Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blue (Sulfate ?) Toilet Bowl Stains ?

Hello,

Toilet bowl has blue stains in it.

Think I read somewhere that these are some kind of "Sulfate" deposit.

Must be a common problem.

Anyone know what works to remove them ?

Thanks,
B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/05/2015 07:13 AM, Bob wrote:

Anyone know what works to remove them ?

Hydrochloric or phosphoric acid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015 09:13:52 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Toilet bowl has blue stains in it.

Think I read somewhere that these are some kind of "Sulfate" deposit.

Copper sulfate?

Must be a common problem.

Anyone know what works to remove them ?

Acidic toilet bowl cleaner. It says, or used to say, that on the label
of some toilet bowl products. The Stuff, or some silly name came like
that, and then I saw a bunch of the stuff at a dollar store, and bought
3 plastic bottles of it. It didnt' do much. Then I noticed the label
was different So it's good enough for normal use, but not for those
deposits.

I once had to use the stuff maybe 6 times in a row to finally get all of
the bowl clean. One could see progress after each time.

When I first moved here, I spent a long time cleaning the dirt out of
the crinkle floor of the shower. It didn't want to go. Now it's
probably just as dirty but it's my dirt and I don't even notice if it's
dirty or not. But toilet bowls are different.

Thanks,
B.

Toilet Tank, Meet Toilet Bowl... SH Home Repair 6 May 13th 19 01:14 AM
Experiment removing brown toilet bowl stains with various acids Danny D.[_8_] Home Repair 69 April 22nd 13 08:24 PM
Brown stains on toilet seat ValveJob Home Repair 9 July 14th 07 10:46 PM
Toilet Stains Stuart UK diy 7 October 27th 06 12:22 PM
Iron stains in Toilet Ronbo Home Repair 3 March 10th 06 06:51 AM