Barney-Killer

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:34:24 -0500, "shu" wrote:

http://www.badastronomy.com/

one of my favorite pages.
and Yes nasa landed on the moon.

******
shu

Interesting web page, shu. Thank you

And yes, I believe the moon landings did happen

BK
Cliff

Default OT - No Moon Landing after all?

http://www.brainsluice.com/miscellan...onlanding.html

Now, where are Shu, John S. & BB?
--
Cliff

vinny

"Cliff" wrote in message
http://www.brainsluice.com/miscellan...onlanding.html

Now, where are Shu, John S. & BB?
--
Cliff

The history channel did a show on the subject and addressed each thing
that web page you just linked to bitched about.
Take a picture of something with the sun bouncing off it with no
atmosphere to filter it at night and you wont see ANYTHING except what the
light is hitting, in this case the unfiltered sun.
Try it, you wont get any stars on your film.
As far as the shade, go outside and look, it doesnt always point directly
away from the light source, especially when its reflecting off white sand.
Just watch the history channel show. They went to the moon.

Cliff

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:47:15 -0400, "vinny"
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.brainsluice.com/miscellan...onlanding.html

Now, where are Shu, John S. & BB?

The history channel did a show on the subject and addressed each thing
that web page you just linked to bitched about.
Take a picture of something with the sun bouncing off it with no
atmosphere to filter it at night and you wont see ANYTHING except what the
light is hitting, in this case the unfiltered sun.
Try it, you wont get any stars on your film.
As far as the shade, go outside and look, it doesnt always point directly
away from the light source, especially when its reflecting off white sand.
Just watch the history channel show. They went to the moon.

"There's a Sucker Born Every Minute" - PT Barnum

BTW, How is that surface machining to circles stuff coming along?
Get a lot smaller program yet?
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:34:24 -0500, "shu" wrote:

"vinny" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Cliff" wrote in message
http://www.brainsluice.com/miscellan...onlanding.html

Now, where are Shu, John S. & BB?
--
Cliff

The history channel did a show on the subject and addressed each thing
that web page you just linked to bitched about.
Take a picture of something with the sun bouncing off it with no
atmosphere to filter it at night and you wont see ANYTHING except what the
light is hitting, in this case the unfiltered sun.
Try it, you wont get any stars on your film.
As far as the shade, go outside and look, it doesnt always point directly
away from the light source, especially when its reflecting off white sand.
Just watch the history channel show. They went to the moon.

http://www.badastronomy.com/

one of my favorite pages.
and Yes nasa landed on the moon.

You'd probably also like the JIR's
"Flashbulb Photography at Niagara Falls".

http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/hp/vo/du/index.html
That was not it G.
--
Cliff
George

Cliff wrote:

http://www.brainsluice.com/miscellan...onlanding.html

Now, where are Shu, John S. & BB?

http://www.sage-tool.com/moon/moontruth.mpeg

Brian

I'm in southern California, and haven't seen any stars in the night sky
since 1990. I bet they're pretty... :-)

Martin H. Eastburn

Seems to me that thousands of hams were bouncing signals off the moon reflector
that was put up for them.

Remember that ?
Universities were hitting it with lasers to prove their pointing ability (I guess).

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

shu wrote:
"vinny" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Cliff" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Martin H. Eastburn

When I lived in Southern Ca - we went camping in the mountains just over the
ridge above - lost the city.. north east of Thousand Oaks...
There were almost to many stars - it was blinding. Having a telescope was
nice, but wow - blast you in the eyes.

We were above the fog, smog, and the hog.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Brian wrote:
I'm in southern California, and haven't seen any stars in the night sky
since 1990. I bet they're pretty... :-)

Stuart Grey

Brian wrote:
I'm in southern California, and haven't seen any stars in the night sky
since 1990. I bet they're pretty... :-)

I'm sorry that you have to live in Southern California. I hope you make
your escape soon. Southern California is no place for a person to be.

John Scheldroup

"Stuart Grey" wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:
I'm in southern California, and haven't seen any stars in the night sky
since 1990. I bet they're pretty... :-)

I'm sorry that you have to live in Southern California. I hope you make your escape soon. Southern California is no place for a
person to be.

