Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bright flasklight?

On 11/15/2015 9:37 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/15/2015 04:15 PM, Muggles wrote:
Funny! We have this Japanese Chaste tree/bush that grows in our back
yard, and the leaves resemble pot leaves. All summer we see low flying
helicopters from various directions and one time we saw someone filming
the "neighborhood" flying at tree top level. I'd like to see them try
to smoke the leaves of this plant! LOL

Back in the '70s we had a contract to assemble grow lights for GTE
Sylvania. some had cosmetic defects and couldn't be shipped. We weren't
interested in running a factory store so anybody who wanted one could
grab a reject. As you walked through the little Maine town at night most
of the houses had a pale purple glow. Must have driven the cops nuts.

HAHAH! I bet! With that chaste tree looking like pot leaves plus us
building a greenhouse in the back yard, they must have thought we had
something they wanted to see. "Sure officer ... try and smoke of of that
chaste tree. What's a chaste tree?? ummm It's kin to pot... give it a
try!" hahah

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 14:52:47 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

wrote :
What's a FLASKLIGHT ??????

A lighted booze flask?

Thats what I thought

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:
KenK formulated the question :
I have a 3-D-cell LED no-name flaslight and the LEDs are going out and
otherwise screwed up. I can't figure out how to remove the LED assembly
to replace LEDs as required. In light of this can someone suggest a
nice bright flashlight of another type or at least more easily
repaired? Do they still make those 9-volt battery flashlights? I've
not seen one for a long time.

Recommendations of something I can easily find locally?

TIA

Find flashlights that have a single LED. They give more light and are more reliable.

Try this;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-300...AOSw3ydV7av h

Gee that's really bright. That's over six times brighter than my really
bright flashlight. Doing some research, 1000 lumens is about all a T6 can
deliver around 3 amps. How is the flashlight being advertised ? It uses
AAA with optional holder. AAA suck, and I've had those plastic holders
fail, break apart, over time.

I stick with AA mini flashlights, and bigger cells for bigger physical
sized ones. I know The Home Depot has sold some decent larger sized single
LED lamps. Don't know what's current. Flashlight shopping can be TRICKY as
in above link.

500 lumens is really bright. You CAN'T look into the beam. 100-200 lumens
is a good lumens vs battery life rating.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:
wrote :
What's a FLASKLIGHT ??????

A lighted booze flask?

I case you drop it.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

After serious thinking bob_villain wrote :
On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 4:58:01 PM UTC-6, bob_villain wrote:
On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 4:31:54 PM UTC-6,
wrote:
What's a FLASKLIGHT ??????

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...psgpzgzs6a.jpg

Damned Google! ?

lol Seek and you will find!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie expressed precisely :
On 11/15/2015 5:29 PM, wrote:
What's a FLASKLIGHT ??????

C'mon....a light that holds your liquor.

Here
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sl-flask-light

lol I like this group. :')
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote in news:GW_1y.116332
:

On 11/15/2015 12:48 AM, Muggles wrote:

We have a couple of lantern type lights, too, plus various smaller
pocket size flash lights, and a generous supply of batteries for all

of
them. I've even used outdoor dollar lights indoors at night when we

list
power a few times. They make nice subdued lighting to get around the
house if needed.

As I wrote earlier, there are several reasons for
needing a battery power light. You mention two or
three of them. Wish the OP would write what is the
use for his flasklight. Otherwise, we're all just
wandering around in the dark.

Nothing in particular. In the house in a power outage. Outside at night
if I have to do something there. Under the mobile checking on things.
Whatever comes up. Seldom used, but needed when I do.

Obviously, 'flasklight' was a typo.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote in
:

On 11/14/2015 11:30 AM, KenK wrote:
I have a 3-D-cell LED no-name flaslight and the LEDs are going out
and otherwise screwed up. I can't figure out how to remove the LED
assembly to replace LEDs as required. In light of this can someone
suggest a nice bright flashlight of another type or at least more
easily repaired? Do they still make those 9-volt battery flashlights?
I've not seen one for a long time.

Recommendations of something I can easily find locally?

TIA

Flashlights, like so many things, cover a wide range
of needs and features. Please answer a few questions,
and we can do a better job of suggestions.

How much money to spend?

Less than $20

Does the flashlight live in your car, tool box,
in the house, pocket carry, or glovebox?

In the house

Do you need close vision like repairing under the
sink, or distance like racoons in trees?

Close

Will this be a self defense tool?

Hopefully not

How often to use this light? Daily? Only in
rare power cuts?

Once a week?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/15/2015 09:33 PM, rbowman wrote:

[snip]

Another thing to avoid are flashlights that have a lot of little dome
shaped LEDs. They may look cool but they're 15 year old technology.

