Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thermal cube receptical

I saw this yesterday when searching for something else. Sounds handy
for preventing freezeups by turning on a heating device when the
temperature inside reaches 35 degrees. Could be handy if you go away
during the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/zlelqkd

Never knew they existed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 7:07:49 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I saw this yesterday when searching for something else. Sounds handy
for preventing freezeups by turning on a heating device when the
temperature inside reaches 35 degrees. Could be handy if you go away
during the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/zlelqkd

Never knew they existed.

I have a similar device, different company, don't remember the name,
but it was discussed here a couple weeks ago. Got it at HD. Reading
the reviews for mine online, a lot of people say they suck. They can
work for a couple months, then don't turn on when it gets below freezing.
I'm still using mine, but don't really trust it. Not sure what similar
thing is reliable. Guess I could check up the reviews on this one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 8:13:15 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 7:07:49 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I saw this yesterday when searching for something else. Sounds handy
for preventing freezeups by turning on a heating device when the
temperature inside reaches 35 degrees. Could be handy if you go away
during the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/zlelqkd

Never knew they existed.

I have a similar device, different company, don't remember the name,
but it was discussed here a couple weeks ago. Got it at HD. Reading
the reviews for mine online, a lot of people say they suck. They can
work for a couple months, then don't turn on when it gets below freezing.
I'm still using mine, but don't really trust it. Not sure what similar
thing is reliable. Guess I could check up the reviews on this one.

You could make your own, which might be more reliable than the Termocube
and a lot more controllable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I-iwFLykxs

The STC-1000 controller at Amazon, $17:

http://tinyurl.com/STC1000-Controller

http://www.amazon.com/Lerway-All-Pur...=stc+1000+110v

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2015 5:13 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 7:07:49 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I saw this yesterday when searching for something else. Sounds handy
for preventing freezeups by turning on a heating device when the
temperature inside reaches 35 degrees. Could be handy if you go away
during the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/zlelqkd

Never knew they existed.

I have a similar device, different company, don't remember the name,
but it was discussed here a couple weeks ago. Got it at HD. Reading
the reviews for mine online, a lot of people say they suck. They can
work for a couple months, then don't turn on when it gets below freezing.
I'm still using mine, but don't really trust it. Not sure what similar
thing is reliable. Guess I could check up the reviews on this one.

I picked up one like that at the thrift store. Did some tests in the
freezer and it seems to work as advertised.
10 degrees hysteresis is a lot. I'm using it where a pipe
comes out of the garage floor, so the temperature doesn't
vary all that much.
Installed it yesterday and it clicked on. With 45 degree off temp,
I don't expect it to ever turn off again till spring, even tho
only a small percentage of the time will be below freezing.
In my case, the sensor needs to be on the pipe and adjustable

I did a lot of experimenting with electric heater thermostats.
You can make 'em go that low, but they're very sensitive to the
mechanical variations. Banging on the case causes significant
change in the trip point. Don't trust it.

There's a cheap digital temperature controller:
http://www.buyincoins.com/item/45040.html
Remote sensor and you can set the temperatures either way
for heat or cool with desired hysteresis.
The settings are non-volatile, so it survives a power outage.

I mounted it with a duplex socket into a wall-box. PITA
I plan to stick the probe under the insulation with the heat tape.

They also have a packaged version:
http://www.buyincoins.com/item/15054.html

In hindsight, I should have bought that one. It runs on 120VAC,
so I wouldn't have needed a wall-wart to power it, or
a box to put it in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 18:47:40 -0800, mike wrote:

[...]

This looks like a bomb. I'd be afraid to buy it.

Remote sensor and you can set the temperatures either way
for heat or cool with desired hysteresis.
The settings are non-volatile, so it survives a power outage.

I mounted it with a duplex socket into a wall-box. PITA
I plan to stick the probe under the insulation with the heat tape.

They also have a packaged version:
http://www.buyincoins.com/item/15054.html

This looks like what Derby recommended but cheaper. (I didn't look
into shipping cost.)

Packaged version? So a bomb in a box?

In hindsight, I should have bought that one. It runs on 120VAC,
so I wouldn't have needed a wall-wart to power it, or
a box to put it in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 22:45:35 -0500, Micky
wrote:

Packaged version? So a bomb in a box?

