Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default What the hell just happened?

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 13:01:17 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:48:57 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 3:18:35 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just downloaded all the new headers in the groups I subscribe to and
there were a **** load of "New" headers that were several years old.
These "New" messages were dated 2009 through today. My filters worked
as they were suppose to, but still there were thousands that were
shown as "New."

I'm guessing it was my news server "Newsguy" that may have had a brain
cramp. Did anyone else have this happen today?

Why do think something is wrong? It *is* 2009.

Isn't it?

I sometimes make the mistake and click the wrong retrieve command
icon. "...waiting for 50,000 headers.

I hate when I do that.

Maybe you do, but not me. I never make a mistake.