Posted to alt.home.repair

Default White pebbles in water supply??

On Wednesday, April 17, 2002 at 7:10:15 AM UTC-7, Duncan wrote:
For the past month or so, I've been cleaning out my sink faucet aerators
nearly once a day! Every day, several tiny white .. rocks .. are collecting
in the aerators, impeding, and sometimes halting the flow of water out of
the faucet.

I've asked my neighbor if he's having the problem, as if my city water
supply was having filter problems, but he said his aerators were fine.

Thinking it was my hot water heater, I've recently flushed the tank, hoping
that was the problem. It was not. I am still collecting the rocks.

I believe my city water is neither "hard" nor "soft". I do not have a water
conditioner.

Questions:

1. What are these white things? Are they .. my pipes decaying? Some
mineral or something?

2. Does such a thing as a "quick clean/self clean" aerator exist? Man, am I
tired of unscrewing these suckers and poking them with a pin every freaking
day. The two faucets that necessitate cleaning the most are in bathrooms,
where we don't drink much water, and therefore wouldn't mind a rock or two
shooting out the faucet.

Thanks.

I just recently had my plumber install a tankless water heater. I also have the same water problem. White pebbles. I had to have the water valve in my bathroom replaced after one year because it constantly dripped. What can I do?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 12:46:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

[...]

Duncan doesn't live here anymore. He moved out over a decade ago
because of the water.

Farkin' google crap!