Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Population concentration

On 8/11/2015 3:47 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On 8/11/2015 4:16 PM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 8/11/2015 8:18 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/11/2015 8:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/11/2015 5:12 AM, nobody wrote:
On 08/10/2015 05:20 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

One theory is that the descendants of Cain (who
slew Abel) were darkened, as a curse. The old
family traditions are handed down. Violence, and
crime.

Biblical nonsense like that turns me off religion.

Why don't you go to Iran, and tell them to stop
being so piggish about how religion controls
every thing there?

I think everyone is religious. It's just a matter of what they worship.

Um...I'll disagree with that one.

I worship the porcelain god, when I have drank way too much. :-)
Other than that I have no use for religion.

The word "worship" indicates adoration of a deity. I don't think
there's much chance that such a broad statement is valid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Population worship

On 8/12/2015 8:19 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 8/11/2015 3:47 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:
I think everyone is religious. It's just a matter of what they
worship.

Um...I'll disagree with that one.

I worship the porcelain god, when I have drank way too much. :-)
Other than that I have no use for religion.

The word "worship" indicates adoration of a deity. I don't think
there's much chance that such a broad statement is valid.

We discussed this in Elders Quorem, years ago.
Some people worship alcohol, food, money,
leisure, power, prestige, fancy clothes. Does not
have to be diety to be worshiped.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/2015 10:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/11/2015 8:18 AM, Muggles wrote:
I think everyone is religious. It's just a matter of what they
worship.

We discussed this in Elders Quorem, years ago.
Some people worship alcohol, food, money,
leisure, power, prestige, fancy clothes. Does not
have to be diety to be worshiped.

They often treat their object of worship as if it was a religion, too.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

Well, according to the census... he's correct.
http://www.censusscope.org/us/map_nhblack.html

...in saying, "he's correct" you are accepting all of his biased
statements.

Nonsense. The correlation between the two maps has
nothing to do with anyones bias. Facts are simply facts.

What correlation? The two maps I saw were very different.

Well... let's just get the list then.
1 Detroit, MI 82.7 590,226
2 Jackson, MS 79.4 137,716
3 Miami Gardens, FL 76.3 81,776
4 Orangeburg, SC 75.04 13,964
5 Birmingham, AL 73.4 155,791
6 Baltimore, MD 63.7 395,781
7 Memphis, TN 63.3 409,687
8 New Orleans, LA 60.2 206,871
9 Baton Rouge, LA 58.5 126,250
10 Wilmington, DE 58 41,326
11 Flint, MI 56.6 57,939
12 Savannah, GA 55.4 75,507
13 Augusta, GA 54.7 107,182
14 Shreveport, LA 54.7 109,022
15 Montgomery, AL 54.5 116,524
16 Atlanta, GA 54.0 226,894
17 Cleveland, OH 53.3 211,672
16 Portsmouth, VA 53.3 50,878
17 Harrisburg, PA 52.4 25,957
18 Newark, NJ 52.4 145,085
19 Valdosta, GA 51.1 27,860
20 Washington, D.C. 50.7 305,125
21 Richmond, VA 50.6 103,342
22 Mobile, AL 50.6 98,691
23 St. Louis, MO 49.2 157,160
24 Danville, VA 48.3 43,055
25 Beaumont, TX 47.3 55,931
26 N Charleston, SC 47.2 45,964
27 Jackson, TN 45.7 29,802
28 Columbus, GA 45.5 86,398
29 Cincinnati, OH[3] 45.0 133,157
30 Saginaw, MI 44.9 23,127

Top 83 (and similar lists) here -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...an_populations

Many of the other 'hot spots' on the map the OP linked to
are made up of large hispanic populations. That is to
say mainly the eastern coast as well as TX and CA.
http://www.censusscope.org/us/map_se..._hispanic.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 7:19:31 AM UTC-5, SeaNymph wrote:
[...]