You know, everytime you use that "B" word on the internet, a terrorism
alert is activated at the FBI. They now have you on their suspected
terrorist list!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Packaged version? So a bomb in a box?

You know, everytime you use that "B" word on the internet, a terrorism
alert is activated at the FBI. They now have you on their suspected
terrorist list!

You could always discuss how you plan to assignate the precedent. ( -_・) ︻デ一

[8~{} Uncle Assignation Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Packaged version? So a bomb in a box?

You know, everytime you use that "B" word on the internet, a terrorism
alert is activated at the FBI. They now have you on their suspected
terrorist list!

Wonderful...he makes it look like I recommended one also.

Hide me!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2015 7:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I saw this yesterday when searching for something else. Sounds handy
for preventing freezeups by turning on a heating device when the
temperature inside reaches 35 degrees. Could be handy if you go away
during the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/zlelqkd

Never knew they existed.

Ideally, I use my furnace to heat during the
winter. But some thing like this might be
good if I was away a few days, and the furnace
broke down.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/01/2015 06:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I saw this yesterday when searching for something else. Sounds handy
for preventing freezeups by turning on a heating device when the
temperature inside reaches 35 degrees. Could be handy if you go away
during the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/zlelqkd

Never knew they existed.

I see they have one without the plastic protrusions on top. The ones
that serve no purpose other than to limit your use of the outlets.

--
23 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." The Wise Man Says it to
the World.

Date: Thu Jul 4, 2002 9:05 am
SPAM the Spooks - Talkwire.com
Electronic Freedom at Talkwire.com - info and links for the BEST Talk
Radio Hosts Listen HostsLinksStoreAboutHome

SPAM the Spooks! The FBI, CIA and NSA have an electronic spy system
called "Carnivore" and "Eschelon". This system (computer and software)
monitors all network traffic (Yours!) and analyzes it for key words. If
it finds a suspicious message (e-mail, chat message, etc.), it stores it
for later retrieval for law enforcement. This system ignores the Fourth
Amendment's proscription of unreasonable searches. Americans were
horrified a year ago when it was announced that Russia's law enforcement
required all internet traffic to be forwarded to state computers. Now
our law enforcement is doing it to us. Talkwire believes that the
existence of Carnivore and Eschelon are a threat to personal privacy and
security, despite the empty assurances of the government. Law
enforcement has been given too much latitude in searches and seizures,
and Carnivore is just a step along the way. We must work to reverse this
trend of government's intrusion into our private lives. For more
information visit
www.stopcarnivore.org
In the meantime, you can Spam the Spooks. The list below contains many
of the keywords the Government Spooks search YOUR email and chat for. If
everyone attaches some or all of the keywords below to all of their
emails, Carnivore and Eschelon will be flooded with so much Spam they will
not be able to read it all. Put the Carnivore and Eschelon computers to
work, You paid for them!! .

