Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Small "Dolly" tire not seated on the rim

Does anyone know any trick to put air in a small tire on a dolly cart or
I guess they are also called an appliance cart?

Anyhow, one tire is not seated on the rim, and no matter how much I push
on it, it leaks one one side or the other. I even tried a larger
compressor than mine, at a gas station where there was more air. I just
cant get the tire to expand enough to pop the bead onto the rim.

I guess I have to take it to a tire shop. The tire is good, its just
loose on the rim. But I thought I'd ask on here for ideas. Someone
locally told me to spray ether in it, and light it. NO THANKS !!! I've
seen that done on semi-truck tires, but this small tire might launch in
the air. Far too dangerous.

I dont know why they put aired tires on these small carts anyhow. A
solid tire would work fine, and be a lot less troublesome.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Cow,

If I'm following you, you want to mount a tubeless tire on it's rim and
inflate it. Wrap some rope around the circumference. Tighten the rope until
the tire meets the rim. Inflate

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If I'm following you, you want to mount a tubeless tire on it's rim and
inflate it. Wrap some rope around the circumference. Tighten the rope until
the tire meets the rim. Inflate
Dave M.

... and lots of air - the tires on cheapo wheelbarrows can be a
problem this way also .. been there ..
John T.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 8:06:52 AM UTC-4, David L. Martel wrote:
Cow,

If I'm following you, you want to mount a tubeless tire on it's rim and
inflate it. Wrap some rope around the circumference. Tighten the rope until
the tire meets the rim. Inflate

Dave M.

+1

with a stick through the rope that you can turn like a tournequet

tightne the rope to squeeze the tire and it will push the bead against the rim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/22/2016 10:39 AM, bob haller wrote:

I dont know why they put aired tires on these small carts anyhow. A
solid tire would work fine, and be a lot less troublesome.

install a tube.

I did that and solved the problem. Easier than fighting the rim once or
twice a year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 10:42:55 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/22/2016 10:39 AM, bob haller wrote:

I dont know why they put aired tires on these small carts anyhow. A
solid tire would work fine, and be a lot less troublesome.

install a tube.

I did that and solved the problem. Easier than fighting the rim once or
twice a year.

I agree that a tube is a much better solution. Those small tires never
seem to form a good bead seal. But before I stick any money in this, I
think I'll just buy some solid tires/wheels.

I have an old cart with solid tires. When I need it. it's ready to be
used. This cart is bigger so I would prefer it for certain items, but
everytime I want to use it, the tires are flat. I see no advantage for
aired tires for this application. On a vehicle, aired tires make a
smoother ride, but Im not riding on this cart.

I've been thru this same ordeal with wheelbarrows. The ones with solid
tires get used, while the ones with aired tires get me ****ed off. I
have found solid tire replacements for them.

I have to include garden tractors in this thread. Every spring, all or
most of the tires are flat. Then all summer i'd be out there fighting
with tires. Because there are no solid tires for them, I have put tubes
in them, and I do ride on them, so I suppose it's a smoother ride than
would be solid tires if they were available.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 08:06:23 -0400, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

If I'm following you, you want to mount a tubeless tire on it's rim and
inflate it. Wrap some rope around the circumference. Tighten the rope until
the tire meets the rim. Inflate

Dave M.

Rope demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiojD1FoZJA

Redneck tire inflator: (fire)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNPWfWiNAWE

Posted to alt.home.repair

David L. Martel posted for all of us...

Cow,

If I'm following you, you want to mount a tubeless tire on it's rim and
inflate it. Wrap some rope around the circumference. Tighten the rope until
the tire meets the rim. Inflate

Dave M.

+1 Or wrap his cow tail around it.

--