Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Anyone going to watch the Blood Moon tonight?

It is going to be cloudy here, but we are going to be on the look out.
You can use a program called Stellarium and do a dry run on your
computer.
http://www.stellarium.org/
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...rmoon_ton.html
Set your local area:
Use the search box to search for "moon"
My time is around 9:00 PM EST. Set the time for your area
Use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the moon a few times.
Accellerate time to watch it happen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 1:42:29 PM UTC-4, Seymore4Head wrote:
It is going to be cloudy here, but we are going to be on the look out.
You can use a program called Stellarium and do a dry run on your
computer.
http://www.stellarium.org/
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...rmoon_ton.html
Set your local area:
Use the search box to search for "moon"
My time is around 9:00 PM EST. Set the time for your area
Use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the moon a few times.
Accellerate time to watch it happen.

I was going to watch it, but it's totally overcast here in the nyc area,
at least right now....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 13:39:32 -0400, Seymore4Head
wrote:

It is going to be cloudy here, but we are going to be on the look out.
You can use a program called Stellarium and do a dry run on your
computer.
http://www.stellarium.org/
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...rmoon_ton.html
Set your local area:
Use the search box to search for "moon"
My time is around 9:00 PM EST. Set the time for your area
Use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the moon a few times.
Accellerate time to watch it happen.

100% overcast everywhere within 100 miles of here.
Oh well. Maybe next time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It is going to be cloudy here, but we are going to be on the look out.
You can use a program called Stellarium and do a dry run on your
computer.
http://www.stellarium.org/
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...rmoon_ton.html
Set your local area:
Use the search box to search for "moon"
My time is around 9:00 PM EST. Set the time for your area
Use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the moon a few times.
Accellerate time to watch it happen.

100% overcast everywhere within 100 miles of here.
Oh well. Maybe next time.

Heavy mackerel sky up here in Central Ontario blocked it out
completely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It is going to be cloudy here, but we are going to be on the look out.
You can use a program called Stellarium and do a dry run on your
computer.
http://www.stellarium.org/
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...rmoon_ton.html
Set your local area:
Use the search box to search for "moon"
My time is around 9:00 PM EST. Set the time for your area
Use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the moon a few times.
Accellerate time to watch it happen.

100% overcast everywhere within 100 miles of here.
Oh well. Maybe next time.

Heavy mackerel sky up here in Central Ontario blocked it out
completely.

Back in the old days, if you were the chief of the tribe, and have
been hyping up this end of times prophecy, you would be in deep do do
right now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It is going to be cloudy here, but we are going to be on the look
out. You can use a program called Stellarium and do a dry run on
your computer.
http://www.stellarium.org/
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...rmoon_ton.html
Set your local area:
Use the search box to search for "moon"
My time is around 9:00 PM EST. Set the time for your area
Use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the moon a few times.
Accellerate time to watch it happen.

100% overcast everywhere within 100 miles of here.
Oh well. Maybe next time.

Heavy mackerel sky up here in Central Ontario blocked it out
completely.

Clear enough here that I got a few snapshots . Right on the verge of not
enough light , took several tries to get those pics . I'll try to get some
shots as it passes out of the shadow , don't know what time that'll be
though .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Just got a few shots at the peak of the eclipse ... I'm not much of a
photographer , but I'll be taking some more pics at it ends , will post some
tomorrow on my photobucket .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Seymore4Head" wrote in message
It is going to be cloudy here, but we are going to be on the look out.
You can use a program called Stellarium and do a dry run on your
computer.
http://www.stellarium.org/

I am going to watch it as soon as the rain quits.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We saw it perfectly clear tonight. It was nice.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

