Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Thermal cube receptical

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 8:13:15 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 7:07:49 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I saw this yesterday when searching for something else. Sounds handy
for preventing freezeups by turning on a heating device when the
temperature inside reaches 35 degrees. Could be handy if you go away
during the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/zlelqkd

Never knew they existed.

I have a similar device, different company, don't remember the name,
but it was discussed here a couple weeks ago. Got it at HD. Reading
the reviews for mine online, a lot of people say they suck. They can
work for a couple months, then don't turn on when it gets below freezing.
I'm still using mine, but don't really trust it. Not sure what similar
thing is reliable. Guess I could check up the reviews on this one.

You could make your own, which might be more reliable than the Termocube
and a lot more controllable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I-iwFLykxs

The STC-1000 controller at Amazon, $17:

http://tinyurl.com/STC1000-Controller