Well the skies up here in northern WI are clear on a clear night... awesome,
spectacle when looking straight up at em, certainly puts a grown mans ego
in it's proper place on earth.

While it was 15 years ago that I sat out star gazing one night with a telescope
which my grandparents generously offered as the best ever Christmas present,
age 11-12 (77-78).

I recall one of my star gazing nights in 1990 September if memory recollect,
in the early hours *what appeared* to be a flying saucer thingy showed up,
past right over my head that's no lie, if you were their in the front yard that night
using your naked eye amongst this starlight night and crescent moon shape,
you would clearly make out this thing, call it an object having an unfamiliar shape
for a known aircraft, this dish which glowed from the bottom that allow identification
of the top hub portion as it traveled at a skewed angle within my line of sight.
This luminescent glow that might best be described synchrotron radiation only way
that I can now describe this effect which was directed from the underneath which
picked-up at the top, to make visible this hub portion within several hundred
feet above just slightly distant.

Sleep on it, or go watch the stars whichever come first. It really is a wonderous
universe more so then any sci-fi we could ever dream to imagine . G

John

Dave

Cliff wrote:
http://www.brainsluice.com/miscellan...onlanding.html

Now, where are Shu, John S. & BB?
--
Cliff

I think the final photo presented tells the whole story.

Cliff

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:45:29 -0500, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

a flying saucer thingy showed up

All a CIA plot.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:34:24 -0500, "shu" wrote:

and Yes nasa landed on the moon.

All of it?
--
Cliff

vinnyatwork

"Cliff" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:47:15 -0400, "vinny"
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

uhh...cough...not yet. I can't get near 5 meg, but i only worked on it twice
for not too long, i will continue to try to shrink this monster. I loaded it
into gibbs just to see comparisons to mastercam and gibbs doesnt see the
surface?
Anybody out there got gibbs?

vinnyatwork

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cliff wrote:
http://www.brainsluice.com/miscellan...onlanding.html

Now, where are Shu, John S. & BB?
--
Cliff

I think the final photo presented tells the whole story.

Those bunnies get around better than the travelocity knome.

Cliff

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:28:19 -0400, "vinnyatwork"
wrote:

Those bunnies get around better than the travelocity knome.

As you are a bit new here I'll use it as an excuse for a
repost G.

[
The Roos Fight Back
------------------------------*------------------------------*--------------

This is supposedly a true story from a recent Defence Science Lectures
Series, as related by the head of the Australian DSTO's Land
Operations/Simulation division.

They've been working on some really nifty virtual reality simulators,
the case in point being to incorporate Armed Reconnaissance
Helicopters into exercises (from the data fusion point of view). Most
of the people they employ on this sort of thing are ex- (or future)
computer game programmers.

Anyway, as part of the reality parameters, they include things like
trees and animals. For the Australian simulation they included
kangaroos. In particular, they had to model kangaroo movements and
reactions to helicopters (since hordes of disturbed kangaroos might
well give away a helicopter's position).

Being good programmers, they just stole some code (which was
originally used to model infantry detachments reactions under the same
stimuli), and changed the mapped icon, the speed parameters, etc. The
first time they've gone to demonstrate this to some visiting
Americans, the hotshot pilots have decided to get "down and dirty"
with the virtual kangaroos.

So, they buzz them, and watch them scatter. The visiting Americans nod
appreciatively... then gape as the kangaroos duck around a hill, and
launch about two dozen Stinger missiles at the hapless helicopter.

Programmers look rather embarrassed at forgetting to remove *that*
part of the infantry coding... and Americans leave muttering comments
about not wanting to mess with the Aussie wildlife...

As an addendum, simulator pilots from that point onwards avoided
kangaroos like the plague, just like they were meant to do in the
first place...
]

--
Cliff

I'm sorry that you have to live in Southern California. I hope you make
your escape soon. Southern California is no place for a person to be.

Yeah. We just spent five weeks there, in the heat east of LA. Didn't
see any stars for a long time. We live in western Canada, and when we
get into the Rockies, far from any city, on a moonless night, the sky
is white with stars. Absolutely white. The Milky Way is easily visible;
most people may have heard of it but never seen it.
And the Northern Lights in the fall and winter are stupendous,
too.

