Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement BBQ Grates & Burners

I have a small BBQ from Big Lots 4+ years ago. Still works fine except the grates are pretty much gone. I don't have the brand on me, but I searched for it and called the 800 number printed on the outside and the company is long gone.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy stainless grates or porcelain-coated steel less cost than the big box stores?

Same for burner. Starting to plug up here and there but I'll need a new one by the end of the summer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 3:52:09 AM UTC-4, Snuffy Hub Cap McKinney wrote:
I have a small BBQ from Big Lots 4+ years ago. Still works fine except the grates are pretty much gone. I don't have the brand on me, but I searched for it and called the 800 number printed on the outside and the company is long gone.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy stainless grates or porcelain-coated steel less cost than the big box stores?

Same for burner. Starting to plug up here and there but I'll need a new one by the end of the summer.

take the old one to home depot or lowes, they sell replacements, or try a local place bthat sells bbq stuff.

i got tired of replacing the grates, so i bought non magnetic stainless, i figure it will outlive me.

before replacing the grate hows the burner?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
I have a small BBQ from Big Lots 4+ years ago. Still works fine except the grates are pretty much gone. I don't have the brand on me, but I searched for it and called the 800 number printed on the outside and the company is long gone.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy stainless grates or porcelain-coated steel less cost than the big box stores?

Same for burner. Starting to plug up here and there but I'll need a new one by the end of the summer.

In our city there is a BBQ galore, specialty store.
There they have every thing to do with BBQ, now and old.
No place like this in your area?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/20/2015 3:51 AM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
I have a small BBQ from Big Lots 4+ years ago. Still works fine except the grates are pretty much gone. I don't have the brand on me, but I searched for it and called the 800 number printed on the outside and the company is long gone.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy stainless grates or porcelain-coated steel less cost than the big box stores?

Same for burner. Starting to plug up here and there but I'll need a new one by the end of the summer.

There was a thread here about a week ago about repairing a grill.
Someone posted a site that has parts. Look for the old thread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 12:33:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

There was a thread here about a week ago about repairing a grill.
Someone posted a site that has parts. Look for the old thread.

....I'd buy this

http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L410-Pre-Seasoned-Sportsmans-Charcoal/dp/B00022OK2A/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1434818845&sr=8-29&keywords=lodge+cast+iron

https://tinyurl.com/p28rv3u

Cost is ~$80.00 at some places.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 07:38:18 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

i got tired of replacing the grates, so i bought non magnetic stainless, i figure it will outlive me.

before replacing the grate hows the burner?

...buy a grill with brass burners and be done

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

i got tired of replacing the grates, so i bought non magnetic stainless, i figure it will outlive me.

before replacing the grate hows the burner?

...buy a grill with brass burners and be done

Have you ever seen one of these grill/cooker? 8-)

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

[8~{} Uncle Grill Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

i got tired of replacing the grates, so i bought non magnetic stainless, i figure it will outlive me.

before replacing the grate hows the burner?

...buy a grill with brass burners and be done

Have you ever seen one of these grill/cooker? 8-)

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

[8~{} Uncle Grill Monster

Have you even seen these?

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/.../image0011.jpg

....but we could go on and on...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

i got tired of replacing the grates, so i bought non magnetic stainless, i figure it will outlive me.

before replacing the grate hows the burner?

...buy a grill with brass burners and be done

Have you ever seen one of these grill/cooker? 8-)

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

[8~{} Uncle Grill Monster

Have you even seen these?

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/.../image0011.jpg

...but we could go on and on...

BOOBIES!! I LOVE BOOBIES!! Some of them even looked natural. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Boobie Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

i got tired of replacing the grates, so i bought non magnetic stainless, i figure it will outlive me.

before replacing the grate hows the burner?

...buy a grill with brass burners and be done

Have you ever seen one of these grill/cooker? 8-)

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

[8~{} Uncle Grill Monster

Yes. Seen them but not needed when I cook dead animals.

Actually looked an them a few weeks ago. I have five dead meat cookers
in my yard. If I smoke a turkey, youngsters ask how I get it rolled
up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 1:26:22 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

BOOBIES!! I LOVE BOOBIES!! Some of them even looked natural. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Boobie Monster

...you sound almost normal now! *L*
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 11:26:17 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

BOOBIES!! I LOVE BOOBIES!! Some of them even looked natural. ^_^

When you see one, you want to see them all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

BOOBIES!! I LOVE BOOBIES!! Some of them even looked natural. ^_^

When you see one, you want to see them all.

Me and my brother knew a really fantastic gal we called The Babe With A Brain or The Blond Bombshell. She was a 36HH and didn't need a life preserver when she fell out of a boat. She liked to scuba dive and had to wear two diving weight belts because of her organic flotation devices. She was one of the few girls you could carry on an intelligent conversation with but she had to tell most men,"My face is up here." ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Walleyed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 1:28:37 PM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:
On Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 1:26:22 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

BOOBIES!! I LOVE BOOBIES!! Some of them even looked natural. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Boobie Monster

..you sound almost normal now! *L*

Heck, society seems to have gone Afrocentric with the new measure of female beauty being a big butt. Hey, she got 4 wheel drive. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Butt Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

If I smoke a turkey,

With your gun?

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Log burners Staffbull UK diy 16 February 18th 08 07:57 PM
Oil Burners/Oil Tanks [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 9th 07 03:48 AM
"seasoning" cast iron frill grates Ubin Home Repair 13 August 1st 06 01:22 PM
Re-Enamel Stove burner tops & Grates MyOldStove Metalworking 1 December 12th 05 12:53 AM
Burners , Revisited Snag Metalworking 0 November 24th 05 05:17 PM