Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do they make a caulk gun for a tooth paste tube?

I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the
size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to
seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun to
squeeze it out of the tube.

Anyone know of something like this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2016 2:13 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:
I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the
size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to
seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun to
squeeze it out of the tube.

Anyone know of something like this?

Years ago, they made "keys" that you would use to roll up the
toothpaste tube and, in doing so, dispense the paste without
"squishing" the tube in the middle.

It looked like a slotted (plastic) dowel with a "wing nut"
sort of end. You slipped the crimped end of the toothpaste
tube (when they were metal) into the slot in the dowel.
Then, turned the "wing nut" end to roll the tube up onto
the dowel. Of course, as you do so, you are decreasing the
volume available inside the tube and thus forcing paste out the
other end.

I've also seen a different product that ran the tube through
a sort of "wringer" like on the ancient washing machines ("tubs")
to much the same effect.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 3:15:50 PM UTC-6, Seymore4Head wrote:
I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the
size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to
seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun to
squeeze it out of the tube.

Anyone know of something like this?

You can always get one of those grease guns that don't need a cartridge to work. You can also get a large bore syringe and pack it full. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Calk Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 14:39:53 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

Years ago, they made "keys" that you would use to roll up the
toothpaste tube and, in doing so, dispense the paste without
"squishing" the tube in the middle.

It looked like a slotted (plastic) dowel with a "wing nut"
sort of end. You slipped the crimped end of the toothpaste
tube (when they were metal) into the slot in the dowel.
Then, turned the "wing nut" end to roll the tube up onto
the dowel. Of course, as you do so, you are decreasing the
volume available inside the tube and thus forcing paste out the
other end.

I've also seen a different product that ran the tube through
a sort of "wringer" like on the ancient washing machines ("tubs")
to much the same effect.

I remember those keys and also remember the old metal tubes. It's
amazing any of us survived those years, considering out tooth paste (and
other medications and products) came in LEAD tubes.

I also remember when Christmas Tinsel was made from pure LEAD. Heck, a
box of tinsel weighed several pounds.

And of course there was the old LEAD plumbing pipes.

How did any of us survive?

Every morning you cleaned your teeth while getting your daily dose of
lead.... If you cut yourself, you just applied some ointment from a LEAD
tube.

Now a days, they will condemn and demolish a million dollar building,
because it's paint contains a fraction of one percent of lead. But prior
to somewhere in the 1970's lead was everywhere. How much of that lead
tinsel got into your christmas candies and cookies?

Maybe all of us who lived thru that time period, are dead. We just dont
know it yet! That might explain why young people ignore us, and all this
time I thought it was just their ear buds, and the texts they listen to
on their shumart fonz.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

....and the eating utensils had lead holding the handles on. The Romans died young because of lead pots. And the original canned goods were sealed with lead.
I do remember how well the tinsel hung though! (70 yo here)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Seymore4Head posted for all of us...

I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the
size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to
seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun to
squeeze it out of the tube.

Anyone know of something like this?

I have seen the ones mentioned for toothpaste. If you don't get any ideas
here you could use a 3" piece of 3/8 dowel. Or talk to the local support
group. Or the medical supply, I have found some of these are really bad with
help while if one noses around sometimes find a good one. Even your local
pharmacist could help.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 14:17:53 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

Seymore4Head posted for all of us...

I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the
size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to
seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun to
squeeze it out of the tube.

Anyone know of something like this?

I have seen the ones mentioned for toothpaste. If you don't get any ideas
here you could use a 3" piece of 3/8 dowel. Or talk to the local support
group. Or the medical supply, I have found some of these are really bad with
help while if one noses around sometimes find a good one. Even your local
pharmacist could help.

I have supplies that are supposed to last 8 weeks. I am going to give
these a try when current supplies run out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG5mFXdJEDs

They look idiot proof which is what I am shooting for.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 3:15:50 PM UTC-6, Seymore4Head wrote:
I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the
size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to
seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun to
squeeze it out of the tube.

Anyone know of something like this?

This would be about 2 0z would that work? http://tinyurl.com/zz3j8x3
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 12:55:31 -0800 (PST), bob_villain
wrote:

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 3:15:50 PM UTC-6, Seymore4Head wrote:
I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the
size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to
seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun to
squeeze it out of the tube.

Anyone know of something like this?

This would be about 2 0z would that work? http://tinyurl.com/zz3j8x3

A Syringe has been suggested. I haven't tried it but I think the
paste would be too thick.

Being able to dispense it from a syringe would make it easier if it
would work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 3:15:50 PM UTC-6, Seymore4Head wrote:
I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the
size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to
seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun to
squeeze it out of the tube.

Anyone know of something like this?

This would be about 2 0z would that work? http://tinyurl.com/zz3j8x3

A Syringe has been suggested. I haven't tried it but I think the
paste would be too thick.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of anyone being as specific...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 3:15:50 PM UTC-6, Seymore4Head wrote:
I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the
size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to
seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun to
squeeze it out of the tube.

Anyone know of something like this?

This would be about 2 0z would that work? http://tinyurl.com/zz3j8x3

A Syringe has been suggested. I haven't tried it but I think the
paste would be too thick.

Being able to dispense it from a syringe would make it easier if it
would work.

Would a mini grease gun work?
Amazon: http://preview.alturl.com/o9zzq

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 3:15:50 PM UTC-6, Seymore4Head wrote:
I have a new ostomy bag. It comes with a paste (in a tube about the
size of a tooth paste tube) that you squeeze out around the opening to
seal it. It would be nice to have something like a caulk gun to
squeeze it out of the tube.

Anyone know of something like this?

This would be about 2 0z would that work? http://tinyurl.com/zz3j8x3

A Syringe has been suggested. I haven't tried it but I think the
paste would be too thick.

Being able to dispense it from a syringe would make it easier if it
would work.

Would a mini grease gun work?
Amazon: http://preview.alturl.com/o9zzq

I get the feeling that transferring the paste into a syringe or a
grease gun might cause the paste to harden.

Caulk tube saved for next time Stormin Mormon Home Repair 19 November 5th 10 10:29 PM
OT capping a tube of silicone caulk William Wixon Metalworking 16 January 21st 08 01:18 PM
caulk tube Patt Home Repair 13 January 12th 06 01:02 AM
How long does a tube of unopened caulk last? miamicuse Home Repair 12 November 27th 05 05:28 PM
Grout caulk in a tube for tile? [email protected] Home Repair 3 September 19th 04 05:59 PM