Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 50 microns enough? gold plated contacts.

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 29 Jul 2015 22:51:19 -0400, micky
wrote:

But one modular jack has black spring wire,
and modular plug has one black contact.

Finallly dawns on me: Look in the NID, the network interface device.

It's a SNI®-4600 probably by Keptel.

A = 2 Screw, 2 Wire, RJ-11 interface

Need gold connections.

No, I don't.

I looked in the NID and I saw there was room for the surface mount jack,
out of the weather (but still with humidity).

But I'd already remembered. THERE ARE SCREWS, 2 of them, red and green.

That's all I need, No shopping, no money.

See red and green screws in pictu
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keptel-SNI-4...item5678e13aeb

Still raining today but I'll fix it when it's clear out.

I should have done this in the first place, but I was only used to
plugging in the telephone to test the line.

Thanks everyone for your help.