The List - of Carnivore and Eschelon keywords Explosives, guns,
assassination, conspiracy, primers, detonators, initiators, main charge,
nuclear charges, ambush, sniping, motorcade, IRS, BATF, jtf-6, mjtf,
hrt, srt, hostages, munitions, weapons, TNT, rdx, amfo, hmtd, picric
acid, silver nitrite, mercury fulminate,
presidential motorcade, salt peter, charcoal, sulfur, c4, composition b,
amatol, petn, lead azide, lead styphante, ddnp, tetryl, nitrocellulose,
nitrostarch, mines, grenades, rockets, fuses, delay mechanism, mortars,
rpg7, propellants, incendiaries, incendiary device, thermite, security
forces, intelligence, agencies, hrt, resistance, psyops, infiltration,
assault team, defensive elements, evasion, detection, mission,
communications, the football, platter charge, shaped charges, m118,
claymore, body armor, charges, shrapnel, timers, timing devices,
boobytraps, detcord, pmk 40, silencers, Uzi, HK-MP5, AK-47, FAL, Jatti,
Skorpion MP, teflon bullets, cordite, napalm, law, Stingers, RPK, SOCIMI
821 SMG, STEN, BAR, MP40, HK-G3,FN-MAG, RPD,PzB39, Air Force One, M60,
RPK74, SG530, SG540, Galil arm,
Walther WA2000, HK33KE, Parker-Hale MOD. 82, AKR, Ingram MAC10, M3,
L34A1, Walther MPL, AKS-74, HK-GR6, subsonic rounds, ballistic media,
special forces, JFKSWC, SFOD-D, SRT, Rewson, SAFE, Waihopai, INFOSEC,
ASPIC, Information Security, SAI, Information Warfare, IW, IS, Privacy,
Information Terrorism, Kenya, Terrorism Defensive Information, Defense
Information Warfare, Offensive Information, Offensive Information
Warfare, NAIA, SAPM, ASU, ECHELON
ASTS, National Information Infrastructure, InfoSec, SAO, Reno, Compsec,
JICS, Computer Terrorism, Firewalls, Secure Internet Connections, RSP,
ISS, JDF, Passwords, NAAP, DefCon V, RSO, Hackers, Encryption, ASWS,
Espionage, USDOJ, NSA, CIA, S/Key, SSL, FBI, Secret Service, USSS,
Defcon, Military, White House, Undercover, NCCS, Mayfly, PGP, SALDV,
PEM, resta, RSA, Perl-RSA, MSNBC, bet, AOL, AOL TOS, CIS, CBOT, AIMSX,
STARLAN, 3B2, BITNET, Tanzania, SAMU, COSMOS, DATTA, E911, FCIC, HTCIA,
IACIS, UT/RUS, JANET, ram, JICC, ReMOB, LEETAC, UTU, VNET, BRLO, SADCC,
NSLEP, SACLANTCEN, FALN, 877, NAVELEXSYSSECENGCEN, BZ, CANSLO, CBNRC,
CIDA, JAVA, rsta, Awarehouse, Active X, Compsec 97, RENS, LLC, DERA,
JIC, rip, rb, Wu, RDI, Mavricks, BIOL, Meta-hackers, ^?, SADT, Steve
Case, Tools, RECCEX, Telex, OTAN, monarchist, NMIC, NIOG, IDB, MID/KL,
NADIS, NMI, SEIDM, BNC, CNCIS, STEEPLEBUSH, RG, BSS, DDIS, mixmaster,
BCCI, BRGE, SARL, Military Intelligence, JICA, Scully, recondo, Flame,
Infowar, Bubba, Freeh, Donaldson, Archives, ISADC, CISSP, Sundevil,
jack, Investigation, JOTS, ISACA, NCSA, ASVC, spook words, RRF, 1071,
Bugs Bunny, Verisign, Secure, ASIO, Lebed, ICE, NRO, Lexis-Nexis, NSCT,
SCIF, FLiR, JIC, bce, Lacrosse, Bunker, Flashbangs, HRT, IRA, EODG, DIA,
USCOI, CID, BOP, FINCEN, FLETC, NIJ, ACC, AFSPC, BMDO, site, SASSTIXS,
NAVWAN, NRL, RL, NAVWCWPNS, NSWC, USAFA, AHPCRC, ARPA, SARD, LABLINK,
USACIL, SAPT, USCG, NRC, ~, O, NSA/CSS, CDC, DOE,
SAAM, FMS, HPCC, NTIS, SEL, USCODE, CISE, SIRC, CIM, ISN, DJC, bemd,
