Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Window A/C unit - drill holes in water pan ?

On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 20:58:48 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 13:23:03 -0400, micky
wrote:

That's right. There probably is a hole in the water pan already at the
outside end of the AC. And there is probably a provision for attaching
a small hose, to route the drip where the owner wants it. If no hole,
one could drill one there, but only if it's tipped like you say.

Some of the high efficiency units hold water in the pan and splash it

You're right. Thanks for the correction. It's been a long while since
I've dealt with a room AC. (Actually I knew only one -- I'd park
almost underneath the AC -- but my friend quit her job there.)

up on the condenser coil to aid cooling. You just need to be sure it
is tilted down so the water gets to the outboard end.

Right, Just like the instructions said, but people don't always read or
remember that stuff.