Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Boxer resistant fence

My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

She has one of those "alternating wood fences" where there are alternating fence planks on her side and on the neighbors sides.

I would prefer to not have to take down the old fence.

thanks for your ideas. :-)

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy wrote:
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

Can they knock out posts? Hard to believe. Maybe fence board?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 10:10:19 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:
Andy wrote:
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

Can they knock out posts? Hard to believe. Maybe fence board?

I meant fence planks.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Andy" wrote in message
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

She has one of those "alternating wood fences" where there are alternating
fence planks on her side and on the neighbors sides.

I would prefer to not have to take down the old fence.

thanks for your ideas. :-)

Andy

Run an electric fence wire around it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-07-27, Andy wrote:
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

She has one of those "alternating wood fences" where there are alternating fence planks on her side and on the neighbors sides.

I would prefer to not have to take down the old fence.

..44 magnum

Shoot the fence.

If that doesn't work, shoot the dogs. ....et cetera.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/26/2015 08:58 PM, Andy wrote:
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

Is this Groundhog Day? I thought we did electrocuting boxes last week.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27 Jul 2015, "Ralph Mowery" wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Run an electric fence wire around it.

Great idea! Let's start a new thread about it!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/26/2015 09:58 PM, Andy wrote:
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

She has one of those "alternating wood fences" where there are alternating fence planks on her side and on the neighbors sides.

I would prefer to not have to take down the old fence.

thanks for your ideas. :-)

Andy

http://www.amazon.com/Fi-Shock-EAC5A.../dp/B00BPQE6BW

http://www.amazon.com/Fi-Shock-IWKNY.../dp/B00BAA4PKA
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 26 Jul 2015 19:58:39 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

She has one of those "alternating wood fences" where there are alternating fence planks on her side and on the neighbors sides.

I would prefer to not have to take down the old fence.

thanks for your ideas. :-)

Andy

Hard to believe I'm the serious one.

Use ring nails instead of smooth nails

Better yet:
Use screws instead of nails.

There are gizmos that go into your electric drill that hold the screw in
place while you use the drill to screw it in, all the way in. The gizmo
lets go gradually as the screw goes in. But you can just use a
screwdriver bit and skip the gizmo.

One screw at each end of the plank ought to do it.

What are they attached with now? If you say screws, I may have to
reboot my computer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-07-27, Andy wrote:
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

She has one of those "alternating wood fences" where there are alternating fence planks on her side and on the neighbors sides.

I would prefer to not have to take down the old fence.

.44 magnum

Shoot the fence.

If that doesn't work, shoot the dogs. ....et cetera.

nb

Or put you in the yard for them to play with. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/26/2015 10:58 PM, Andy wrote:
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

She has one of those "alternating wood fences" where there are alternating fence planks on her side and on the neighbors sides.

I would prefer to not have to take down the old fence.

thanks for your ideas. :-)

Andy

Run electric fence wire down the middle of
the fence. Or, loop the fence wire around
each fence plank.

Or, you can glue the planks with bacon glue.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 21:10:06 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Andy wrote:
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

Can they knock out posts? Hard to believe. Maybe fence board?

Armco??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 00:14:41 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
My daughter wants me to build a new fence.

She has 2 boxers and they keep knocking out fence posts.

She has one of those "alternating wood fences" where there are alternating
fence planks on her side and on the neighbors sides.

I would prefer to not have to take down the old fence.

thanks for your ideas. :-)

Andy

Run an electric fence wire around it.

Run a runs of 2X6 around the yard at roughly 1.5 and 3 feet above
ground (or whatever the "sweet spot" is for her Boxers) Boxers have
hard heads.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Might need to put steel straps across before putting in the scres so
the Boxers don't just split the planks off the screws.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27 Jul 2015, "Terry Coombs" wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Do you act like a prick in all the newsgroups you read or is it
just here ?

It can happen just about anywhere. Usually, like this time, it's a
reaction to repeated trolling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:13:25 -0400, Nil
wrote:

On 27 Jul 2015, "Terry Coombs" wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Do you act like a prick in all the newsgroups you read or is it
just here ?

It can happen just about anywhere. Usually, like this time, it's a
reaction to repeated trolling.

Answer the question. You never did.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nil wrote:
On 27 Jul 2015, "Terry Coombs" wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Do you act like a prick in all the newsgroups you read or is it
just here ?

It can happen just about anywhere. Usually, like this time, it's a
reaction to repeated trolling.

You have an interesting concept of trolling . I saw a couple of suggestions
about containing the dogs ... both of which had some merit IMO .
Gotta say , from where I'm standing it looks a lot more like you're the
troll .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 6:20:29 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Nil wrote:
On 27 Jul 2015, "Terry Coombs" wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Do you act like a prick in all the newsgroups you read or is it
just here ?

It can happen just about anywhere. Usually, like this time, it's a
reaction to repeated trolling.

You have an interesting concept of trolling . I saw a couple of suggestions
about containing the dogs ... both of which had some merit IMO .
Gotta say , from where I'm standing it looks a lot more like you're the
troll .
--
Snag

Has anyone mentioned concertina wire? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Troll Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27 Jul 2015, Oren wrote in alt.home.repair:

Answer the question. You never did.

The answer is hidden within.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27 Jul 2015, "Terry Coombs" wrote in
alt.home.repair:

You have an interesting concept of trolling . I saw a couple of
suggestions about containing the dogs ... both of which had some
merit IMO .

Perhaps you didn't notice that the guy asked the same question a few
days ago. You probably don't know that he has a history of doing the
same thing in other groups. Perhaps you didn't notice that my
suggestion was patently absurd. Perhaps you didn't notice that several
other answers in this thread were also patently absurd.

Gotta say , from where I'm standing it looks a lot more like you're
the troll .

Perhaps you need to get out more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nil wrote:
On 27 Jul 2015, "Terry Coombs" wrote in
alt.home.repair:

You have an interesting concept of trolling . I saw a couple of
suggestions about containing the dogs ... both of which had some
merit IMO .

Perhaps you didn't notice that the guy asked the same question a few
days ago. You probably don't know that he has a history of doing the
same thing in other groups. Perhaps you didn't notice that my
suggestion was patently absurd. Perhaps you didn't notice that several
other answers in this thread were also patently absurd.

Gotta say , from where I'm standing it looks a lot more like you're
the troll .

Perhaps you need to get out more.

Hey , I get out plenty ! Why just today I went up the little dirt road to
the big dirt road to the highway to get to town ! Took the wife to Pizza Hut
for lunch - after we got some more chicken feed and a piece of steel tube
for a project .
OK , I didn't see his previous post , don't even recall seeing his name
here before . Apparently I don't read the groups he's been posting in ...
but your suggestion of poisoned razor ribbon sounds like something a
dog-hater would say ...
--
Snag