Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brass pipe

Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it
used in things like *beds* (frames).

Said another way, where might I find surplus/scrap brass tubing
in assorted diameters/lengths (say 1-8' long, 1-4" dia)?

["New" it's outrageously priced]
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Y" wrote in message ...

Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it
used in things like *beds* (frames).

Said another way, where might I find surplus/scrap brass tubing
in assorted diameters/lengths (say 1-8' long, 1-4" dia)?

Brass is very expansive and it is use where steel is corrosive and copper is
too soft.

["New" it's outrageously priced]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 3:59:49 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:
Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it
used in things like *beds* (frames).

Said another way, where might I find surplus/scrap brass tubing
in assorted diameters/lengths (say 1-8' long, 1-4" dia)?

["New" it's outrageously priced]

lots of brass beds are steel pipe plated wth brass look
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-03, Tony944 wrote:

Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it
used in things like *beds* (frames).

Firetrucks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-03, Tony944 wrote:

Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it
used in things like *beds* (frames).

Firetrucks.

It was used as electrical conduit for swimming pool lights until PVC
came along.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/2016 3:45 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 3:59:49 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:
Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it
used in things like *beds* (frames).

Said another way, where might I find surplus/scrap brass tubing
in assorted diameters/lengths (say 1-8' long, 1-4" dia)?

["New" it's outrageously priced]

lots of brass beds are steel pipe plated wth brass look

That's probably true of modern beds. Ours was brass with 4" dia
posts (but steel rails). IIRC, it came out of a "house of ill repute"
from the late 19th century in one of those mining towns in Colo.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Apr 2016 12:56:51 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it
used in things like *beds* (frames).

Said another way, where might I find surplus/scrap brass tubing
in assorted diameters/lengths (say 1-8' long, 1-4" dia)?

["New" it's outrageously priced]

Your project may be another top secret project or only for well
educated people? Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/2016 6:07 PM, Tony944 wrote:

"Don Y" wrote in message ...

Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it
used in things like *beds* (frames).

Said another way, where might I find surplus/scrap brass tubing
in assorted diameters/lengths (say 1-8' long, 1-4" dia)?

Brass is very expansive and it is use where steel is corrosive and
copper is too soft.

["New" it's outrageously priced]

It's also thermal expansive.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Buy a bunch of trombones.

The slides are thinwall brass tubing.

They come in various ID - .500, .525, .547, .562 are the most common.

That's the inner slide. The outer slide is obviously a bit bigger.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/16 6:45 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 3:59:49 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:
Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it
used in things like *beds* (frames).

Said another way, where might I find surplus/scrap brass tubing
in assorted diameters/lengths (say 1-8' long, 1-4" dia)?

["New" it's outrageously priced]

lots of brass beds are steel pipe plated wth brass look

Some "solid brass" beds use steel pipe inside thin wall brass tubing.

--
The government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
- President Ronald Reagan

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Where is brass pipe/tubing typically used? I've only seen it
used in things like *beds* (frames).

Said another way, where might I find surplus/scrap brass tubing
in assorted diameters/lengths (say 1-8' long, 1-4" dia)?

["New" it's outrageously priced]

Your project may be another top secret project or only for well
educated people? Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg, Eg.

I think he's working with that guy who had the mysterious gas
burner requirement for an application he wouldn't state. Probably
for their meth lab.