Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Termination

I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing themselves,
but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool doesn't
realize that he is a fool.

Posted to alt.home.repair,aus.religion.christian,uk.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.sheds

"No name" wrote in message

I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing themselves,
but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool doesn't
realize that he is a fool.

Miss Recktum? The asshat above claims to have no name, when in fact he has
no balls.
Discuss this balless wonder.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/2015 12:25 PM, No name wrote:
I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing themselves,
but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool doesn't
realize that he is a fool.

I can3er wreoaply to yaour foarie a eroear days tiatll
my mashereierd fingers leharl. Ketper nitting my
firnerse r with a hearmm3er.

lrieasnrke therj pusenrmp says, be weselll.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

No name writes:

I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing
themselves, but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool
doesn't realize that he is a fool.

My kill file for this group grows and grows.
It seems like such a good idea, homeowners sharing their
experience fixing things.

A few minutes here shows exactly why we can't have nice things.

Can't blame you one bit.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Termination; hasta la vista, news group

On 8/3/2015 2:27 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
My kill file for this group grows and grows.
It seems like such a good idea, homeowners sharing their
experience fixing things.

A few minutes here shows exactly why we can't have nice things.

Can't blame you one bit.

It's true we do have spammers, and trolls.
We also have some folks who provide good help.
Maggie got her toilet de-limed, and I got my
customer's garage door weather stripping done.
All, in large part, due to very kind people.

Overall, I do find value in reading this list.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 12:25:40 -0400, No name wrote:

I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing themselves,
but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool doesn't
realize that he is a fool.

....somebody please bring me a tissue, tears are falling down my face.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 14:27:51 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

My kill file for this group grows and grows.
It seems like such a good idea, homeowners sharing their
experience fixing things.

A few minutes here shows exactly why we can't have nice things.

Can't blame you one bit.

Why don't you join the movement to leave? You've never offered advice
on DIY as far as I know. All you seem to do is bitch, moan, groan and
complain while gnashing your teeth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/03/2015 01:33 PM, Oren wrote:

...somebody please bring me a tissue, tears are falling down my face.

yeah, I would have replied sooner but I was crying too much.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 1:33:22 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
[...]

It *is* sad when nice people leave...like the good die young, and you will live forever! ( ͡° _ʖ ͡°)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 11:25:53 AM UTC-5, No name wrote:
I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing themselves,
but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool doesn't
realize that he is a fool.

Don't let the closing connection hit you in the ass on the way out. You can take the other whiners, bitchers and complainers with you too. Perhaps you'd also like to join the "Hug A Lion Tour". The group's going to lose a lot of posters there too. Whoopee! \ (€¢—¡€¢) /

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 1:27:56 PM UTC-5, net cop wrote:
No name writes:

[...]

I've advised those of your ilk to simply killfile everyone. That way you may never see anything you don't like or approve of. Of course, you can simply unsubscribe to the newsgroup and your life will be all butterflies and roses for ever. Whoopee! \ (€¢—¡€¢) /

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

No name wrote:
[...]

Maybe you should have contributed more and bitched less.
Personally, I don't see many questions that go unanswered,
so I really don't know what you're talking about.
As far as the noise ratio, it's like hanging out at the
hardware store. When there's nothing to do or answer, we
shoot the ****. But you will never see this because you've
left the building and thats your loss, because there is
still lots of good info here and not dying anytime soon
Bub bye

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My kill file for this group grows and grows.
It seems like such a good idea, homeowners sharing their
experience fixing things.

A few minutes here shows exactly why we can't have nice things.

Can't blame you one bit.

Why don't you join the movement to leave? You've never offered advice
on DIY as far as I know. All you seem to do is bitch, moan, groan and
complain while gnashing your teeth.

Crap, you beat me to the punch. If this group is so distasteful to him
maybe it's him and not the group.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My kill file for this group grows and grows.
It seems like such a good idea, homeowners sharing their
experience fixing things.

A few minutes here shows exactly why we can't have nice things.

Can't blame you one bit.

Why don't you join the movement to leave? You've never offered advice
on DIY as far as I know. All you seem to do is bitch, moan, groan and
complain while gnashing your teeth.

Crap, you beat me to the punch. If this group is so distasteful to him
maybe it's him and not the group.

Ah sucks. When he finds the perfect group, he should not subscribe,
as the group will no longer be perfect. I bet his turds are not
tapered on the end and his ass slams shut?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My kill file for this group grows and grows.
It seems like such a good idea, homeowners sharing their
experience fixing things.

A few minutes here shows exactly why we can't have nice things.

Can't blame you one bit.

Why don't you join the movement to leave? You've never offered advice
on DIY as far as I know. All you seem to do is bitch, moan, groan and
complain while gnashing your teeth.

Crap, you beat me to the punch. If this group is so distasteful to him
maybe it's him and not the group.

Ah sucks. When he finds the perfect group, he should not subscribe,
as the group will no longer be perfect. I bet his turds are not
tapered on the end and his ass slams shut?

Did you see that happen much in the prison system? (¬€¿Â¬)

[8~{} Uncle Ass Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My kill file for this group grows and grows.
It seems like such a good idea, homeowners sharing their
experience fixing things.

A few minutes here shows exactly why we can't have nice things.

Can't blame you one bit.

Why don't you join the movement to leave? You've never offered advice
on DIY as far as I know. All you seem to do is bitch, moan, groan and
complain while gnashing your teeth.

Crap, you beat me to the punch. If this group is so distasteful to him
maybe it's him and not the group.

Ah sucks. When he finds the perfect group, he should not subscribe,
as the group will no longer be perfect. I bet his turds are not
tapered on the end and his ass slams shut?

Did you see that happen much in the prison system? (¬?¬)

[8~{} Uncle Ass Monster

The crooks would complain, as if it was my fault they were in prison.
I had the answer. "I didn't put you in prison, the jury and the judge
did. Go complain to then. Now mop the floor. Get out of my face."
--
Sometimes you just have a bad day at the dungeon
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
No name typed:
I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing
themselves, but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool
doesn't realize that he is a fool.

It's true that, more and more, when I open the group mostly all that I see
are serial repetitive moronic posts by one or two posters. Then, buried in
there somewhere are the valid questions and helpful replies.

A while back, I tried to get info on newsreaders that would let me do some
kind of killfile system to just filter them out. But, I never was able to
find such a newsreader or, for the ones that I did find, I honestly couldn't
figure out how to set them up and use them.

Right now, I am using Outlook Express as a newsreader and I just now tried
setting message filter rules to filter out the one or two complete morons.
I'll have to see how that works.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/2015 2:33 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 12:25:40 -0400, No name wrote:

appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing themselves,
but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool doesn't
realize that he is a fool.

...somebody please bring me a tissue, tears are falling down my face.

http://www.regaltowelcollection.com/...el-900x900.jpg

Insert witty saying which means naught.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
bob_villa belched:
[...]

And just *how* do you know he was a nice person? I've read this group for
years, too and don't recognize his name, so just how do you know?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
TomR typed:
In ,
No name typed:
[...]

P.S. to the OP, No Name:

What newsreader are you using? Have you tried or considered doing a filter
or killfile approach with it to block out the main village idiot(s)?

I am trying that now and will see what happens.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TomR" wrote in message ...

Right now, I am using Outlook Express as a newsreader and I just now tried
setting message filter rules to filter out the one or two complete morons.
I'll have to see how that works.

Be careful there, Tommy, or you might delete yerself, arsehole.
LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ChairMan" picked his nose and wrote in message
news
And just *how* do you know he was a nice person? I've read this group for
years, too and don't recognize his name, so just how do you know?

He just DOES!
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 4:24:41 PM UTC-5, ChairMan wrote:
In ,
bob_villa belched:
[...]

Are you sarcasm impaired? ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

[8~{} Uncle Smarty Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:33:42 -0400, "TomR" wrote:

P.S. to the OP, No Name:

What newsreader are you using? Have you tried or considered doing a filter
or killfile approach with it to block out the main village idiot(s)?

I am trying that now and will see what happens.

Um. Does your reader allow you to click an Icon that ignores the
entire thread. I can ignore a thread and never kill file liberals.
When ignored it never shows up again. "No Name" has abanonded the
group, let him go. I think he farted in his space suit.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.home.repair,alt.messianic

On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 10:07:17 -0700, "Colon Edmud Jackass Burchese of
Ladyboise, Idaho" wrote:

"No name" wrote in message

[...]

