Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Sam Sam is offline

Default ducted ceiling fan?

Hi All,

I've got some rental houses that cater mostly to less-well-to-do folks.
They tend to be rather hard in the wear-n-tear department. They are
positively murder on ceiling fans.

What I think would work would be a "ducted" 52 in ceiling fan. Perhaps
"ducted" is not the right term. What I envision is the blades enclosed
in a 6 inch steel band around the sides -- along with a metal blade guard
on the bottom. The idea is to keep items from contacting the blades.

I've seen a very small version of this in Lowes, but I've had no luck in
finding something bigger. Does anyone make something like this??

Thanks!