Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Behr ultra premium plus--

Does anyone here have any experience with Behr Ultra Premium Plus? - with the paint and primer in one? I usually use the cheapest stuff with a rental property, but this time around I thought I would just go with the good stuff in hopes that I will be able to just clean the walls between tenants and not have to paint between tenants (which seems to be every year)- a contractor friend recommended just stop using cheap paint.

So- I started rolling, and I found this stuff goes on THICK-- I was not priming the walls as I cleaned them up and is white on white-- but if I was priming, I would have been using the same amount of paint and primer combined- maybe even a little more- and I noticed that cuts on corners and between wall and ceiling- you can definitely see a difference where the roller went and where the cut it, so I have to touch up with with a brush.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris" wrote in message

Does anyone here have any experience with Behr Ultra Premium Plus? - with
the paint and primer in one?

It's not the good stuff, sonny--it's average and satisfactory inside.
Exterior use doesn't last long since Uncle Son beats the living asswater
outa it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 11:07:52 -0700 (PDT), Chris
wrote:

[...]

No experience with the Behr primer/paint combo. It has been around
for years now so it may have proven itself. I've used Behr paint for
20 years, in my former rental homes, and primary residents -- both
interior and exterior (elastomeric for stucco). Completely happy with
Behr paint. Used it by brush, roller and paint sprayer. Mix it well
with a drill and paddle and use a nylon strainer bag to transfer is to
another bucket. Mix it now and then during application. I'm happy with
it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/12/2015 01:07 PM, Chris wrote:
[...]

My wife wanted to paint some wooden kitchen cabinets and just got some
paint when we were at Home Depot.

It was Behr and she said it did a good job.

I looked at the cabinets and it covered quite well.

Behr Paint Pointer Home Repair 16 November 8th 11 11:33 PM
Behr deck stain [email protected] Home Ownership 3 October 13th 07 04:20 PM
Exterior Paint/ Behr Premium Plus "Ultra" ? Pelorus Home Repair 23 June 8th 07 12:49 AM
Behr stain Rip Off [email protected] Woodworking 2 May 7th 05 05:16 PM
Behr Paint James Repetski Home Repair 21 February 19th 05 04:13 PM