Kevin

Default 1/2" Brass threaded pipe

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a fully threaded brass
pipe, 1/2" in diameter (5/8 on inside) that is 3.5" long? I have
tried hardware stores, plumbing supply houses etc but everybody wants
to know who made the faucet and it doesn't say on it...

Thanks,

Kevin
Darrell

1/2 Brass pipe for plumbing is very common. Home Depot, Lowes and any
plumbing supply house should carry plenty of Brass pipe & fittings.

Try he http://www.clawfootsupply.com/product400

or

my local Salt Lake City favorite:

http://www.m-onespecialties.com/

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com
willshak

Kevin wrote:

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a fully threaded brass
pipe, 1/2" in diameter (5/8 on inside) that is 3.5" long? I have

How can the inside diameter be larger than the nominal size? 5/8" is
1/8" larger than 1/2" ( 4/8").

tried hardware stores, plumbing supply houses etc but everybody wants
to know who made the faucet and it doesn't say on it...

Thanks,

Kevin

Brigitte

"willshak" wrote in message
Kevin wrote:

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a fully threaded brass
pipe, 1/2" in diameter (5/8 on inside) that is 3.5" long? I have

How can the inside diameter be larger than the nominal size? 5/8" is
1/8" larger than 1/2" ( 4/8").

hmmm...I was wondering the same thing...

Brigitte

willshak

Charles Spitzer wrote:

"willshak" wrote in message

Kevin wrote:

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a fully threaded brass
pipe, 1/2" in diameter (5/8 on inside) that is 3.5" long? I have

How can the inside diameter be larger than the nominal size? 5/8" is 1/8"
larger than 1/2" ( 4/8").

klien pipes

I never heard of that brand/type. I know that there is a difference
when you are talking about pipe and tubing sizes where tubing is
measured on the outside and pipe on the inside. But in any event, you
can't have a pipe or tube that is 1/2" diameter on the outside and 5/8"
diameter on the inside. Maybe if you switched those diameter
measurements, then yes.

tried hardware stores, plumbing supply houses etc but everybody wants
to know who made the faucet and it doesn't say on it...

Thanks,

Kevin

Jeff Wisnia

willshak wrote:

Charles Spitzer wrote:

"willshak" wrote in message

Kevin wrote:

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a fully threaded brass
pipe, 1/2" in diameter (5/8 on inside) that is 3.5" long? I have

How can the inside diameter be larger than the nominal size? 5/8" is
1/8" larger than 1/2" ( 4/8").

klien pipes

I never heard of that brand/type.

They are made by the The Acme Manufacturing Company. IIRC the company
was founded by a guy named Mobius, but he lost it when he went on the
bottle again and didn't get around to business. See:

http://www.kleinbottle.com/

(I bought one there a few years ago. It makes a nice compliment to the
sterling silver Mobius strip napkin ring I picked up years ago.)

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
Wayne Whitney

On 2004-10-19, willshak wrote:

But in any event, you can't have a pipe or tube that is 1/2"
diameter on the outside and 5/8" diameter on the inside.

I don't know about brass pipe, but in Electrical Metallic Tubing, 1/2"
EMT has a 5/8" inside diameter. The nominal or trade size may differ
quite a bit from the actual measurements.

Cheers, Wayne

P.S. I'm guessing that in the case of EMT, the outside diameter was
set to coincide with Rigid Metal Conduit, which is measured by inside
diameter, but the EMT walls are alot thinner.

Greg

I'm sure he is talking about faucet stem pipe. That is nominal 1/2" (5/8 OD)
with a running thread. No taper.
Greg

I don't know about brass pipe, but in Electrical Metallic Tubing, 1/2"
EMT has a 5/8" inside diameter. The nominal or trade size may differ

Actually .56" according to table 4 in the NEC.

willshak

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

willshak wrote:

Charles Spitzer wrote:

"willshak" wrote in message

Kevin wrote:

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a fully threaded brass
pipe, 1/2" in diameter (5/8 on inside) that is 3.5" long? I have

How can the inside diameter be larger than the nominal size? 5/8"
is 1/8" larger than 1/2" ( 4/8").

klien pipes

I never heard of that brand/type.

They are made by the The Acme Manufacturing Company. IIRC the company
was founded by a guy named Mobius, but he lost it when he went on the
bottle again and didn't get around to business. See:

http://www.kleinbottle.com/

(I bought one there a few years ago. It makes a nice compliment to the
sterling silver Mobius strip napkin ring I picked up years ago.)

OK, it was a funny. I have seen those bottles, but didn't know the name.
I am am familiar with mobius strips. Solly, Charlie.
Wayne Whitney

On 2004-10-19, Greg wrote:
I don't know about brass pipe, but in Electrical Metallic Tubing, 1/2"
EMT has a 5/8" inside diameter. The nominal or trade size may differ

Actually .56" according to table 4 in the NEC.

