Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 50 microns enough? gold plated contacts.

On 7/30/2015 8:41 AM, J Burns wrote:

where can this liquid gold stuff be purchased.? ihave a machine that
i service it would be useful.

http://www.scottsliquidgold.com/scotts-liquid-gold/

I'm glad Tony recommended it. It's a lot cheaper than DeoxIT.

Nice if you have wood constructed machine.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/30/15 11:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/30/2015 8:41 AM, J Burns wrote:

where can this liquid gold stuff be purchased.? ihave a machine that
i service it would be useful.

http://www.scottsliquidgold.com/scotts-liquid-gold/

I'm glad Tony recommended it. It's a lot cheaper than DeoxIT.

Nice if you have wood constructed machine.

Thanks for not calling me a dadblamed troll.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/31/2015 1:44 AM, J Burns wrote:
On 7/30/15 11:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/30/2015 8:41 AM, J Burns wrote:

where can this liquid gold stuff be purchased.? ihave a machine that
i service it would be useful.

http://www.scottsliquidgold.com/scotts-liquid-gold/

I'm glad Tony recommended it. It's a lot cheaper than DeoxIT.

Nice if you have wood constructed machine.

Thanks for not calling me a dadblamed troll.

Naah, I've been known to earn a reply, now and
again. However, I did find the picture your
family posted of you.

https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/...564ba70bdded82

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/31/15 8:47 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/31/2015 1:44 AM, J Burns wrote:
On 7/30/15 11:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/30/2015 8:41 AM, J Burns wrote:

where can this liquid gold stuff be purchased.? ihave a machine that
i service it would be useful.

http://www.scottsliquidgold.com/scotts-liquid-gold/

I'm glad Tony recommended it. It's a lot cheaper than DeoxIT.

Nice if you have wood constructed machine.

Thanks for not calling me a dadblamed troll.

Naah, I've been known to earn a reply, now and
again. However, I did find the picture your
family posted of you.

https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/...564ba70bdded82

I'd like to find out who posted that without my permission. Here's my
authorized photo.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iur/?f=1&image_host=http%3A%2F%2Ftroll.me%2Fimages%2Fm y-mom-says-im-handsome%2Fmommy-says-im-handsome-i-dont-blame-her.jpg&u=http://www.troll.me/images/my-mom-says-im-handsome/mommy-says-im-handsome-i-dont-blame-her.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 3:29:43 PM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:
[...]

U R A REEL CUTEY! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Goofy Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 8:47:34 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/31/2015 1:44 AM, J Burns wrote:
On 7/30/15 11:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/30/2015 8:41 AM, J Burns wrote:

where can this liquid gold stuff be purchased.? ihave a machine that
i service it would be useful.

http://www.scottsliquidgold.com/scotts-liquid-gold/

I'm glad Tony recommended it. It's a lot cheaper than DeoxIT.

Nice if you have wood constructed machine.

Thanks for not calling me a dadblamed troll.

Naah, I've been known to earn a reply, now and
again. However, I did find the picture your
family posted of you.

https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/...564ba70bdded82

--
.
Christopher A. Young

i am looking for the liqid that somehow replates gold contacts in things like remotes.

the gbc ultima 65 has a membrame switch like inside a remote. where the contacts get dirty and the machine quits working.

this stuff used to be common till gold became so expensive
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/31/15 10:34 PM, bob haller wrote:
i am looking for the liqid that somehow replates gold contacts in
things like remotes.

the gbc ultima 65 has a membrame switch like inside a remote. where
the contacts get dirty and the machine quits working.

this stuff used to be common till gold became so expensive

http://www.sciplus.com/p/KEYPAD-FIX_45985

(I used to fix them with foil and rubber cement.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/31/2015 10:34 PM, bob haller wrote:
i am looking for the liqid that somehow replates gold contacts in things like remotes.

the gbc ultima 65 has a membrame switch like inside a remote. where the contacts get dirty and the machine quits working.

this stuff used to be common till gold became so expensive

I've not known there was such a product. Gold isn't very
chemically reactive, so I kind of question if any consumer
product really replated gold contacts.

Be interesting to learn if there is such a product.
One friend of mine repairs broadcast radios, and he'd
sure have a use for it.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 6:24:49 AM UTC-4, J Burns wrote:
On 7/31/15 10:34 PM, bob haller wrote:
i am looking for the liqid that somehow replates gold contacts in
things like remotes.

the gbc ultima 65 has a membrame switch like inside a remote. where
the contacts get dirty and the machine quits working.

this stuff used to be common till gold became so expensive

http://www.sciplus.com/p/KEYPAD-FIX_45985

(I used to fix them with foil and rubber cement.)

hey thanks! if this works it will save me 100s if not a thousand a year
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:34:21 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

i am looking for the liqid that somehow replates gold contacts in things like remotes.

the gbc ultima 65 has a membrame switch like inside a remote. where the contacts get dirty and the machine quits working.

this stuff used to be common till gold became so expensive

I wish I'd known about that. I have a fancy AM-FM radio with preset
stations and 2 alarms, but it has push button switches. After 15 years
some got dirty, and I cleaned them but they get dirty progressivly more
quickly. Now it lasts less than a year and so I haven't used the radio
for years.

Anything else I can use that might be not as good but similar?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 1 Aug 2015 06:24:44 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

On 7/31/15 10:34 PM, bob haller wrote:
i am looking for the liqid that somehow replates gold contacts in
things like remotes.

the gbc ultima 65 has a membrame switch like inside a remote. where
the contacts get dirty and the machine quits working.

this stuff used to be common till gold became so expensive

http://www.sciplus.com/p/KEYPAD-FIX_45985

(I used to fix them with foil and rubber cement.)

This looks good. Thanks.

My imediate need is for switches with metal to metal contact, and I
realize that's what DeOxit is for. I have a can of that, though I
didn't the last time the radio needed fixing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

i am looking for the liqid that somehow replates gold contacts in things like remotes.

the gbc ultima 65 has a membrame switch like inside a remote. where the contacts get dirty and the machine quits working.

this stuff used to be common till gold became so expensive

I wish I'd known about that. I have a fancy AM-FM radio with preset
stations and 2 alarms, but it has push button switches. After 15 years
some got dirty, and I cleaned them but they get dirty progressivly more
quickly. Now it lasts less than a year and so I haven't used the radio
for years.

Anything else I can use that might be not as good but similar?

We used to clean contacts with a burnishing tool, like an extremely fine
file. Contact cleaner may work. I had a key switch in an old car where
contact cleaner would fix it temporarily. Eventually, I tried WE-40. It
has worked ever since.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I tried contact cleaner and I couldnt' get in all the way but I gently
scraped with a pen knife

WE-40, huh. That's the successor to WD-40 iiuc. I'll try it.

I may try De-oxit too. maybe half of the keys with one and half with
the other. No promises but I'll get back to you in a year or two.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/15 1:25 AM, micky wrote:

WE-40, huh. That's the successor to WD-40 iiuc. I'll try it.

Looks like I need to spray my keyboard with WF-40.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/2015 2:56 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/3/15 1:25 AM, micky wrote:

WE-40, huh. That's the successor to WD-40 iiuc. I'll try it.

Looks like I need to spray my keyboard with WF-40.

I tried WTF-40, but after that I really didn't care
one way or the other.

--
..
Christopher A. Young