Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What the hell just happened?

I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 14:17:55 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

Not here (giganews with Agent)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

The Internet has a burp every now and then. Move along. g
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 3:18:35 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

Why do think something is wrong? It *is* 2009.

Isn't it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

Maybe your newsrc file is corrupted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:48:57 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 3:18:35 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

Why do think something is wrong? It *is* 2009.

Isn't it?

According to Juimmy Buffet it's always "5 oclock somewhere" so
perhaps you are right - - -
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 3:18:35 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

Why do think something is wrong? It *is* 2009.

Isn't it?

I sometimes make the mistake and click the wrong retrieve command
icon. "...waiting for 50,000 headers.

I hate when I do that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"badgolferman" wrote in message
Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

Maybe your newsrc file is corrupted.

My newsfeed went down a few weeks ago, and one by one over a period of days
my subscribed groups came back alive. All with "new" headers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 3:18:35 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

Why do think something is wrong? It *is* 2009.

Isn't it?

According to Juimmy Buffet it's always "5 oclock somewhere" so
perhaps you are right - - -

If life gives you limes, make margaritas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/28/2015 01:48 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 3:18:35 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

Why do think something is wrong? It *is* 2009.

Isn't it?

No, that's next year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 3:18:35 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

Why do think something is wrong? It *is* 2009.

Isn't it?

I sometimes make the mistake and click the wrong retrieve command
icon. "...waiting for 50,000 headers.

I hate when I do that.

Maybe you do, but not me. I never make a mistake.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

According to Newsguy support:

"With your NNTP newsreader you would need to flush all the header
information and reload the message lists for your subscribed
newsgroups. The article numbering had changed up and that should get
your newsreader back in sync with the news server. If you had any
questions please let us know."

Once I Followed their instructions life is wonderful again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/28/2015 12:17 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

You just gotta be smarter than the machine, little feller.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway writes:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

I heard they rebased their article numbering. All providers do that
every now and again as required.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/28/2015 3:17 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

I load latest first but sometimes, maybe due to my errant typing, I get
them in order of last first and have to go back and change the view.