Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Health Hazard of Dry Skin

Unsolicited piece of advice #4,387: use moisturizing creme on your skin
to keep it from getting dry and cracking.

Went to the family doc today with a foot/shin that was about twice it's
normal size and all sorts of "interesting" colors. I probably should
not have driven - I felt that bad.

He said: "Major infection".

I said: "How does that happen without a portal for the infection to
enter through?".... i.e. I have had no cuts or any other
lesions...

He said: "Portals? You have hundreds of them."... and pointed to the
dry cracked skin.

Turns out each crack is a mini portal.... "Mini" to the eye, but plenty
big for bacteria.

My wife has been on my case for years and years trying to get me to
apply moisturizing creme - but it always seemed un-macho to me so I said
to myself "The hell with it - I can live with a few cracks until
spring".

Now I know....
--
Pete Cresswell