A have a couple of those. They're very dim. The brighter ones usually
have a single LED.

--
39 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"To be good is noble, but to teach others how to be good is nobler --
and less trouble." -- Mark Twain

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 13:35:11 -0600, hah
wrote:

A lighted booze flask?

Useful when you want to see how full the flask is, without waking anyone up.

Do they have a baby bottle nipple?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bright flashlight?

On 11/14/2015 11:30 AM, KenK wrote:
I have a 3-D-cell LED no-name flaslight and the LEDs are going out and
otherwise screwed up. I can't figure out how to remove the LED assembly to
replace LEDs as required. In light of this can someone suggest a nice
bright flashlight of another type or at least more easily repaired? Do they
still make those 9-volt battery flashlights? I've not seen one for a long
time.

Recommendations of something I can easily find locally?

TIA

I was going to recommend a 'Wel-Bilt' light from Northern Industrial. Nice
and sturdy and does double duty as a weapon -- I have two of them. Sadly
they've discontinued that double-C-cell 3-W model. The do have a bigger
badder type that also uses C cells and which puts out 10W. Downside is that
it costs three times as much as the old one. Item# 38473
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/15/2015 5:29 PM, wrote:
What's a FLASKLIGHT ??????

C'mon....a light that holds your liquor.

Here
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sl-flask-light

lol I like this group. :')

It's like the bar from Star Wars. Cue the music! ^_^ 👽

[8~{} Uncle Alien Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/15/2015 5:29 PM, wrote:
What's a FLASKLIGHT ??????

C'mon....a light that holds your liquor.

Here
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sl-flask-light

lol I like this group. :')

It's like the bar from Star Wars. Cue the music! ^_^ ?

[8~{} Uncle Alien Monster

lol Who's the one with the boogered nose?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I can't believe I waited so long (nearly 60 years) before buying a headlamp.

I have a cheap one, about $12, and used it so much my family bought me a better one.

You'll wonder how you got along without it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/16/2015 1:04 PM, KenK wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote in news:GW_1y.116332
:

On 11/15/2015 12:48 AM, Muggles wrote:

We have a couple of lantern type lights, too, plus various smaller
pocket size flash lights, and a generous supply of batteries for all

of
them. I've even used outdoor dollar lights indoors at night when we

list
power a few times. They make nice subdued lighting to get around the
house if needed.

As I wrote earlier, there are several reasons for
needing a battery power light. You mention two or
three of them. Wish the OP would write what is the
use for his flasklight. Otherwise, we're all just
wandering around in the dark.

Nothing in particular. In the house in a power outage. Outside at night
if I have to do something there.[The Walmart one with ten LED should do fine, for you. About five and a half bucks. A good alkaline battery costs more than the light, but some things are like that.] Under the mobile checking on things.
Whatever comes up. Seldom used, but needed when I do.

Obviously, 'flasklight' was a typo.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Center posted, as your text was.
-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/16/2015 1:07 PM, KenK wrote:
Flashlights, like so many things, cover a wide range
of needs and features. Please answer a few questions,
and we can do a better job of suggestions.

How much money to spend?

Less than $20

Does the flashlight live in your car, tool box,
in the house, pocket carry, or glovebox?

In the house

Do you need close vision like repairing under the
sink, or distance like racoons in trees?

Close

Will this be a self defense tool?

Hopefully not

How often to use this light? Daily? Only in
rare power cuts?

Once a week?

Sounds like a Durabeam or some thing like that
will do fine. Two D cells, and get alkaline
batteries. Not heavy duty batteries. Should be
able to get some thing well under twenty bucks.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 13:26:18 -0800 (PST), TimR
wrote:

I can't believe I waited so long (nearly 60 years) before buying a headlamp.

I have a cheap one, about $12, and used it so much my family bought me a better one.

You'll wonder how you got along without it.

Headlamps were the go to thing for gigging bull frogs in the swamps of
Florida. They had the large 9 V square batteries strapped on your
belt.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/16/2015 4:26 PM, TimR wrote:
I can't believe I waited so long (nearly 60 years) before buying a headlamp.

I have a cheap one, about $12, and used it so much my family bought me a better one.

You'll wonder how you got along without it.

Try changing bifocal lenses while wearing
a headlight. Lot of fun.

Tilt up for near vision.... light goes up
also. Tilt down, light goes down.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/16/2015 5:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/16/2015 4:26 PM, TimR wrote:
I can't believe I waited so long (nearly 60 years) before buying a
headlamp.

I have a cheap one, about $12, and used it so much my family bought me
a better one.

You'll wonder how you got along without it.

Try changing bifocal lenses while wearing
a headlight. Lot of fun.

Tilt up for near vision.... light goes up
also. Tilt down, light goes down.

