Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for a source of a gas burner.

Looking for a source of a gas burner.

When I was a kid we had a square cast iron gas burner (worked on NG &
propane). orifices were ~ 1/2 in centers and the burner was ~ 9 X 18 to 20
inches.

I don't need a cast iron burner but do need something that has a somewat
even flame over 9 X 18 /20 inches and works on NG (propane in addition would
be nice)

TIA for all input

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:39:13 AM UTC-4, NotMe wrote:
Looking for a source of a gas burner.

When I was a kid we had a square cast iron gas burner (worked on NG &
propane). orifices were ~ 1/2 in centers and the burner was ~ 9 X 18 to 20
inches.

I don't need a cast iron burner but do need something that has a somewat
even flame over 9 X 18 /20 inches and works on NG (propane in addition would
be nice)

TIA for all input

Have you looked at turkey fryers?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 09:07:58 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:39:13 AM UTC-4, NotMe wrote:
Looking for a source of a gas burner.

When I was a kid we had a square cast iron gas burner (worked on NG &
propane). orifices were ~ 1/2 in centers and the burner was ~ 9 X 18 to 20
inches.

I don't need a cast iron burner but do need something that has a somewat
even flame over 9 X 18 /20 inches and works on NG (propane in addition would
be nice)

TIA for all input

Have you looked at turkey fryers?

Search for "grill burners". Some are brass, some stainless steel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:39:13 AM UTC-4, NotMe wrote:
Looking for a source of a gas burner.

When I was a kid we had a square cast iron gas burner (worked on NG &
propane). orifices were ~ 1/2 in centers and the burner was ~ 9 X 18 to
20
inches.

I don't need a cast iron burner but do need something that has a somewat
even flame over 9 X 18 /20 inches and works on NG (propane in addition
would
be nice)

TIA for all input

Have you looked at turkey fryers?

Have one of those but not what I need. Thanks for the reply.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:39:13 AM UTC-4, NotMe wrote:
Looking for a source of a gas burner.

When I was a kid we had a square cast iron gas burner (worked on NG &
propane). orifices were ~ 1/2 in centers and the burner was ~ 9 X 18 to
20
inches.

I don't need a cast iron burner but do need something that has a somewat
even flame over 9 X 18 /20 inches and works on NG (propane in addition
would
be nice)

TIA for all input

Have you looked at turkey fryers?

Search for "grill burners". Some are brass, some stainless steel.

Did that. I found nothing that gives me a retangular area and a uniform
burner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 14:12:50 -0500, "NotMe" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:39:13 AM UTC-4, NotMe wrote:
Looking for a source of a gas burner.

When I was a kid we had a square cast iron gas burner (worked on NG &
propane). orifices were ~ 1/2 in centers and the burner was ~ 9 X 18 to
20
inches.

I don't need a cast iron burner but do need something that has a somewat
even flame over 9 X 18 /20 inches and works on NG (propane in addition
would
be nice)

TIA for all input

Have you looked at turkey fryers?

Search for "grill burners". Some are brass, some stainless steel.

Did that. I found nothing that gives me a retangular area and a uniform
burner.

None of these images?

https://tinyurl.com/j5r72b6
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 14:12:50 -0500, "NotMe" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:39:13 AM UTC-4, NotMe wrote:
Looking for a source of a gas burner.

When I was a kid we had a square cast iron gas burner (worked on NG &
propane). orifices were ~ 1/2 in centers and the burner was ~ 9 X 18
20
inches.

I don't need a cast iron burner but do need something that has a
somewat
even flame over 9 X 18 /20 inches and works on NG (propane in addition
would
be nice)

TIA for all input

Have you looked at turkey fryers?

Search for "grill burners". Some are brass, some stainless steel.

Did that. I found nothing that gives me a retangular area and a uniform
burner.

None of these images?

https://tinyurl.com/j5r72b6

Thanks. One or two looked good but as I found out when I dug into the
details those used catalytic burners which produced only heat no flame.

Frankly I can't find an online photo nor have I found anything in
junk/antiques shops that comes close.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:25:04 -0500, "NotMe" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I haven't quite figured out exactly what you are trying to do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You could perhaps use two conventional burners or go for this one:
http://charlesahones.com/rectangular-gas-burners/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Exactly what do you need it for, and what does it absolutely have to
do?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:42:17 -0400, wrote:

Exactly what do you need it for, and what does it absolutely have to
do?

Dang it. Now you've introduced factual questions
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 4:25:56 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:42:17 -0400, wrote:

Exactly what do you need it for, and what does it absolutely have to
do?

Dang it. Now you've introduced factual questions

It's probably for his meth lab.
Posted to alt.home.repair

&
[...]

I need a uniform/concentrated heat/flame source over a square area of 9 by
18-20 inch. I could use sand casting to build it myself but would rather
find an affordable OTS solution.

http://charlesahones.com/rectangular-gas-burners/ would do the job but the
cost is out of bed for my application so I'll keep looking/hooping.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 18:41:53 -0500, "NotMe" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Still don't know what you want it for (your top secret application)
so impossible to give you an "out of the box" idea.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 19:49:44 -0400, wrote:

Still don't know what you want it for (your top secret application)
so impossible to give you an "out of the box" idea.

....know what I mean Vern?

DVD burner screwed by 2nd burner added to system mike[_12_] Electronics Repair 21 June 4th 12 11:50 PM
oil burner wolf69 Home Repair 4 April 16th 09 03:02 AM
log burner Staffbull UK diy 62 December 26th 07 10:55 AM
Buy new Oil Burner or fix old one? Tony Home Repair 1 November 15th 06 12:20 AM
Mad Dog CD burner JURB6006 Electronics Repair 7 November 22nd 04 12:33 PM