Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hey MM, Three more

Maurice White, 74
Paul Katner, 74
Signe Toly Anderson, 74

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/4/2016 7:57 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Maurice White, 74
Paul Katner, 74
Signe Toly Anderson, 74

One mo Dan Hicks: Musician Dies at 74 After Battle With Cancer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 6:57:32 PM UTC-6, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Maurice White, 74
Paul Katner, 74
Signe Toly Anderson, 74
--

Earth Wind and Fire was a super group in my opinion. They're all dying. When they die young as many have, the picture in your mind of them never changes. It's strange how many iconic musicians die at age 27 but when the live a long life, the last image you have of them isn't all that flattering. I see pictures of all the still living pop musicians from the 60's and 70's and wonder what the hell happened to them. Although there is Keith Richards 72 who's appearance has never changed since the 60's. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Live Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/2016 1:49 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 6:57:32 PM UTC-6, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Maurice White, 74
Paul Katner, 74
Signe Toly Anderson, 74
--

Earth Wind and Fire was a super group in my opinion. They're all dying. When they die young as many have, the picture in your mind of them never changes. It's strange how many iconic musicians die at age 27 but when the live a long life, the last image you have of them isn't all that flattering. I see pictures of all the still living pop musicians from the 60's and 70's and wonder what the hell happened to them. Although there is Keith Richards 72 who's appearance has never changed since the 60's. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Live Monster

I've always been terrible with names and titles and such things, so, I
couldn't tell you for the most part who played which song in what group
unless I googled it. There might be a handful of people I would know.

Sometimes, people I meet will tell me their names and I won't even
remember it 5 mins. later. I know I heard it, but it's like that detail
doesn't mean anything to me UNLESS that person becomes someone I see on
a regular basis - them I remember their names.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 19:22:35 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

Sometimes, people I meet will tell me their names and I won't even
remember it 5 mins. later. I know I heard it, but it's like that detail
doesn't mean anything to me UNLESS that person becomes someone I see on
a regular basis - them I remember their names.

I'm not interested in names and do forget them right away. I never
forget a face and connect it in some way. Takes me a minute.

Keith Richards is a different story. His obituary will suggest my time
is near G

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Sometimes, people I meet will tell me their names and I won't even
remember it 5 mins. later. I know I heard it, but it's like that detail
doesn't mean anything to me UNLESS that person becomes someone I see on
a regular basis - them I remember their names.

I'm not interested in names and do forget them right away. I never
forget a face and connect it in some way. Takes me a minute.

Keith Richards is a different story. His obituary will suggest my time
is near G

Keith Richards?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Sometimes, people I meet will tell me their names and I won't even
remember it 5 mins. later. I know I heard it, but it's like that detail
doesn't mean anything to me UNLESS that person becomes someone I see on
a regular basis - them I remember their names.

I'm not interested in names and do forget them right away. I never
forget a face and connect it in some way. Takes me a minute.

Keith Richards is a different story. His obituary will suggest my time
is near G

Keith Richards?

Yeah. The same guy that spilled his father's cremated ashes on the
kitchen table an snorted some, then buried the remains under a tree in
the yard. He plays guitar for the Rolling Stones. Admitted it on the
news.

....blue shirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRot9IjNSso

You must be young G
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Sometimes, people I meet will tell me their names and I won't even
remember it 5 mins. later. I know I heard it, but it's like that detail
doesn't mean anything to me UNLESS that person becomes someone I see on
a regular basis - them I remember their names.

I'm not interested in names and do forget them right away. I never
forget a face and connect it in some way. Takes me a minute.

Keith Richards is a different story. His obituary will suggest my time
is near G

Keith Richards?

Yeah. The same guy that spilled his father's cremated ashes on the
kitchen table an snorted some, then buried the remains under a tree in
the yard. He plays guitar for the Rolling Stones. Admitted it on the
news.

...blue shirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRot9IjNSso

aahhh ... ok The most I know about the Rolling Stones is what I've
heard about in the movie Jumping Jack Flash. It's one of my favorite
movies.

You must be young G

Not as young as I'd like to be! ha! I wasn't ever really a fan of their
music.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Who are you going to believe:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1556258/keith-richards-explains-snorting-dads-ashes-story-was-lost-in-the-usual-slanting/

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well, Keith Richards hasn't ever really been on my radar of people who
matter to me.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Trust the story from his own words in a CBS interview. (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQz83W7Z9-8
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I don't pay much attention to pop culture either but try to keep abreast
as to what is going on and find visits to TMZ enlightening.

http://www.tmz.com/

I might enjoy somebody's music but not care where it is coming from and
details about those that put it together.

More interesting is to understand the mentality of these people,
generally juvenile.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I may hear a song on the radio or tv occasionally, but don't really care
who is singing it or who wrote it.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/2016 8:22 PM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

Nice thing about getting old is I can ask people to repeat their names
because getting old I have trouble remembering.

Hell, I never could remember names, but now I have a good excuse.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Feb 2016 00:30:56 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

Who are you going to believe:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1556258/keith-richards-explains-snorting-dads-ashes-story-was-lost-in-the-usual-slanting/

The Hall Monitor Net Cop Dan trusts MTV over the actual words from
Keith Richards.

Trust the story from his own words in a CBS interview. (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQz83W7Z9-8
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote: "I don't pay much attention to pop culture either but try to keep..."

I consider myself a '99-percenter' when it comes to music:
If it's spent any time in the Billboard top 50 for the past half
century or so, then it's probably in either my music collection,
on CD, LP, or mp3 download. Yes, I hear beauty in the
ordinary.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Who are you going to believe:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1556258/keith-richards-explains-snorting-dads-ashes-story-was-lost-in-the-usual-slanting/

The Hall Monitor Net Cop Dan trusts MTV over the actual words from
Keith Richards.

Trust the story from his own words in a CBS interview. (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQz83W7Z9-8

So you elevated his position to mall cop? Paul Bart would object. I always
thought of him as the clock man at an empty warehouse.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Who are you going to believe:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1556258/keith-richards-explains-snorting-dads-ashes-story-was-lost-in-the-usual-slanting/

The Hall Monitor Net Cop Dan trusts MTV over the actual words from
Keith Richards.

Trust the story from his own words in a CBS interview. (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQz83W7Z9-8

So you elevated his position to mall cop? Paul Bart would object. I always
thought of him as the clock man at an empty warehouse.

No. Dan Epsen wishes he could be a wart on me. Ever see him debate on
facts, no. See him address home repairs, not much, if ever. Just
wants to bitch like every progressive liberal pinko commie.

Acts like he has some control of ALT groups. Perhaps he could move to
a moderated group and get a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'm fighting Brits right now. I'm going to kill birdman Macaw's
parrots, pluck the feathers and grill them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 15:37:56 -0500, Tekkie®

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

Be careful, eating it might make your teeth British Brown. Not enough
brightener to clean the choppers after your done. Maybe teach the bird some
new language. You can come up with your own vocabulary...

--
Tekkie