Dan

Dan

Stuart Grey

Brian wrote:

I'm in southern California, and haven't seen any stars in the night sky
since 1990. I bet they're pretty... :-)

I'm sorry that you have to live in Southern California. I hope you make your escape soon. Southern California is no place for a
person to be.

Well the skies up here in northern WI are clear on a clear night... awesome,
spectacle when looking straight up at em, certainly puts a grown mans ego
in it's proper place on earth.

No one should have to live where they can't see the stars.

I was in Southern California for Halley's comet. Couldn't see a damn
thing. Glad to leave that place.

While it was 15 years ago that I sat out star gazing one night with a telescope
which my grandparents generously offered as the best ever Christmas present,
age 11-12 (77-78).

I recall one of my star gazing nights in 1990 September if memory recollect,
in the early hours *what appeared* to be a flying saucer thingy showed up,
past right over my head that's no lie, if you were their in the front yard that night
using your naked eye amongst this starlight night and crescent moon shape,
you would clearly make out this thing, call it an object having an unfamiliar shape
for a known aircraft, this dish which glowed from the bottom that allow identification
of the top hub portion as it traveled at a skewed angle within my line of sight.

I heard they were made by Boeing. The guy who told me had to kill me,
tho'. I guess he misunderestimated me. :-)

This luminescent glow that might best be described synchrotron radiation only way
that I can now describe this effect which was directed from the underneath which
picked-up at the top, to make visible this hub portion within several hundred
feet above just slightly distant.

Sleep on it, or go watch the stars whichever come first. It really is a wonderous
universe more so then any sci-fi we could ever dream to imagine . G

Yes. Boeing is working on an anti-gravity device. There was a blurb on
it in the news a few years ago.

John

John Scheldroup

wrote:

a flying saucer thingy showed up

All a CIA plot.

Plausible Deniability

--
Cliff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plausible_deniability

"Plausible deniability involves the creation of power structures and chains
of command loose and informal enough to be denied if necessary. "

http://www.nsa.gov/ufo/index.cfm

11. UFO As Advanced Technology

http://www.nsa.gov/ufo/ufo00011.pdf
[
Comparing the UFO problem to a rattler on a
forest path, the NSA report says,

"you would have to treat the alarm as if it
were a real and immediate threat to your survival.
Investigation would become an intensive emergency
action to isolate the threat and to determine
its precise nature. It would be geared to
developing adequate defense measures in a
minimum amount of time. It would seem a little
more of this survival attitude is called for
in dealing with the UFO problem".
]

John

Kirk Gordon

Cliff wrote:

The Roos Fight Back
------------------------------*------------------------------*--------------

[...]

laughing

Some things just make good stories, whether they're true or not.

KG

Cliff

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:40:59 -0400, Kirk Gordon
wrote:

laughing

Some things just make good stories, whether they're true or not.

I REALLY like that one G.
I post it about once per year.
---
Cliff
Cliff

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:04:17 -0700, Stuart Grey
wrote:

I was in Southern California for Halley's comet. Couldn't see a damn
thing. Glad to leave that place.

They are tossing out the nuts?
Can Gunner be far behind?
--
Cliff
clay

Cliff wrote:
http://www.brainsluice.com/miscellan...onlanding.html

Now, where are Shu, John S. & BB?

the little bunnies were cute, but the cartoon cardboard mockup of the
the lunar lander was hilarious.

ca

Cliff

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 05:05:27 GMT, clay wrote:

Cliff wrote:
http://www.brainsluice.com/miscellan...onlanding.html

Now, where are Shu, John S. & BB?

the little bunnies were cute, but the cartoon cardboard mockup of the
the lunar lander was hilarious.

So were those that missed it all G.
--
Cliff

Landing Light Switch Bodysnatcher UK diy 16 August 3rd 04 11:11 AM
hardwood floor landing DK Home Repair 0 February 9th 04 10:42 PM
Hall and landing - light switching confusion... Allen UK diy 13 December 15th 03 05:32 PM
gas boiler on landing: noise? Niel A. Farrow UK diy 3 November 1st 03 04:07 PM