Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window A/C unit - drill holes in water pan ?

replying to Chuckles, Misplacedhippie wrote:
me wrote:

Mark wrote in
:
Put a towel or tarp on the carpet. How hard can that be?

Putting a tarp or towel down won't do much good if the water is running
down the wall. 😞

Posted to alt.home.repair

me wrote:

Mark wrote in
: Put a towel or tarp
on the carpet. How hard can that be?

Putting a tarp or towel down won't do much good if the water is running
down the wall. 😞

Obviously a post out of the distant past since I can't seem to find
anything else on this subject.

How about proper installation of the A/C unit. It's supposed to be
slightly tilted so that the water runs out of the unit onto the ground
or folks walking beneath itg
Posted to alt.home.repair

me wrote:

Mark wrote in
: Put a towel or tarp
on the carpet. How hard can that be?

Putting a tarp or towel down won't do much good if the water is running
down the wall. 😞

Obviously a post out of the distant past since I can't seem to find
anything else on this subject.

How about proper installation of the A/C unit. It's supposed to be
slightly tilted so that the water runs out of the unit onto the ground
or folks walking beneath itg

More Google Groups time travel going on again. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Future Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

me wrote:

Mark wrote in
: Put a towel or tarp
on the carpet. How hard can that be?

Putting a tarp or towel down won't do much good if the water is running
down the wall. ?

Obviously a post out of the distant past since I can't seem to find
anything else on this subject.

How about proper installation of the A/C unit. It's supposed to be
slightly tilted so that the water runs out of the unit onto the ground
or folks walking beneath itg

That's right. There probably is a hole in the water pan already at the
outside end of the AC. And there is probably a provision for attaching
a small hose, to route the drip where the owner wants it. If no hole,
one could drill one there, but only if it's tipped like you say.

Posted to alt.home.repair

me wrote:

Mark wrote in
: Put a towel or tarp
on the carpet. How hard can that be?

Putting a tarp or towel down won't do much good if the water is running
down the wall. ?

Obviously a post out of the distant past since I can't seem to find
anything else on this subject.

How about proper installation of the A/C unit. It's supposed to be
slightly tilted so that the water runs out of the unit onto the ground
or folks walking beneath itg

That's right. There probably is a hole in the water pan already at the
outside end of the AC. And there is probably a provision for attaching
a small hose, to route the drip where the owner wants it. If no hole,
one could drill one there, but only if it's tipped like you say.

I think you're tipped...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 15:44:01 +0000, Misplacedhippie
wrote:

replying to Chuckles, Misplacedhippie wrote:
me wrote:

Mark wrote in
:
Put a towel or tarp on the carpet. How hard can that be?

Putting a tarp or towel down won't do much good if the water is running
down the wall. ?

Right, but pitching the AC properly will stop the drips. You don't
need a lot of pitch.

NEVER drill a hole. I've seen many an AC turned to junk in seconds
that way. People think they know better but end up poking a hole in
the coil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015 09:49:44 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

time travel going on again. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Future Monster

One for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

time travel going on again. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Future Monster

One for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

I had to stop watching because it hurt. I couldn't breath. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laughing Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

time travel going on again. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Future Monster

One for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

I had to stop watching because it hurt. I couldn't breath. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laughing Monster

The time travel started about 1/3 the way in, if you got the far.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

time travel going on again. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Future Monster

One for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

I had to stop watching because it hurt. I couldn't breath. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laughing Monster

The time travel started about 1/3 the way in, if you got the far.

I finally watched the whole thing. A Swedish movie?!! LMFAO

[8~{} Uncle Karate Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015 14:20:51 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

I had to stop watching because it hurt. I couldn't breath. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laughing Monster

The time travel started about 1/3 the way in, if you got the far.

I finally watched the whole thing. A Swedish movie?!! LMFAO

Does your nursing home have a movie night? Or would old folks there
like time travel action flicks )
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

I had to stop watching because it hurt. I couldn't breath. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laughing Monster

The time travel started about 1/3 the way in, if you got the far.

I finally watched the whole thing. A Swedish movie?!! LMFAO

Does your nursing home have a movie night? Or would old folks there
like time travel action flicks )

I haven't seen anything more exciting than afternoon bingo on the activities calendar and there are no nighttime activities other than wetting your diaper. The rooms have TV's and I've noticed some good movies of different genres come on the digital cable but I rarely watch TV except to put on the news at mealtime. All the movies and TV shows I watch are via my Chromebook along with online news. Of course there's Email and Usenet. My roommate is watching TV right now and I have my full coverage headphones on listening to streaming talk radio as I type this.
^_^

[8~{} Uncle Movie Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 7:58:57 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 13:23:03 -0400, micky
wrote:

That's right. There probably is a hole in the water pan already at the
outside end of the AC. And there is probably a provision for attaching
a small hose, to route the drip where the owner wants it. If no hole,
one could drill one there, but only if it's tipped like you say.

Some of the high efficiency units hold water in the pan and splash it
up on the condenser coil to aid cooling. You just need to be sure it
is tilted down so the water gets to the outboard end.

I've used a shopvac to get the water out of them. There are a couple of little one gallon shop-vacs around the house that work very well for cleaning window units. Small vinyl tubing can be duct taped to the larger hose on the shop-vac when I need to get inside something to suck out the water. I also have my air compressor for blowing trash and water out of things. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle AC Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/7/2015 2:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Right, but pitching the AC properly will stop the drips. You don't
need a lot of pitch.

NEVER drill a hole. I've seen many an AC turned to junk in seconds
that way. People think they know better but end up poking a hole in
the coil.

Drain holes, and mounting screws can
be instant death to AC units.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/8/2015 7:37 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/7/2015 2:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Right, but pitching the AC properly will stop the drips. You don't
need a lot of pitch.

NEVER drill a hole. I've seen many an AC turned to junk in seconds
that way. People think they know better but end up poking a hole in
the coil.

Drain holes, and mounting screws can
be instant death to AC units.

I know someone that destroyed two in two days. Yeah, I can do this,
just watch.

window AC unit conversion to water cooling Cydrome Leader Metalworking 17 August 4th 11 03:49 PM
How can I automatically tap 500 holes in 5/16-18 thread size using ahand drill or drill press? [email protected] Metalworking 36 January 8th 08 05:10 AM
A/C Window unit 10K MikeL Home Repair 17 July 31st 07 05:02 AM
How to drill dog holes RayV Woodworking 15 March 26th 07 09:03 AM