A few weeks ago, I thanked the gods that there was a porcelain god. I had an appointment at the hospital to have a camera shoved up my tailpipe so I was required to consume the holy sacrament,"GoLYTELY" which gave me an irresistible urge to give of myself to the porcelain god until I had no more to give. I was so fortunate to be in close proximity to the porcelain god so I could cleanse my soul of the demons within. I moaned loudly as those demons exited my body and the noises made by the casting out of those demons were heard outside the temple of the porcelain god so that others may rejoice when it was their time to be blessed by the porcelain god His Holiness The Crapper. The porcelain god is revered by those of many faiths who loudly shout the names of their own deities when giving of themselves to the porcelain god. Outside the temple of the porcelain god, soul piercing wails of,"OH GOD, OH JESUS, ALLAH AKBAR" can often be heard when those within rid themselves of those demons inside them. Those demons belonging to that prince of darkness, The Great Feces. So let all rejoice for the existence of the porcelain god, for without The Crapper, there would be no way to flush away those demons and send them down the pipes to that hell of the sewage system. We must always have compassion for those who are unable to prevent the escape of their demons when they're outside the temple of the porcelain god, especially the very young who have yet to learn how to worship the porcelain god and realize the purpose of The Crapper. The very young must often be supervised in the presence of the porcelain god because the young ones don't understand the limitations of His Holiness and often try to flush away items other than their internal demons or those things appropriate for The Crapper to rid the world of. There are many times when a priest from The Order Of The Plumber must be called to wield his holy scepter, The Plunger, when the porcelain god is overwhelmed by too many demons or those things outside his power to control and can no longer perform his duties. Unfortunately, the porcelain god has yet to be embraced by everyone throughout the world and his worshipers can't always carry a temple with them so we must send out missionaries to spread word of The Crapper and teach the heathens of the wonders and benefits of worshiping His Holiness by preaching with great enthusiasm from The Book Of Poop. à²*€¿à²*

[8~{} Uncle Holy Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2015 6:01 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I printed this one out so the husband could take it to work and read it
on his lunch hour. It's pretty funny!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 1:14:05 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

I thought someone might get a kick out of it. I had been awake for a while this morning and I was inspired. à²*€¿à²*

[8~{} Uncle Inspired Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2015 1:54 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I love a good sense of humor.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 19:46:04 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

A map showing that a bit over half the U.S. population lives in
the 144 largest counties. The rest of us live in 2,998 counties.
http://alturl.com/5bmok (American Enterprise Institute)

99.8% of the world population lives on planet Earth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

A map showing that a bit over half the U.S. population lives in
the 144 largest counties. The rest of us live in 2,998 counties.
http://alturl.com/5bmok (American Enterprise Institute)

99.8% of the world population lives on planet Earth.

...... with the small remainder in Washington, DC?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 3:36:08 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/13/2015 4:22 PM, wrote:

99.8% of the world population lives on planet Earth.

..... with the small remainder in Washington, DC?

....and here I thought the .2% was Southern Californication? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 2:20:09 PM UTC-4, 83LowRider wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

[...]

Top 83 (and similar lists) here -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_large_African-American_populations

That doesn't show that the vast majority of blacks
live in the 144 largest counties. The map you, yourself provided,
clearly doesn't show a positive correlation. In fact, it
looks like a a negative correlation. The map of the 144 largest
counties is empty in the wide belt from east Texas up to Washington DC.
The black census map that you provided shows that wide belt as the HIGHEST
percentage of blacks in the whole country. How you get a positive
correlation out of that IDK. And your new list doesn't show it either.
It's not ranked by numbers of blacks, it's a list of
"Select cities with a large *percentage* of Black or African American people". And even in that list cities with a high percentage of blacks are Orangeburg SC, Birmingham AL, New Orleans, Jackson MS, Baton Rouge, and Wilmington DE.
Those aren't on the list of the largest 141 counties. Given that broad
belt from East TX all the way to Washington DC, I find it hard to
believe that the vast majority of blacks live in those 141 largest
counties. But, my main point was that the map you claimed shows a
correlation, actually suggests the opposite, if anything.

Many of the other 'hot spots' on the map the OP linked to

are made up of large hispanic populations. That is to
say mainly the eastern coast as well as TX and CA.
http://www.censusscope.org/us/map_se..._hispanic.html

Hispanics blacks
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

A map showing that a bit over half the U.S. population lives in
the 144 largest counties. The rest of us live in 2,998 counties.
http://alturl.com/5bmok (American Enterprise Institute)

99.8% of the world population lives on planet Earth.