A link
:http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Sna...?sort=3&page=1
The 2 shots that are "bright" are at the last part , with some clouds
blowing thru .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

ohhhhhhhhhh I love those shots with the clouds!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I've got some sunset shots you'd love too ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I got lucky here in NJ too. It was totally cloud covered all day, but
just before the event, it started to break up a bit. Very frustrating
though, in front of me where the moon was it was 95% cloud cover,
behind only about 20%. It would appear for maybe 30 secs, then be gone
for 5 mins. But it got better the closer to full eclipse it got, at
the end it was in clear sky for many minutes. Much better than I expected
from the forecasts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/27/2015 1:39 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:
It is going to be cloudy here, but we are going to be on the look out.
You can use a program called Stellarium and do a dry run on your
computer.
http://www.stellarium.org/
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...rmoon_ton.html
Set your local area:
Use the search box to search for "moon"
My time is around 9:00 PM EST. Set the time for your area
Use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the moon a few times.
Accellerate time to watch it happen.

Few clouds here in DE but saw it very well. Looked like in the
pictures. Lasted longer than expected as it was complete after 10 pm
but still covered when I went to bed at 11:15.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote:
Muggles wrote:

ohhhhhhhhhh I love those shots with the clouds!

I've got some sunset shots you'd love too ...

And here are the sunsets , taken last March .
http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Sna...?sort=3&page=1
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for sharing. I went to a super moon webcam site last night. I
am betting it is much better "live"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/28/2015 8:34 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Muggles wrote:

ohhhhhhhhhh I love those shots with the clouds!

I've got some sunset shots you'd love too ...

And here are the sunsets , taken last March .
http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Sna...?sort=3&page=1

I think I like this one most:
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/a...psaghuckih.jpg

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/27/2015 10:39 AM, Seymore4Head wrote:
It is going to be cloudy here, but we are going to be on the look out.
You can use a program called Stellarium and do a dry run on your
computer.
http://www.stellarium.org/
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...rmoon_ton.html
Set your local area:
Use the search box to search for "moon"
My time is around 9:00 PM EST. Set the time for your area
Use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the moon a few times.
Accellerate time to watch it happen.

All of that stuff is unimportant and reflects a most shallow mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote in
:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...e_supermoon_to
n.html Set your local area:
Use the search box to search for "moon"
My time is around 9:00 PM EST. Set the time for your area
Use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the moon a few times.
Accellerate time to watch it happen.

I was going to watch it, but it's totally overcast here in the nyc
area, at least right now....

I think it was clear enough here but I forgot all about it until this
morning.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/27/2015 08:50 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:

[snip]

100% overcast everywhere within 100 miles of here.
Oh well. Maybe next time.

I wanted to see that, but it was completely cloudy here. There's a total
lunar eclipse in January 2018 that's supposedly visible in SOME of North
America. If not you'll have to wait another year.

--
88 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"We cannot accept the doctrine that war must be forever a part of man's
destiny." -- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote:
Muggles wrote:

ohhhhhhhhhh I love those shots with the clouds!

I've got some sunset shots you'd love too ...

And here are the sunsets , taken last March .
http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Sna...?sort=3&page=1

I think I like this one most:
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/a...psaghuckih.jpg

--
Maggie

That picture is kind of cloudy. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message ...

On 09/27/2015 08:50 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:

I'm going to get drunker than a skunk, so there will be multiple bloody
moons here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote:
Muggles wrote:

ohhhhhhhhhh I love those shots with the clouds!

I've got some sunset shots you'd love too ...

And here are the sunsets , taken last March .
http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Sna...?sort=3&page=1

I think I like this one most:
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/a...psaghuckih.jpg

--
Maggie

That picture is kind of cloudy. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sky Monster

Yup , and every single one of those clouds has a silver iodide lining .

--
Snag

MOON OVER MY HAMMY NEMO Home Repair 3 August 5th 15 05:35 PM
OT Hands up if you you are going to watch Doctor Who tonight ARW UK diy 46 November 25th 13 09:23 AM
Moon Disks Tim Wescott Metalworking 19 November 20th 11 01:15 AM
Watch out watch out theres a bodger about! tarquinlinbin UK diy 3 November 12th 05 07:25 PM
OT - No Moon Landing after all? Barney-Killer Metalworking 25 September 1st 05 11:43 AM