Is he a turd or a vulgarian, Coloon? Or BOTH? LOLOK

And which greeking group is he referring to???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:33:42 -0400, "TomR" wrote:

Right now, I am using Outlook Express as a newsreader and I just now
tried setting message filter rules to filter out the one or two
complete morons. I'll have to see how that works.

P.S. to the OP, No Name:

What newsreader are you using? Have you tried or considered doing a filter
or killfile approach with it to block out the main village idiot(s)?

I am trying that now and will see what happens.

Let me know how that works. :-|
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Uncle Monster belched:
[...]

Are you sarcasm impaired? ( ?? ?? ?? )

[8~{} Uncle Smarty Monster

evidently : ) didn't think bob had it in him....go figure

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 12:25:40 -0400, No name wrote:

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

The phrase "Moving on" is what I have to question. What are you moving
on to? Let me guess, "Facebook".

I agree there is a lot of trash on this newsgroup, and I have set a lot
of filters. But if you think alt.home.repair is full of rubbish, just
wait till you get on Facebook. From my very brief encounter with FB,
(which lasted about 3 weeks before I deleted the account), I found 99%
of the stuff on FB to be complete rubbish.

As far as I'm concerned, the newsgroups are the only thing left on the
internet which have any value. About the only other thing I still do
online is send/receive private email. Otherwise the internet is just
useless crap, especially the WWW.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My kill file for this group grows and grows.
It seems like such a good idea, homeowners sharing their
experience fixing things.

A few minutes here shows exactly why we can't have nice things.

Can't blame you one bit.

Why don't you join the movement to leave? You've never offered advice
on DIY as far as I know. All you seem to do is bitch, moan, groan and
complain while gnashing your teeth.

He's right, Daniel. Yer a real drag, baby. 0_o

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 16:18:27 -0500, TomR wrote:

A while back, I tried to get info on newsreaders that would let me do
some
kind of killfile system to just filter them out. But, I never was able
find such a newsreader or, for the ones that I did find, I honestly
couldn't
figure out how to set them up and use them.

Right now, I am using Outlook Express as a newsreader and I just now
tried
setting message filter rules to filter out the one or two complete
morons.
I'll have to see how that works.

Thunderbird might suit you. SeaMonkey also has a newsreader function.
Both free and from Mozilla.

Posted to alt.home.repair

writes:

[...]

Wikipedia - endless education

Google News (or some other aggregator) - just to know what's going on.

Slashdot - sometimes interesting tech stuff

Fark - fun stories

YouTube is great for instruction.
Finally getting my flip turn (swimming) to look half way decent.

All kinds of shopping.

Usenet - discussion (or just plain disgust with the human condition)

--
Dan Espen

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/15 12:25 PM, No name wrote:
I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing themselves,
but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool doesn't
realize that he is a fool.

Thank you for taking the time to review my posts and offer valuable
criticism.

Thank you for showing the sensitivity not to embarrass me by naming me.
I know who you mean, and that's what counts.

Thank you for letting me know why I'm being terminated. Usually, when I
find that I'm no longer allowed to post to a group, I'm left to wonder
who terminated me and why.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/15 12:25 PM, No name wrote:
I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing themselves,
but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool doesn't
realize that he is a fool.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...iles-for-free/

I've used FTP years ago, when size restrictions on email were tight.

Nowadays, people use cloud services like Google Drive. OS X comes with 5
GB of cloud availability, but I've never looked into it because I
haven't had anything big to send.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/15 10:28 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/3/15 12:25 PM, No name wrote:
[...]

Wrong thread! What a fool! Now I'll be terminated for sure!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 12:25:40 -0400, No name wrote:

I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or

It's not the newsgroup, it's YOUR LIFE that will be terminated.

In 5 minutes your life will be terminated, and snuffed out forever.
It will begin when you cant breathe and your brain matter will begin to
drain out of your ears......... Then there will be a bright flash of
light when your power transformer blows up........ The scope will just
show a straight line with no spikes or valleys. The audio from your
television will become nothing but an endless hum......

It's kind of like getting really drunk or stoned, But far more
permanent!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 11:25:53 AM UTC-5, No name wrote:
I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing themselves,
but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool doesn't
realize that he is a fool.

I disagree.

As long as there is some useful info, it is well worth sticking with this group.

Andy