SGC, UNCPCJ, CFC, SABENA, DREO, CDA, SADRS, DRA, SHAPE, bird dog,
SACLANT, BECCA, DCJFTF, HALO, SC, TA SAS, Lander, GSM, T Branch, AST,
SAMCOMM, HAHO, FKS, 868, GCHQ, DITSA, SORT, AMEMB, NSG, HIC, EDI,
benelux, SAS, SBS, SAW, UDT, EODC, GOE, DOE, SAMF, GEO, JRB, 3P-HV,
Masuda, Forte, AT, GIGN, Exon Shell, radint, MB, CQB, CONUS, CTU, RCMP,
GRU, SASR, GSG-9, 22nd
SAS, GEOS, EADA, SART, BBE, STEP, Echelon, Dictionary, MD2, MD4, MDA,
diwn, 747, ASIC, 777, RDI, 767, MI5, 737, MI6, 757, Kh-11, EODN, SHS,
^X, Shayet-13, SADMS, Spetznaz, Recce, 707, CIO, NOCS, Halcon, NSS,
Duress, RAID, Uziel, wojo, Psyops, SASCOM, grom, NSIRL, D-11, SERT, VIP,
ARC, S.E.T. Team, NSWG, MP5k, SATKA, DREC, DEVGRP, DF, DSD, FDM, GRU,
LRTS, SIGDEV, NACSI, MEU/SOC,PSAC, PTT, RFI, ZL31, SIGDASYS, TDM, SUKLO,
SUSLO, TELINT, fake, TEXTA, ELF, LF, MF, SIGS, VHF, Recon, peapod,
PA598D28, Spall, dort, 50MZ, 11Emc Choe, SATCOMA, UHF, SHF, ASIO, SASP,
WANK, Colonel, domestic disruption, 5ESS, smuggle, Z-200, 15kg, UVDEVAN,
RFX, nitrate, OIR, Pretoria, M-14, enigma, Bletchley Park, Clandestine,
NSO, nkvd, argus, afsatcom, CQB, NVD, Counter Terrorism Security, SARA,
Rapid Reaction, JSOFC3IP, Corporate
Security, Police, sniper, PPS, ASIS, ASLET, TSCM, Security Consulting,
M-x spook, Z-150T, High Security, Security Evaluation, Electronic
Surveillance, MI-17, ISR, NSAS, Counterterrorism, real, spies, IWO,
eavesdropping, debugging, CCSS, interception, COCOT, NACSI, rhost,
rhosts, ASO, SETA,
Amherst, Broadside, Capricorn, NAVCM, Gamma, Gorizont, Guppy, NSS, rita,
ISSO, submiss, ASDIC, .tc, 2EME REP, FID, 7NL SBS, tekka, captain, 226,
..45, nonac, .li, Ionosphere, Mole, Keyhole, NABS, Kilderkin, Artichoke,
Badger, Emerson, Tzvrif, SDIS, T2S2, STTC, DNR, NADDIS, NFLIS, CFD,
quarter, Cornflower, Daisy, Egret, Iris, JSOTF, Hollyhock, Jasmine,
Juile, Vinnell, B.D.M., Sphinx, Stephanie, Reflection, Spoke, Talent,
Trump, FX, FXR, IMF, POCSAG, rusers, Covert Video, Intiso, r00t, lock
picking, Beyond Hope, LASINT, csystems, .tm, passwd, 2600 Magazine,
JUWTF, Competitor, EO, Chan, Pathfinders, SEAL Team 3, JTF, Nash, ISSAA,
B61-11, Alouette, executive, Event Security, Mace, Cap-Stun, stakeout,
ninja, ASIS, ISA, EOD, Oscor, Merlin, NTT, SL-1, Rolm, TIE, Tie-fighter,
PBX, SLI, NTT, MSCJ, MIT, 69, RIT, Time, MSEE, Cable & Wireless, CSE,
SUW, J2, Embassy, ETA, Fax, finks, Fax encryption, white noise,
Fernspah, MYK, GAFE, forcast, import, rain, tiger, buzzer, N9, pink
noise, CRA, M.P.R.I., top secret, Mossberg, 50BMG, Macintosh Security,
Macintosh Internet Security, OC3, Macintosh Firewalls, Unix Security,
VIP Protection, SIG, sweep, Medco, TRD, TDR, Z, sweeping, SURSAT, 5926,
TELINT, Audiotel, Harvard, 1080H, SWS, Asset, Satellite imagery, force,
NAIAG, Cypherpunks, NARF, 127, Coderpunks, TRW, remailers, replay,
redheads, RX-7, explicit, FLAME, JTF-6, AVN, ISSSP, Anonymous, W, Sex,
chaining, codes, Nuclear, 20, subversives, SLIP, toad, fish, data
havens, unix, c, a, b, d, SUBACS, the, Elvis, quiche, DES, 1*, NATIA,
NATOA, sneakers, UXO, (), OC-12, counterintelligence, Shaldag, sport,
NASA, TWA, DT, gtegsc, owhere, .ch, hope, emc, industrial espionage,
SUPIR, PI, TSCI, spookwords, industrial intelligence, H.N.P., SUAEWICS,
Juiliett Class Submarine, Locks, qrss, loch, 64 Vauxhall Cross, Ingram
Mac-10, wwics, sigvoice, ssa, E.O.D., SEMTEX, penrep, racal, OTP, OSS,
Siemens, RPC, Met, CIA-DST, INI, watchers, keebler, contacts, Blowpipe,
BTM, CCS, GSA, Kilo Class, squib, primacord, RSP, Z7, Becker, Nerd,
fangs, Austin, no|d, Comirex, GPMG, Speakeasy, humint, GEODSS, SORO, M5,
BROMURE, ANC, zone, SBI, DSS, S.A.I.C., Minox, Keyhole, SAR, Rand
Corporation, Starr, Wackenhutt, EO, burhop, Wackendude, mol, Shelton,
2E781, F-22, 2010, JCET, cocaine, Vale, IG, Kosovo, Dake, 36,800,
Hillal, Pesec, Hindawi, GGL, NAICC, CTU, botux, Virii, CCC, ISPE, CCSC,
Scud, SecDef, Magdeyev, VOA, Kosiura, Small Pox, Tajik, +=, Blacklisted
411, TRDL, Internet Underground, BX, XS4ALL, wetsu, muezzin, Retinal
Fetish, WIR, Fetish, FCA, Yobie, forschung, emm, ANZUS, Reprieve,
NZC-332, edition, cards, mania, 701, CTP, CATO, Phon-e, Chicago Posse,
NSDM, l0ck, spook, keywords, QRR, PLA, TDYC, W3, CUD, CdC, Weekly World
News, Zen, World Domination, Dead, GRU, M72750, Salsa, 7, Blowfish,
Gorelick, Glock, Ft. Meade, NSWT, press-release, WISDIM, burned, Indigo,
wire transfer, e-cash, Bubba the Love Sponge, Enforcers, Digicash, zip,
SWAT, Ortega, PPP, NACSE, crypto-anarchy, AT&T, SGI, SUN, MCI, Blacknet,
SM, JCE, Middleman, KLM, Blackbird, NSV, GQ360, X400, Texas, jihad, SDI,
BRIGAND, Uzi, Fort Meade, *&, gchq.gov.uk, supercomputer, bullion, 3,
NTTC, Blackmednet, :, Propaganda, ABC, Satellite phones, IWIS, Planet-1,
ISTA, rs9512c, South Africa, Sergeyev, Montenegro, Toeffler, Rebollo,
sorot, cryptanalysis, nuclear, 52 52 N - 03 03 W, Morgan, Canine, GEBA,
INSCOM, MEMEX, Stanley, FBI, Panama, fissionable, Sears Tower, NORAD,
Delta Force, SEAL, virtual, WASS, WID, Dolch, secure
shell, screws, Black-Ops, O/S, Area51, SABC, basement, ISWG, $ @,
data-haven, NSDD, black-bag, rack, TEMPEST, Goodwin, rebels, ID, MD5,
IDEA, garbage, market, beef, Stego, ISAF, unclassified, Sayeret
Tzanhanim, PARASAR, Gripan, pirg, curly, Taiwan, guest, utopia, NSG,
orthodox, CCSQ, Alica, SHA, Global, gorilla, Bob, UNSCOM, Fukuyama,
Manfurov, Kvashnin, Marx, Abdurahmon, snullen, Pseudonyms, MITM, NARF,
Gray Data, VLSI, mega, Leitrim, Yakima, NSES, Sugar Grove, WAS, Cowboy,
Gist, 8182, Gatt, Platform, 1911, Geraldton, UKUSA, veggie, XM, Parvus,
NAVSVS, 3848, Morwenstow, Consul, Oratory, Pine Gap, Menwith, Mantis,
DSD, BVD, 1984, blow out, BUDS, WQC, Flintlock, PABX, Electron, Chicago
Crust, e95, DDR&E, 3M, KEDO, iButton, R1, erco, Toffler, FAS, RHL, K3,
Visa/BCC, SNT, Ceridian, STE, condor, CipherTAC-2000, Etacs, Shipiro,
ssor, piz, fritz, KY, 32, Edens, Kiwis, Kamumaruha, DODIG, Firefly, HRM,
Albright, Bellcore, rail, csim, NMS, 2c, FIPS140-1, CAVE, E-Bomb, CDMA,
Fortezza, 355ml, ISSC, cybercash, NAWAS, government, NSY, hate,
speedbump, joe, illuminati, BOSS, Kourou, Misawa, Morse, HF, P415,
ladylove, filofax, Gulf, lamma, Unit 5707, Sayeret Mat'Kal, Unit 669,
Sayeret Golani, Lanceros, Summercon, NSADS, president, ISFR, freedom,