I know a number of interplanetary immigrants and there are quite a few illegal aliens in my city. (—€¿—‘)

[8~{} Uncle Alien Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2015 2:54 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 1:14:05 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/13/2015 6:01 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 7:19:31 AM UTC-5, SeaNymph wrote:
On 8/11/2015 3:47 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On 8/11/2015 4:16 PM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 8/11/2015 8:18 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/11/2015 8:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/11/2015 5:12 AM, nobody wrote:
On 08/10/2015 05:20 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I thought someone might get a kick out of it. I had been awake for a while this morning and I was inspired. à²*€¿à²*

[8~{} Uncle Inspired Monster

Is ther some way to delete excess text on a
Chromebook?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 8:23:52 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/13/2015 2:54 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 1:14:05 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/13/2015 6:01 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 7:19:31 AM UTC-5, SeaNymph wrote:
On 8/11/2015 3:47 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On 8/11/2015 4:16 PM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 8/11/2015 8:18 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/11/2015 8:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/11/2015 5:12 AM, nobody wrote:
On 08/10/2015 05:20 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I thought someone might get a kick out of it. I had been awake for a while this morning and I was inspired. à²*€¿à²*

[8~{} Uncle Inspired Monster

Is ther some way to delete excess text on a
Chromebook?
--
.

Oh, you want me to trim da phat? à²*Œ£à²*

[8~{} Uncle Phat Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

I laid the maps side by side and whipped out my
trusty MS Paint green pen... for the simple-minded.

http://tinypic.com/r/2pt9fdu/8

HTH.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 9:03:43 AM UTC-5, 83LowRider wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

I laid the maps side by side and whipped out my
trusty MS Paint green pen... for the simple-minded.

http://tinypic.com/r/2pt9fdu/8

HTH.

I think you proved it...they *DON'T* correspond! Thanks! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 10:03:43 AM UTC-4, 83LowRider wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

I laid the maps side by side and whipped out my
trusty MS Paint green pen... for the simple-minded.

http://tinypic.com/r/2pt9fdu/8

HTH.

And again, how does that show this:

"the vast majority of the black population resides in those 144 largest
counties. "?

There is a huge, wide dark red and purple belt from East Texas all
the way up to the Washington DC/MD area on the map you provided.
That's the area with the counties that have the highest percentage
of blacks. That same area has just a few hits on the map with the
144 largest counties. So, obviously there are a lot of blacks
in the USA in that red/purple area that are not in the 144 largest
counties. They are in smaller counties, spread over a huge geographic
area. How many there are there in absolute numbers, IDK, but neither
do you. With that wide swatch across a large geographic area,
it clearly doesn't prove the claim. All it shows is that
the 144 counties correlate with having a higher concentration of
blacks. That doesn't equate with the
vast majority of the USA black population residing in those 144 counties.
There is a big difference. You haven't even shown that it's a majority
at all. It may be, but nothing here proves it so far. I'll leave it
for others to judge who's simple minded.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:50:31 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

We'll see if he finds any evidence. I doubt it. I only asked for proof
to shut him up.

He tickles me. He can fix an office copy machine but knows nothing
about Corrections or prison operations. Did his mother allow him to
play with sticks? Not once has he given me a requested citation for
what he clams.

He never lets substantiated facts in the way of his quotes.

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

[...]

When did you become a Rev Jackson spokesidiot?

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

And again, how does that show this:

"the vast majority of the black population resides in those 144
largest counties. "?

Let me correct myself -- and state in MY words --

Those huge majority of those 144 largest counties
are made up of the highest concentration of blacks.

Does that make it all better for you? That is what I took
the OP as meaning as opposed to the literal majority number of
blacks. Does that make you feel better? You can now pat
yourself on the back and tell all your friends what great work
you did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 2:31:23 PM UTC-4, 83LowRider wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

And again, how does that show this:

"the vast majority of the black population resides in those 144
largest counties. "?

Let me correct myself -- and state in MY words --

Those huge majority of those 144 largest counties
are made up of the highest concentration of blacks.

Does that make it all better for you?

I guess that depends on what you mean by "the highest concentration"
of blacks. If you mean by percentage of population, then the
map you provided shows that isn't true, because the highest percentage
concentration is through that wide belt from East TX, up through MD.
If you mean that in those 144 largest counties you will find the
largest absolute numbers of blacks, then yes, because that was never in question.

That is what I took
the OP as meaning as opposed to the literal majority number of
blacks.

That may be what you took it to mean, but it's clearly not what
was stated:

"if you were to overlay a map
of the black population over your map you would find that the vast
majority of the black population resides in those 144 largest
counties. "

That statement would imply that perhaps two thirds or 75%+ of all blacks
in the USA live in those 144 counties. And note, IDK if that's true
or not, only that the map you provided doesn't prove it.

Does that make you feel better? You can now pat
yourself on the back and tell all your friends what great work
you did.

Well, the facts do matter.