Posted to alt.home.repair
Ronbo

Default Iron stains in Toilet

WHat is good for removal of these stains. TRied the over the counter
stuff but no luck. Would muriac acid work?

Thanks for any help
Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

I used to get iron stains everywhere our well water touched, including
the toilet. CLR seemed to be the only over the counter stuff that
worked - still took a fair amount of effort to scrub off the stains.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

I recently discovered they make a product that is made for just this and
I tried it and it works great. It's called a Pumice Stone. Sounds like
a dumb name and something you wouldn't want to use on a toilet but
believe me, it works....and it's cheap also. Lowes/Home Depot sales
them in the cleaning area.

Ronbo wrote:
WHat is good for removal of these stains. TRied the over the counter
stuff but no luck. Would muriac acid work?

Thanks for any help

Posted to alt.home.repair
Homeowner

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:49:52 -0500, Joey
wrote:

I recently discovered they make a product that is made for just this and
I tried it and it works great. It's called a Pumice Stone. Sounds like
a dumb name and something you wouldn't want to use on a toilet but
believe me, it works....and it's cheap also. Lowes/Home Depot sales
them in the cleaning area.

Another endorsement for pumice stone. Works like a charm. Gets
up under the rim, where all kinds of yeccch accumulate.

Also use bleach; don't let it work too long.

Homeowner