Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Auto parts from eBay

On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 2:11:32 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
dangerous dan presented the following explanation :

wrote:
On Fri, 04 Dec 2015 00:59:53 -0600, "dangerous dan"
wrote:
A store on eBay has a new starter for my vehicle for $80.00. NAPA auto
parts has one starting at $130.00.

Do you think buying a starter from eBay would be a good starter?

Does anyone have any bad experiences buying auto parts, like a starter
from eBay?

The eBay store is located in the US, although the part is probably made in
China. It will be shipped from the US.

I don't know, but I'm thinking if you gave the url it might help
decide. Of course we might buy it out from under you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331284219233...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

"This part has been inspected by our engineers to insure quality, and
comes with a rock-solid warranty for your peace of mind. We're not
satisfied if you're not satisfied!"

Sounds familiar.

- I gave at the office.
- The check is in the mail.
- I won't ... OK, we'll skip the third one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 2:09:14 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
dangerous dan was thinking very hard :
A store on eBay has a new starter for my vehicle for $80.00. NAPA auto parts
has one starting at $130.00.

Do you think buying a starter from eBay would be a good starter?

Does anyone have any bad experiences buying auto parts, like a starter from
eBay?

The eBay store is located in the US, although the part is probably made in
China. It will be shipped from the US.

Get the EBay starter. If it fails, you can get a refund with the EBay
guarantee, if not the vendor.

There are 2 very important questions that need to be asked before taking
that advice:

1 - When the part fails, which route gets you the replacement part faster
and with the least inconvenience - eBay or Napa?

2 - Which part has a higher chance of failing in the first place?

Sometimes it's worth paying extra for peace of mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 2:09:14 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
dangerous dan was thinking very hard :
A store on eBay has a new starter for my vehicle for $80.00. NAPA auto parts
has one starting at $130.00.

Do you think buying a starter from eBay would be a good starter?

Does anyone have any bad experiences buying auto parts, like a starter from
eBay?

The eBay store is located in the US, although the part is probably made in
China. It will be shipped from the US.

Get the EBay starter. If it fails, you can get a refund with the EBay
guarantee, if not the vendor.

What Ebay guarantee? The only Ebay guarantee I'm aware of is if the seller
doesn't send the part, sends something that is different than described, or
if it's DOA. If it fails 4 months later, I don't think it's EBay's problem,
AFAIK. Also, the labor cost or your personal trouble in replacing a bad
component has to be factored in. Even if the Ebay seller has a warrantee,
are you going to be OK with no vehicle for 10 days while you send it back?
Some vendors may send a replacement immediately, charging you for it, then
credit it back if and when they determine the one you sent back was defective.
If you buy it at a local parts store, all that is pretty much avoided. Not
saying not to buy parts on Ebay, but you have to be careful and look at all
the angles. I recently got a great deal on a brand new Bosch starter, but
I knew what I was getting and willing to take the chance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 11:13:12 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

Ashton Crusher pretended :
On Fri, 04 Dec 2015 04:01:05 -0600, "dangerous dan"

wrote:
A store on eBay has a new starter for my vehicle for $80.00. NAPA auto
parts has one starting at $130.00.

Do you think buying a starter from eBay would be a good starter?

Does anyone have any bad experiences buying auto parts, like a starter
from eBay?

The eBay store is located in the US, although the part is probably made in
China. It will be shipped from the US.

I don't know, but I'm thinking if you gave the url it might help
decide. Of course we might buy it out from under you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331284219233...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You can get it on Rockauto.com for $82 and up depending on brand and
you are dealing with a real company.

You pay for shipping with rock auto....

True but OTOH you aren't betting a "startNcrank" brand starter. The
$82 one was listed as Denso.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 pretended :
[...]

That's called life. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
The check is in the mail
I'll do it tomorrow
I won't c...... 8-o
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 4:18:48 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
DerbyDad03 pretended :
[...]

Both "paying extra for peace of mind" and "Nothing ventured, nothing
gained" are part of life.

The goal is to choose the right strategy at each opportunity. The "right
strategy" can be different for different people, even when looking at the
same opportunity. That's called life.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 was thinking very hard :
[...]

Make a mistake, their fault. Repeat that mistake, your fault.
Thats called a ****up. ^^
Posted to alt.home.repair

I only **** up when my wife is on top.

--
Usenet Reader for Android
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 6:54:58 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
[...]

You obviously aren't getting my point.

Moving on...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Alas, this is the 8th article in this NG that got posted
unintentionally.

I had decided it was in error and wasn't going to post it, at least
not without major changes.

I'm really sorry for the time you spend replying to it. but I don't
know what I can do about that.

Originally I said 7, because there were 7 at the bottom of this list,
but later, looking at the Sent mailbox, I noticed there were 8. The
others were the first post in their respective threads so they sorted
at the bottom, but this was a reply, so it sorted where I didn't see
it.

Note the submission time, 3:32AM EST, same time as the other 7.

On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 03:32:36 -0500, Micky
wrote:

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 07:27:45 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 8:57:57 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 5:53:10 AM UTC-5, SBH wrote:
On 12/4/2015 1:59 AM, dangerous dan wrote:
A store on eBay has a new starter for my vehicle for $80.00. NAPA auto
parts has one starting at $130.00.
Do you think buying a starter from eBay would be a good starter?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
A store on eBay has a new starter for my vehicle for $80.00. NAPA auto
parts has one starting at $130.00.

Do you think buying a starter from eBay would be a good starter?

Does anyone have any bad experiences buying auto parts, like a starter
from eBay?

The eBay store is located in the US, although the part is probably made in
China. It will be shipped from the US.

I don't know, but I'm thinking if you gave the url it might help
decide. Of course we might buy it out from under you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331284219233...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You can get it on Rockauto.com for $82 and up depending on brand and
you are dealing with a real company.

You pay for shipping with rock auto....

True but OTOH you aren't betting a "startNcrank" brand starter. The
$82 one was listed as Denso.

If it's the one on Ebay you're referring to, in the manufacturer's field
on Ebay it says "CranknCharge". At best it has conflicting info as to
what it really is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

dangerous dan wrote on 12/7/2015 :

Eagleno@not now.ever wrote:
[...]

:') Good catch DD...
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

No, I got it, I'm just trying to humorize this. ^^
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I knew it had "crank" in the name. CrankNwank, CrankNspank,
DankNcrank.... I've got nothing against buying on ebay but that
didn't strike me as any great deal compared to just going with a "name
brand" part and supplier.