0.560" is the ID of 1/2" ENT. The ID of 1/2" EMT is 0.622", or almost 5/8".

Cheers, Wayne
Greg

Actually .56" according to table 4 in the NEC.

0.560" is the ID of 1/2" ENT. The ID of 1/2" EMT is 0.622", or almost 5/8".

Yup, sorry for the FUD
Chet Hayes

willshak wrote in message ...
Kevin wrote:

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a fully threaded brass
pipe, 1/2" in diameter (5/8 on inside) that is 3.5" long? I have

How can the inside diameter be larger than the nominal size? 5/8" is
1/8" larger than 1/2" ( 4/8").

I guess that's why it's so hard to find. lol

tried hardware stores, plumbing supply houses etc but everybody wants
to know who made the faucet and it doesn't say on it...

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin

I need the pipe to be fully threaded, not just on the ends.

Im going to get the ID and OD diameter again (a friend has the pipe so
it might take a bit of time).

Darrell dwc511(not wrote in message ...
1/2 Brass pipe for plumbing is very common. Home Depot, Lowes and any
plumbing supply house should carry plenty of Brass pipe & fittings.

Try he http://www.clawfootsupply.com/product400

or

my local Salt Lake City favorite:

http://www.m-onespecialties.com/

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

Speedy Jim

Kevin wrote:

I need the pipe to be fully threaded, not just on the ends.

Im going to get the ID and OD diameter again (a friend has the pipe so
it might take a bit of time).

This is called a "running thread".

This type of nipple is most common in the elec trade, where
galv steel nipples are used. A few faucet mfr's used them
in brass, but they are not common today and hard to find.

http://www.islandreplacementparts.co...cetRepairs.htm
knows about them.

http://www.lawsupply.net/brass_fittings/ips/
lists a brass running thread nipple

GOOGLE for more.

Jim
willshak

Kevin wrote:

I need the pipe to be fully threaded, not just on the ends.

Im going to get the ID and OD diameter again (a friend has the pipe so
it might take a bit of time).

No problem. We'll wait. :-)

Darrell dwc511(not wrote in message ...

1/2 Brass pipe for plumbing is very common. Home Depot, Lowes and any
plumbing supply house should carry plenty of Brass pipe & fittings.

Try he http://www.clawfootsupply.com/product400

or

my local Salt Lake City favorite:

http://www.m-onespecialties.com/

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

willshak

Speedy Jim wrote:

Kevin wrote:

I need the pipe to be fully threaded, not just on the ends.

Im going to get the ID and OD diameter again (a friend has the pipe so
it might take a bit of time).

This is called a "running thread".

This type of nipple is most common in the elec trade, where
galv steel nipples are used. A few faucet mfr's used them
in brass, but they are not common today and hard to find.

http://www.islandreplacementparts.co...cetRepairs.htm
knows about them.

http://www.lawsupply.net/brass_fittings/ips/
lists a brass running thread nipple

GOOGLE for more.

From what the OP described, perhaps the one listed as BF-N-005-RT 1/2
X 6 RUNNING THREAD NIPPLE on the lawsupply link would be the one he
needs. Just a matter of cutting the length to 3-1/2"
Kevin

So much for blindly following what I was told. I just asked my friend
who has the pipe and was told ID 5/8, OD 1/2 so I didn't have it
backwards from what I was told (but didn't think about).

This is probably supposed to be copper, not brass.

willshak wrote in message ...
Kevin wrote:

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a fully threaded brass
pipe, 1/2" in diameter (5/8 on inside) that is 3.5" long? I have

How can the inside diameter be larger than the nominal size? 5/8" is
1/8" larger than 1/2" ( 4/8").

tried hardware stores, plumbing supply houses etc but everybody wants
to know who made the faucet and it doesn't say on it...

Thanks,

Kevin

Grandpa Koca

Kevin wrote:

Am I missing something or is there no way to order off of the lawsupply website?

The easiest way is to edit off the last part of the address:

http://www.lawsupply.net

Then give them a call. They do not appear to support on-line ordering.

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

willshak

Kevin wrote:

Am I missing something or is there no way to order off of the lawsupply website?

I guess it's just a brick and mortar store with no on-line ordering.
You'll probably have to use old technology to order from them. Maybe now
that you know the proper name for the piece, you may do better
calling/visiting plumbing suppliers in your area.

willshak wrote in message ...

Speedy Jim wrote:

Kevin wrote:

I need the pipe to be fully threaded, not just on the ends.

Im going to get the ID and OD diameter again (a friend has the pipe so
it might take a bit of time).

This is called a "running thread".

This type of nipple is most common in the elec trade, where
galv steel nipples are used. A few faucet mfr's used them
in brass, but they are not common today and hard to find.

http://www.islandreplacementparts.co...cetRepairs.htm
knows about them.

http://www.lawsupply.net/brass_fittings/ips/
lists a brass running thread nipple