Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tried Amazon Echo?

If, so, what do you think of it? Useful or just a toy? Or both? Would you
do it again?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

KenK Wrote in message:
If, so, what do you think of it? Useful or just a toy? Or both? Would you
do it again?

Yes, the shopping list feature is worth it alone
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/08/2015 12:13 PM, KenK wrote:
If, so, what do you think of it? Useful or just a toy? Or both? Would you
do it again?

TIA

Alexa Echo is both a useful tool and a toy.

I was lucky enough to get an early beta Echo and have since purchased a second Echo.
Maybe Team Bezos will develop a POTS phone module for the Echo so Alexa can screen out the telescammers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/8/2015 10:13 AM, KenK wrote:
If, so, what do you think of it? Useful or just a toy? Or both? Would you
do it again?

Conceptually, a great idea (I am doing something similar though more
comprehensive, here). In implementation, though, I would be concerned
that someone *outside* your home now knows everything about what
happens *inside* your home! And, this WITH your full consent!

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 12/8/2015, Don Y supposed :
On 12/8/2015 10:13 AM, KenK wrote:
If, so, what do you think of it? Useful or just a toy? Or both? Would you
do it again?

Conceptually, a great idea (I am doing something similar though more
comprehensive, here). In implementation, though, I would be concerned
that someone *outside* your home now knows everything about what
happens *inside* your home! And, this WITH your full consent!

Good point. Those of us who have trolls attached to our diddies need to
be aware of this before adapting this device to our lives.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/9/2015 8:08 AM, Eagle wrote:
on 12/8/2015, Don Y supposed :
On 12/8/2015 10:13 AM, KenK wrote:
If, so, what do you think of it? Useful or just a toy? Or both? Would
you
do it again?

Conceptually, a great idea (I am doing something similar though more
comprehensive, here). In implementation, though, I would be concerned
that someone *outside* your home now knows everything about what
happens *inside* your home! And, this WITH your full consent!

Good point. Those of us who have trolls attached to our diddies need to
be aware of this before adapting this device to our lives.

I love my filter.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles has brought this to us :
On 12/9/2015 8:08 AM, Eagle wrote:
on 12/8/2015, Don Y supposed :
On 12/8/2015 10:13 AM, KenK wrote:
If, so, what do you think of it? Useful or just a toy? Or both? Would
you
do it again?

Conceptually, a great idea (I am doing something similar though more
comprehensive, here). In implementation, though, I would be concerned
that someone *outside* your home now knows everything about what
happens *inside* your home! And, this WITH your full consent!

Good point. Those of us who have trolls attached to our diddies need to
be aware of this before adapting this device to our lives.

I love my filter.

Mesnews has a fairly good filter, and I have it setup so one poster
doesn't even show on My reader at all. I might try to get a few more I
don't want to see setup that way. :')
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kert wrote in
:

On 12/08/2015 12:13 PM, KenK wrote:
If, so, what do you think of it? Useful or just a toy? Or both? Would
you do it again?

TIA

Alexa Echo is both a useful tool and a toy.

I was lucky enough to get an early beta Echo and have since purchased
a second Echo. Maybe Team Bezos will develop a POTS phone module for
the Echo so Alexa can screen out the telescammers.

Now _that_ I would buy!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/9/2015 10:59 AM, Eagle wrote:
[...]

You can set up filters on a per group basis, too, so if you don't want
to see some threads or people on Group A, but don't care if you see it
on group B. I'm pretty sure you can set them up as entire server
filters, too.

--
Maggie

[OT] Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire etc. News UK diy 29 July 30th 15 10:37 PM
MK Echo polygonum UK diy 11 January 17th 12 09:54 AM
Has anyone had experience with Echo chainsaw ? Paul J. Dudley Home Repair 13 November 10th 11 02:47 PM
Echo Drill Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 1 August 29th 10 03:36 AM
What is Amazon thinking? Yet another Amazon post Mark & Juanita Woodworking 13 December 9th 05 03:52 AM