jim

Default tv whistles no sound no picture when plugging into power

my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture. is it a simple fix or something much worse? if simple how do
i fix it. thanks
James Sweet

"jim" wrote in message
om...
my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture. is it a simple fix or something much worse? if simple how do
i fix it. thanks

How's anyone supposed to help you without knowing the make and model of the
TV?

D MARSHALL

if you know what to do, check the EHT transistor
for short or open and flyback transformer maybe at
fault, check power supply output and if working.

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"jim" wrote in message
om...
my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture. is it a simple fix or something much worse? if simple how do
i fix it. thanks

How's anyone supposed to help you without knowing the make and model of

the
TV?

Sam Goldwasser

"James Sweet" writes:

"jim" wrote in message
om...
my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture. is it a simple fix or something much worse? if simple how do
i fix it. thanks

How's anyone supposed to help you without knowing the make and model of the
TV?

Well, at least we could say it's probably in the power supply or deflection.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

dkuhajda

The simple fix is to take the tv into a qualified servicer for repair.

Mike

In article ISUpd.1349$lv6.9@trnddc03,
James Sweet wrote:

my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture

How's anyone supposed to help you without knowing the make and model of the
TV?

Yeah, and what tune is it whistling? That could be important!

Mike Brown: mjb[at]pootle.demon.co.uk | http://www.pootle.demon.co.uk/

Symphonic WF2702 Won't power up Ticking sound Mr. Lee Electronics Repair 12 October 26th 04 04:09 AM
Sony KV-27S22 : Sound, but not picture. Jason Electronics Repair 2 October 6th 04 03:45 PM
Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
TV lost picture then lost sound.. Jason Electronics Repair 2 May 16th 04 02:42 PM