ISSO, walburn, Defcon VI, DC6, Larson, P99, HERF pipe-bomb, 2.3 Oz.,
cocaine, $, impact, Roswell, ESN, COS, E.T., credit card, b9, fraud,
ST1, assassinate, virus, ISCS, ISPR, anarchy, rogue, mailbomb, 888,
Chelsea, 1997, Whitewater, MOD, York, plutonium, William Gates, clone,
BATF, SGDN, Nike, WWSV, Atlas, IWWSVCS, Delta, TWA, Kiwi, PGP 2.6.2.,
PGP 5.0i, PGP 5.1, siliconpimp, SASSTIXS, IWG, Lynch, 414, Face, Pixar,
IRIDF, NSRB, eternity server, Skytel, Yukon, Templeton, Johohonbu, LUK,
Cohiba, Soros, Standford, niche, ISEP, ISEC, 51, H&K, USP, ^, sardine,
bank, EUB, USP, PCS, NRO, Red Cell, NSOF, Glock 26, snuffle, Patel,
package, ISI, INR, INS, IRS, GRU, RUOP, GSS, NSP, SRI, Ronco, Armani,
BOSS, Chobetsu, FBIS, BND, SISDE, FSB, BfV, IB, froglegs, JITEM, SADF,
advise, TUSA, LITE, PKK, HoHoCon, SISMI, ISG, FIS, MSW, Spyderco, UOP,
SSCI, NIMA, HAMASMOIS, SVR, SIN, advisors, SAP, Monica, OAU, PFS,
Aladdin, AG, chameleon man, Hutsul, CESID, Bess, rail gun, .375,
Peering, CSC, Tangimoana Beach, Commecen, Vanuatu, Kwajalein, LHI, DRM,
GSGI, DST, MITI, JERTO, SDF, Koancho, Blenheim, Rivera, Kyudanki, varon,
310, 17, 312, NB, CBM, CTP, Sardine, SBIRS, jaws, SGDN, ADIU, DEADBEEF,
IDP, IDF, Halibut, SONANGOL, Flu, &, Loin, PGP 5.53, meta, Faber, SFPD,
EG&G, ISEP, blackjack, Fox, Aum, AIEWS, AMW, RHL, Baranyi, WORM,
MP5K-SD, 1071, WINGS, cdi, VIA, DynCorp, UXO, Ti, WWSP, WID, osco, Mary,
honor, Templar, THAAD, package, CISD, ISG, BIOLWPN, JRA, ISB, ISDS,
chosen, LBSD, van, schloss, secops, DCSS, DPSD, LIF, PRIME, SURVIAC,
telex, SP4, Analyzer, embassy, Golf, B61-7, Maple, Tokyo, ERR, SBU,
Threat, JPL, Tess, SE, EPL, SPINTCOM, ISS-ADP, Merv, Mexico, SUR, SO13,
Rojdykarna, airframe, 510, EuroFed, Avi, shelter, Crypto AG.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 9:10:14 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/1/2015 7:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I saw this yesterday when searching for something else. Sounds handy
for preventing freezeups by turning on a heating device when the
temperature inside reaches 35 degrees. Could be handy if you go away
during the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/zlelqkd

Never knew they existed.

Ideally, I use my furnace to heat during the
winter. But some thing like this might be
good if I was away a few days, and the furnace
broke down.

I'm actually using it on a furnace...

I have a furnace in the attic. The condensate trap has standing
water in it and without a heat tape around it, it has frozen
and busted. Just setting the furnace back over night, during
the day when away, etc is enough to keep it from running long
enough to freeze up there when it's real cold out.

Surround receptical box with foam board sid Home Repair 7 April 16th 09 04:03 PM
CUBE IN A CUBE J T Woodworking 0 August 30th 07 04:36 AM
Outdoor receptical question H Home Repair 1 July 21st 07 04:45 AM
ice macker crushed the cube and dot fall cube Arde Home Repair 1 January 3rd 07 06:36 AM
Does code require a switched receptical if you have switched overheads? Dr.John Home Repair 12 March 8th 06 02:14 PM