Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bale wire jars

On 11/13/2015 9:32 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 11/13/2015 10:24 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 11/13/2015 10:16 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 11/13/2015 8:59 AM, Muggles wrote:

I'll see if I can harvest the white ceramic "cookie" jar image and
use that
for a search!

Well, you might be able to find the right kind of jar and wire closure,
but have to replace the seal with a better one special ordered or
even a
seal created for another purpose. I figure the links might at least be
helpful for you to get close to what you're looking for.

Given how hard it has been to find a suitable *jar*, I think the
prospects of finding a COMPATIBLE (replacement) seal would be even
less likely. Finding a "suitable" jar that is available "in quantity"
at least gives us the hope that we can find a replacement for the
jar (or, buy a "spare").

Good luck on your search. Maybe the target one will work?

We stopped in this afternoon. They had every type of "cookie jar"
on the shelf -- except the one we were interested in! Sales droid
claims that "model" is "on-line only". And, we're not going to buy
something like that sight-unseen... frown

But, trying the Costco cookies + jar as pictured elsewhere this
thread.

Hope it works for you.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-11-13, Don Y wrote:

Invariably, you have to use a fork to fish things out because you
can't effectively navigate their contents with fingers.

You need to learn howto use chopsticks.

How do you think I ate today's lunch? :

The only food I am any good at eating with chop sticks is sushi.

I eat with the tools appropriate for the meal in question.
E.g., oriental dishes I use chopsticks; shrimp I use a
shrimp fork; deep dish pizza a knife and fork; NY-style pizza
my hands; etc. It just doesn't "feel right" using something else.

I'd use a spoon or fork for most everything, but sushi it just seems
right to use chop sticks!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bale wire jars [SOLVED]

On 2015-11-13 10:24 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 11/13/2015 2:22 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Another idea is large olive jars, there are *very* big ones, out
there, my
buddy got them and we could cram an entire sleeping bag into one for
canoe
trips, just in case we tipped, you do not want a wet sleeping bag at
the end of
a long day paddling. Our sleeping bags never smelled like olives even
though
they were plastic jars. I have no idea where he got them.

I don't eat olives but don't imagine they smell like much? Did you
leave the sleepping bag in the jar "between trips"? I.e., for months
at a time? Or, for just a few hours?

I checked with my friend, he got them from a company that imported
olives here in Toronto. These jars were disposed of and the olives were
repacked into smaller containers. The sleeping bags stayed in the jars
only for 6 to 10 hours a day.
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati