Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Follow the Promps sic at Home Depot

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2lmtaj8.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:51:40 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2lmtaj8.jpg

An ignorant employee using a label maker and this is somehow newsworthy or amusing?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 07:10:13 -0700 (PDT)
bob_villain wrote:

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:51:40 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2lmtaj8.jpg

An ignorant employee using a label maker and this is somehow
newsworthy or amusing?

Must be you read and replied!
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain wrote:

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:51:40 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2lmtaj8.jpg

An ignorant employee using a label maker and this is somehow
newsworthy or amusing?

Must be you read and replied!

....and what does that make you, Einstein?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:51:40 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2lmtaj8.jpg

You must not have used the new " chip " card readers. The old credit card readers you would swipe the card and you were done . The new readers you muse put the card in and wait until the chip is checked at that time it will tell you to remove it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 11:56:13 AM UTC-5, Mark H wrote:

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:51:40 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2lmtaj8.jpg

You must not have used the new " chip " card readers. The old credit card readers you would swipe the card and you were done. The new readers you muse put the card in and wait until the chip is checked at that time it will tell you to remove it.

I think the original post was about the spelling of the word "PROMPS."
It should be "PROMPTS." I don't think the poster was griping about
the chip cards, it was about the appalling spelling.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 11:44:44 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 11:56:13 AM UTC-5, Mark H wrote:

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:51:40 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2lmtaj8.jpg

You must not have used the new " chip " card readers. The old credit card readers you would swipe the card and you were done. The new readers you muse put the card in and wait until the chip is checked at that time it will tell you to remove it.

I think the original post was about the spelling of the word "PROMPS."
It should be "PROMPTS." I don't think the poster was griping about
the chip cards, it was about the appalling spelling.

Hence "sic" in the subject line... "thus was it written" ..."inserted
after a quoted word or passage, indicates that the quoted matter has
been transcribed exactly as found in the source text..."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 3:20:09 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

Hence "sic" in the subject line... "thus was it written" ..."inserted
after a quoted word or passage, indicates that the quoted matter has
been transcribed exactly as found in the source text..."

I think Mark H. must have missed that.

;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:44:49 PM UTC-5, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 11:56:13 AM UTC-5, Mark H wrote:

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:51:40 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2lmtaj8.jpg

You must not have used the new " chip " card readers. The old credit card readers you would swipe the card and you were done. The new readers you muse put the card in and wait until the chip is checked at that time it will tell you to remove it.

I think the original post was about the spelling of the word "PROMPS."
It should be "PROMPTS." I don't think the poster was griping about
the chip cards, it was about the appalling spelling.

Wuts a promp? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Prompt Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/26/2016 2:44 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

I think the original post was about the spelling of the word "PROMPS."
It should be "PROMPTS." I don't think the poster was griping about
the chip cards, it was about the appalling spelling.

Probably written by one of my guys. He was out yesterday because of a
soar throat. Not to be confused with the guy that ownly worked a half day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/26/2016 6:56 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Wuts a promp? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Prompt Monster

Where the seenurs in skool go to dance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 7:37:12 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/26/2016 6:56 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Wuts a promp? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Prompt Monster

Where the seenurs in skool go to dance.

I seen sum raysee promp dreses. Them yung gurls is haff nekid. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Nekid Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Welkum to Uhmairiquh! Speling opshenall!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/26/2016 9:45 PM, wrote:
Welkum to Uhmairiquh! Speling opshenall!

Long as you have self esteem, the answer
can be flexible.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 8:37:12 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/26/2016 6:56 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Wuts a promp? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Prompt Monster

Where the seenurs in skool go to dance.

You guys are all assuming that there is a missing "t". In reality, the "m" is an extra letter.

It's supposed to say "Follow the props on the screen" as in "You did a great job
inserting that card. Nobody has ever done it better. Way to go, dude!"

Home Depot - Home Services Experiences Frank[_3_] Home Repair 11 August 9th 07 06:01 AM
Is Home Depot shafting shoppers? "Home Depot is a consistent abuser of its customers' time." Stephen Blackpool Home Repair 65 March 17th 07 12:53 PM
FREE Home Depot Home Improvement How-To-Guide [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 2nd 06 11:06 PM
Where's Home Depot J T Woodworking 57 February 5th 05 06:54 PM
Home Depot at home services, any good reports? [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 20th 05 07:27 PM