Posted to alt.home.repair
No name No name is offline

Default Termination

I've followed this newsgroup for many years; picked up a lot of useful
information, and on occasion given some.

But the newsgroup has deteriorated, and now rarely contains useful
information but is flooded with half-witticisms, usually posted by
people who couldn't even drive a nail. I don't have the time or
inclination to follow the group anymore, so I am moving on.

When usenet became popular, many predicted that the vulgarians would
destroy it; others felt that the vulgarians would be driven out by
posters with useful information, who were not afraid to call a turd a
turd. They felt that objectionable posters would find a more
appropriate forum, realizing that they were only embarassing themselves,
but that has not proven the case here; apparently a fool doesn't
realize that he is a fool.