tony

Default split system vs ducted reverse cycle.

The application is for an 2nd story extension. 2 bedroom, 1 study + 1
retreat.
The weather is Melbourne type, mild and moderately humid ~30-40%,
25C-35C in summer 7C-15C in winter.

The downstair is running ducted gas heating. There is a 6.5kw split
reverse cycle at the back living room.

what are the pro and con vs the following scenario:
a) split system, reverse cycle in the bedroom (2.5kw) and study
(4-7kw). The study
unit can blow into the retreat. with 2 condensor outside at 2nd level.
1 condensor on ground level.
b) a 7kw -10kw ~5 points ducted. Install in roof cavity space with 1
condensor outside.

Cost of a and b are about the same. Multiple split system seems to be
more expensive than to buy single.

We were thinking to get the inverter type. ie DC motor drive. ie try
to buy as efficient machine as possible.

I am swing towards a), less mucking around the insulation of the new
roof. Aestheically, it is not as nice with 4 condensors outside the
house. Seems to be
a little bit more efficient and more control.

But I am really inexperienced in this area. Thanks in advance.

Closed system open system raditors Adam Topp UK diy 6 September 16th 03 06:14 PM
Radiators and CH system... Christian McArdle UK diy 4 September 2nd 03 04:10 PM
CH system has no vent on primary Keith Refson - real email address in signature UK diy 8 August 27th 03 04:28 PM
Water system problem BigWallop UK diy 2 August 8th 03 11:12 AM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM