DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   tv whistles no sound no picture when plugging into power (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/78935-tv-whistles-no-sound-no-picture-when-plugging-into-power.html)

jim November 27th 04 05:38 AM

tv whistles no sound no picture when plugging into power

my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture. is it a simple fix or something much worse? if simple how do
i fix it. thanks

James Sweet November 27th 04 06:09 AM

"jim" wrote in message
om...
my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture. is it a simple fix or something much worse? if simple how do
i fix it. thanks

How's anyone supposed to help you without knowing the make and model of the
TV?

D MARSHALL November 27th 04 10:41 AM

if you know what to do, check the EHT transistor
for short or open and flyback transformer maybe at
fault, check power supply output and if working.

"James Sweet" wrote in message

om...

Sam Goldwasser November 27th 04 01:32 PM

"James Sweet" writes:

"jim" wrote in message
om...
my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture. is it a simple fix or something much worse? if simple how do
i fix it. thanks

How's anyone supposed to help you without knowing the make and model of the
TV?

Well, at least we could say it's probably in the power supply or deflection.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

b November 27th 04 03:20 PM

(jim) wrote in message . com...
my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture. is it a simple fix or something much worse? if simple how do
i fix it. thanks

make? model number? come on, you cant expect an accurate response
without giving us the facts.

sounds like power supply has gone tits up after a short in the
horizontal deflection. Not something you will be able to solve. Get it
to a tech for an estimate or replace the set.

-B

dkuhajda November 28th 04 10:30 PM

The simple fix is to take the tv into a qualified servicer for repair.

Mike November 29th 04 04:14 PM

In article ISUpd.1349$lv6.9@trnddc03,
James Sweet wrote:

my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture

How's anyone supposed to help you without knowing the make and model of the
TV?

Yeah, and what tune is it whistling? That could be important!

Mike Brown: mjb[at]pootle.demon.co.uk | http://www.pootle.demon.co.uk/

jim November 29th 04 07:52 PM

(b) wrote in message . com...
(jim) wrote in message . com...
my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture. is it a simple fix or something much worse? if simple how do
i fix it. thanks

make? model number? come on, you cant expect an accurate response
without giving us the facts.

sounds like power supply has gone tits up after a short in the
horizontal deflection. Not something you will be able to solve. Get it
to a tech for an estimate or replace the set.

-B

sorry i thought it might be a general problem. the tv is an rca
f26433tx51 thanks all.

ezwizzard November 30th 04 03:59 AM

(jim) wrote in message . com...
my tv whistles when plugging into power. there is no sound and no
picture. is it a simple fix or something much worse? if simple how do
i fix it. thanks

I have come across this many times, check the power supply for bad
solder connection.