Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default BSA Tools auto lathe spare parts?? springs and things???

Hi, I am located in eastern Australia and have just discovered the
group and initially would like to contact anyone with knowledge re BSA
Tools Automatic screw machines and especially any leads regarding
spare or replacement parts such as springs and BSF allen headed socket
screws.
I run a component engineering business making hard to source turned
parts in steel, brass, copper and nylon, with a minimum run of 200
units. Sizes can range from 1/16 inch to 1 and 3/8 inch diameter with
rare thread sizes a specialty. I do not handle plating or second
operation work but do make a lot of blank parts that others finish. I
am also seeking Coventry or Landis Dieheads or chasers which I seem to
use up at an alarming rate.
The machines I run were designed to manufacture small arms parts but
are ideally suited for electrical fittings, screws of all types and
inserts for plastic molding, in fact just about everything in our
modern life has parts made on similar machines. I teach toolsetting
and machine maintenance and as an Indentured tradesman with some fifty
years experience you can be certain I may know a little about my trade
by now?.
Oh !, a name ?, yes, Howard Miller is the handle and BSA-OZ is my
business handle.

I look forward to any chat about bits?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 03:53:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

What is the maximum Diameter you can do on the BSA?

A client of mine had 3 of them..finally scrapped them and installed
OmniTurns

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Howard (real addy deleted) wrote:
Hi, I am located in eastern Australia and have just discovered the
group and initially would like to contact anyone with knowledge re BSA
Tools Automatic screw machines and especially any leads regarding
spare or replacement parts such as springs and BSF allen headed socket
screws.

I wish I had some information to give you but unfortunately I
know nothing about bits for BSA Tools Screw Machine or Coventry
or Landis Dieheads. We're an eclectic bunch so hopefully someone
will pipe up with valuable resources.

If you've lurked the group, you will note that it has devolved
largely into a name-calling match between (and among) the U.S.
'Left/Right' political party and a dwindling few sane individuals.

With 'message filters' locking out 135 posters, I find the group
somewhat useful at times.

Howard, welcome to rec.crafts.metalworking.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hi, I am located in eastern Australia and have just discovered the
group and initially would like to contact anyone with knowledge re BSA
Tools Automatic screw machines and especially any leads regarding
spare or replacement parts such as springs and BSF allen headed socket
screws.

Have you tried Mick Moyle in Sydney? He has lots of old cam auto stuff,
and is organised.

Jordan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 22, 6:59*am, Jordan wrote:
Hi, I am located in eastern Australia and have just discovered the
group and initially would like to contact anyone with knowledge re BSA
Tools Automatic screw machines and especially any leads regarding
spare or replacement parts such as springs and BSF allen headed socket
screws.

Have you tried Mick Moyle in Sydney? He has lots of old cam auto stuff,
and is organised.

Jordan

howard I dont know if this will help given you re down under but you
might try talking to the folks at amsco in detroit if nothing else
they might be able to give you some leads on what you re looking for

gas fire spare parts Arthur2 UK diy 4 January 13th 08 07:59 PM
Spare parts for power tools The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 1 September 1st 06 10:33 AM
Spare parts for old Beckman DMM mc Electronics Repair 1 May 10th 06 10:29 AM
Spare parts. The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 11 November 24th 05 12:07 PM
If we go to war with Ch**a where will all the spare parts come from? Rooster Metalworking 20 May 10th 05 02:40 AM