Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dog Whistles

Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:25:53 -0800, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote:

Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

The whistle is as likely to make them bark more as to stop it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=loud+dog+whistles
Posted to alt.home.repair

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney posted for all of us...

Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

I don't think a dog whistle will solve your problem.

I presume this is a neighbors dog. A dog is only as good as the training
it's received. Is this at night with low temps? Talk to the neighbor. Find
out about dog laws in your area. If they have an animal control officer. Or
the humane shelters. Don't take it out on the dog. I had dogs and never
received complaints about barking. They did it inside when someone or a
critter was outside.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking
but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

The whistle is as likely to make them bark more as to stop it.

and if it is someone else's dog, maybe the more barking is what it will take
for them to deal with the problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:55:47 -0800, "taxed and spent"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking
but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

The whistle is as likely to make them bark more as to stop it.

and if it is someone else's dog, maybe the more barking is what it will take
for them to deal with the problem.

If people put up with any barking from their dog, a lot more won't
bother them. I suspect they might not even be home when this happens.

Posted to alt.home.repair

https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-281.pdf

--
"The Bible is a book that has been read more and examined less than any
book that ever existed." [The Theological Works of Thomas Paine]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 3:51:29 PM UTC-6, Sam E wrote:
On 01/27/2016 12:25 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-281.pdf
--

I read most of the story and it reminded me of when I was a kid and I picked up a lot of military and NASA surplus. His description of the transducer made me think of what's used in a sonar system. I've met guys who were Navy sonar techs and they told me those sonar units put out a LOT of audio power. I wonder what that transducer would have done with some real power fed into it? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sonar Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 12:26:15 PM UTC-6, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

Check this out. ^_^

http://www.tbotech.com/dogchaser.htm

[8~{} Uncle Dog Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=loud+dog+whistles

Hey, why don't you have some one blow a whistle
in your ear, and see how you like it?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 14:30:07 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 3:51:29 PM UTC-6, Sam E wrote:
On 01/27/2016 12:25 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-281.pdf
--

I read most of the story and it reminded me of when I was a kid and I picked up a lot of military and NASA surplus. His description of the transducer made me think of what's used in a sonar system. I've met guys who were Navy sonar techs and they told me those sonar units put out a LOT of audio power. I wonder what that transducer would have done with some real power fed into it? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sonar Monster

Those pinging crystals were everywhere in the late 60s. I imagine the
navy surplused thousands of them.
I have seen them as cheap as $5. Guys used them as tweeters or the
basis for a bad assed ultrasonic cleaner using an old SS kitchen sink
or even a stock tank. (wash an entire VW or Harley) engine
They were pretty much immune to most solvents. IBM had some giant
power transistors that we used for motor controllers in tape drives
and a 555 timer would kick them off.,
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I miss the days when I was interested in playing with that kind of stuff. Like when I was interested in learning computer programming. I had to put it all on the back burner when I had to concentrate on working to survive and on paying bills. I lost my youthful exuberance way too soon. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Petulant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 18:20:04 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=loud+dog+whistles

Hey, why don't you have some one blow a whistle
in your ear, and see how you like it?

...because I know my dog hates the sound of a vacuum cleaner when the
bride gets loose with that gadget. He runs to me to save his ears.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking
but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

The whistle is as likely to make them bark more as to stop it.

and if it is someone else's dog, maybe the more barking is what it will take
for them to deal with the problem

Back in the 70's and early 80's there was a "Doggy Phaser" made by some
enterprising soul. It was like one of the early ultrasonic remote
controls on steroids. I had one. I was powered by a 9v battery and its
intended use was to stop a charging dog in its tracks.

Like chemical Mace, it worked. Sometimes.

Some dogs would pause and then go back to whatever they wanted to do.
Some really were affected by it. Had a charging boxer one day that
decided he wanted a piece of me after coming around the corner
unleashed. Gave him a long blast of the thing (inaudible to humans) and
he looked like I'd hit him in the head with a baseball bat. Stopped dead
in his tracks, shook his head and turned tail and went back from whence
he came.

Not reliable enough for moi.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sam E" wrote in message ...
On 01/27/2016 12:25 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-281.pdf

Wow! Thanks a lot, Sam!!! That's a great story!! I could not stop reading until the very end. Audio is good too, but reading it let's you use your imagination. Unbelievably great story. Thanks again!!!
http://media.GRC.com/sn/SN-281.mp3

"Leo Laporte: This is Security Now! with Steve Gibson, Special Christmas Holiday Episode 281 for December 30, 2010: The Portable Dog Killer....."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 3:51:29 PM UTC-6, Sam E wrote:
On 01/27/2016 12:25 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-281.pdf
--

I read most of the story and it reminded me of when I was a kid and I picked up a lot of military and NASA surplus. His description of the transducer made me think of what's used in a sonar system. I've met guys who were Navy sonar techs and they told me those sonar units put out a LOT of audio power. I wonder what that transducer would have done with some real power fed into it? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sonar Monster

Sonar, I used to work on Sonar simulators made for new recruits.
Once I was on board sub.
Posted to alt.home.repair

-
- "Leo Laporte: This is Security Now! with Steve Gibson, Special Christmas Holiday Episode 281 for December 30, 2010: The Portable Dog Killer....."
-

I had to tell you thanks again for that. I listened to it again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Stormin Mormon:
Tape recorder? Loud speaker? Gently worded letter?

My late brother thought there would be a niche for a dog hit service.

"Murder Incorporated", only for dogs...

Call the number, transfer the cash, couple paisanos drive up and get out
of as car carrying violin cases....
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:21:25 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote in

Rot In Hell Rufus....

+1 on that.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Default I need me a "Dog Whistles"

On 1/27/2016 10:25 AM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

Is this about your wife?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang posted for all of us...

Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 3:51:29 PM UTC-6, Sam E wrote:
On 01/27/2016 12:25 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Where can I get a dog whistle loud enough to discourage a dog from barking but not loud enough o cause any damage to its ears?

https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-281.pdf
--

I read most of the story and it reminded me of when I was a kid and I picked up a lot of military and NASA surplus. His description of the transducer made me think of what's used in a sonar system. I've met guys who were Navy sonar techs and they told me those sonar units put out a LOT of audio power. I wonder what that transducer would have done with some real power fed into it? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sonar Monster

Sonar, I used to work on Sonar simulators made for new recruits.
Once I was on board sub.

Did it have a screen door?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 15:50:49 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Once I was on board sub.

Did it have a screen door?

The USS Drum, tied up at the Washington Navy Yard (called the gun
factory in those days) had a screen door.
It never moved tho.

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.amazon.com/AuraSound-AST-.../dp/B0002ZPTBI