Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson

Default best inline ducted extractor for bathroom

I'm doing the bathroom at the moment, and hate those thru wall
extractors. Noisy, and let the cold in. So, what extractor fan system
with inline ducting (around 3 metre duct) do folks recommend. To have a
grille in bathroom ceiling and soffit, fan in loft. I noticed the
Manrose ones - any good ?
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

I'm doing the bathroom at the moment, and hate those thru wall
extractors. Noisy, and let the cold in. So, what extractor fan system
with inline ducting (around 3 metre duct) do folks recommend. To have a
grille in bathroom ceiling and soffit, fan in loft.

I've bought

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLTD160T.html

Seems OK so far, but it isn't fully installed yet. The Manrose ones look
like a cheaper option. I didn't see them when I bought mine. I would
probably have taken a punt on them, given they are less than half the price.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

sm_jamieson wrote:

I'm doing the bathroom at the moment, and hate those thru wall
extractors. Noisy, and let the cold in. So, what extractor fan system
with inline ducting (around 3 metre duct) do folks recommend. To have a
grille in bathroom ceiling and soffit, fan in loft. I noticed the
Manrose ones - any good ?

Not tried the amnrose, but I have used one of these:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLTD250.html

along with the showerlight kit, and a separate humidistat. All worked
very well, nice and quiet as well.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

sm_jamieson wrote:
I'm doing the bathroom at the moment, and hate those thru wall
extractors. Noisy, and let the cold in. So, what extractor fan system
with inline ducting (around 3 metre duct) do folks recommend. To have a
grille in bathroom ceiling and soffit, fan in loft. I noticed the
Manrose ones - any good ?

I put one of these in - only a cheapo, but works fine, nice and quiet
(but not totally silent, so you know it's working and switched on)

Screwed to a rafter mounted on large rubber washers to dampen down
noise, 1m from the ceiling and 2m from the outside wall.

I've used a Manrose fan in the past with no problems. Excellent
technical advice line too - a small component was missing from mine, and
they sent a replacememt arriving next morning. (well OK, it had no
problems other than a minor missing component!)

David

quiet inline fans Lawrence Home Repair 0 June 11th 06 01:09 AM
quiet inline fans RBM Home Repair 0 June 10th 06 10:08 PM
Inline heaters for whirlpool bath Jag Man Home Repair 0 January 26th 05 12:40 AM
split system vs ducted reverse cycle. tony Home Repair 0 January 19th 05 09:48 PM
Ducted range hood / microwave combo ? Paul Home Repair 6 June 17th 04 02:48 PM