You could always wear the headlight on your chin.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/15/2015 5:29 PM, wrote:
What's a FLASKLIGHT ??????

C'mon....a light that holds your liquor.

Here
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sl-flask-light

lol I like this group. :')

It's like the bar from Star Wars. Cue the music! ^_^ ?

[8~{} Uncle Alien Monster

lol Who's the one with the boogered nose?

I'm the very handsome monstrous looking one. Among monsters, I'm considered quite attractive. 👾

[8~{} Uncle Pretty Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/16/2015 6:39 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 11/16/2015 5:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Try changing bifocal lenses while wearing
a headlight. Lot of fun.

Tilt up for near vision.... light goes up
also. Tilt down, light goes down.

You could always wear the headlight on your chin.

OK, well, in that case I'd tilt my head up to
look through near vision, and the light would
tilt up.

Tilt down to look through distance vision, and
the light would tilt down.

No improvement noted.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

TimR wrote in
:

I can't believe I waited so long (nearly 60 years) before buying a
headlamp.

I have a cheap one, about $12, and used it so much my family bought me
a better one.

I have one like that. I forgot I had it, I used it when I first got it but
not now for many years.

You'll wonder how you got along without it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster pretended :
On 11/15/2015 5:29 PM, wrote:
What's a FLASKLIGHT ??????

C'mon....a light that holds your liquor.

Here
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sl-flask-light

lol I like this group. :')

It's like the bar from Star Wars. Cue the music! ^_^ ?

[8~{} Uncle Alien Monster

lol Who's the one with the boogered nose?

I'm the very handsome monstrous looking one. Among monsters, I'm considered
quite attractive. ?

[8~{} Uncle Pretty Monster

Uh huh....and who are you comparing yourself to?
I bet you have one eye, one horn, fly around and your skin is purple,
am I wright pretty muster?

The winged one
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/17/2015 11:49 AM, KenK wrote:
TimR wrote in
:

I can't believe I waited so long (nearly 60 years) before buying a
headlamp.

I have a cheap one, about $12, and used it so much my family bought me
a better one.

I have one like that. I forgot I had it, I used it when I first got it but
not now for many years.

You'll wonder how you got along without it.

I have a friend who came to see me Monday night. She lost her car keys
in the Kroger parking lot. Someone we don't know gave her a good small
LED flashlight.

--
37 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Never react emotionally to criticism. Analyze yourself to determine
whether it is justified. If it is, correct yourself. Otherwise, go on
about your business." -- Norman Vincent Peale

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/18/2015 1:42 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I have a friend who came to see me Monday night. She lost her car keys
in the Kroger parking lot. Someone we don't know gave her a good small
LED flashlight.

I did that (well, it was an old filament light)
one haloween. Mom and a boy about 9 came to ask
if we'd seen his eye glasses. Yes, had them
when you were here. And BTW, have a flash light....

Us good people. We are almost every where. Except
the middle East. Flashlight be unto you.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd posted for all of us...

I have a friend who came to see me Monday night. She lost her car keys
in the Kroger parking lot. Someone we don't know gave her a good small
LED flashlight.

Dat's nize

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a friend who came to see me Monday night. She lost her car keys
in the Kroger parking lot. Someone we don't know gave her a good small
LED flashlight.

Could always use your smartphone as an LED flashlight.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/14/2015 11:30 AM, KenK wrote:
I have a 3-D-cell LED no-name flaslight and the LEDs are going out and
otherwise screwed up. I can't figure out how to remove the LED assembly to
replace LEDs as required. In light of this can someone suggest a nice
bright flashlight of another type or at least more easily repaired? Do they
still make those 9-volt battery flashlights? I've not seen one for a long
time.

Recommendations of something I can easily find locally?

TIA

Just got an email from Lowe's about a 'special' on a rugged bright
flashlight for $20, normaly $40. Their description is "Coast 360-Lumen LED
Handheld Battery Flashlight Item #: 425982 | Model #: 20396". At 360
lumens it should be bright enough for almost any purpose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster pretended :
On 11/15/2015 5:29 PM, wrote:
What's a FLASKLIGHT ??????

C'mon....a light that holds your liquor.

Here
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sl-flask-light

lol I like this group. :')

It's like the bar from Star Wars. Cue the music! ^_^ ?

[8~{} Uncle Alien Monster

lol Who's the one with the boogered nose?

I'm the very handsome monstrous looking one. Among monsters, I'm considered
quite attractive. ?

[8~{} Uncle Pretty Monster

Uh huh....and who are you comparing yourself to?
I bet you have one eye, one horn, fly around and your skin is purple,
am I wright pretty muster?

The winged one

I only eat small children because the grownups are too tough and hard to cook. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Purple Monster