Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Anyone Familiar with SystemsProtect?

replying to Wayne Boatwright, Joe wrote:
Yes, last year our HVAC unit went belly up. The compressor had an internal
leak so was not cooling properly. The system was 17 years old. I called
the required number, late in the day, and within 15 minutes received a
call from a local provider who came the next day. The system came from out
of town so had to wait an extra day for the unit to be installed. Because
of the age of the system they installed a completely new condenser unit.
Getting a $2000 unit for $75 was a bargain in my book. Both the
SystemProtect and Service persons were friendly, knowledgeable and knew
what had to be done quickly. The service company was prompt and performed
the work in a professional manner. The system had been working just fine
in our 100 plus degree heat. I would recommend them in a heart beat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

It was actually $75 plus all the payments of $XXX made for $YYY years....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/5/2015 8:36 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Getting a $2000 unit for $75 was a bargain in my book. Both the
SystemProtect and Service persons were friendly, knowledgeable and knew
what had to be done quickly. The service company was prompt and performed
the work in a professional manner. The system had been working just fine
in our 100 plus degree heat. I would recommend them in a heart beat.

--

It was actually $75 plus all the payments of $XXX made for $YYY years....

They sell peace of mind to people poor at math. Put that money in the
bank and you have a tidy sum in a few years.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

replying to Joe, Joe wrote:
Joe wrote:

[...]

Yes you are right, so we got a $2000 unit for $75 and another $319.50 in
payments for the plan.
Still better than $2000 plus the service call and labor that I would have
been charged if not for the
plan. Do you know what it costs just for some one to come out to take a
look? I am keeping track of
payments versus benefits and so far I am way ahead. When it comes to all
the appliances and other
items in a household you have to be prepared in one way or another. How
many of you will keep
that money in a special account for that rainy day? That is why we have
auto insurance and fire
insurance too. How many of you can put enough money aside to cover
everything within a reasonable
time frame. It would have taken 6 plus years of savings just to cover the
cost of the unit and that
does not include the service call or the labor. Just depends on how you
look at the bigger picture.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/6/2015 9:44 PM, Joe wrote:

[...]

You did well. For every one of you, there are thousands that do not.

I've been a homeowner for 50 years now. I've never paid for extended
warranties and I don't know that I'd ever have collected. Like you, I'm
thousands of dollars ahead, just that I'm on the other side. See where
you will be in another 10 or 50 years of paying premiums.

In the early yr]ears, starting a family it was not easy to save money,
but over time, you'll see how it adds up to save those premiums and be
able to pay cash for any repair or replacement.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 6, 2015 at 10:30:42 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/6/2015 9:44 PM, Joe wrote:

[...]

What's still missing here again is the rest of the story, ie how
long it took to run up the $320 in payments for the plan.
Obviously the failure occurred in the early years.

I'm not totally against extended warranties. There are rare
exceptions where they can make sense. As an example, I was
shopping for a dehumidifier and I know they typically only
last a few years. I had researched the prices online and
had found one that I could buy for a good price, I think it
was about $175. I went to
a local appliance store. In negotiating, the manager finally offered
a deal that was about $30 more than the online price, with
a 3 year extended warranty bundled in. Because they have
a relatively high failure rate and combined with the fact
that I could walk out with the unit right there, bring it
back there if it blew up, etc, I bought it.

Two years later, it was kaput and I brought it back. And
of course that's when the next game begins. They no longer
have that model. The closest model they have is a slightly
larger one and they want $35 more for it. I ask about
just getting the existing one fixed. Answer is they have
to send it out, don't know when or if it will ever come
back. So, given the options, I paid the $35 extra and
wound up with a new one for the $30 + $35 = $65. In that
case it happened to work out.

But overall, I'm with you. That's the only extended warranty
I've bought. The comparison he makes with insurance is a
good one. The big difference is that it's difficult or impossible
to self insure a house or insure a car for liability.
You could have a $200K+ event, which is two or three orders
of magnitude larger than any home system repair. And even
with insurance, I self insure when possible. When I have
collision insurance on a new car, I have a $2000 deductible
and when the car gets older, I'm looking at the cost of the
collision insurance versus the value of the car, looking to
drop it when it doesn't make sense anymore.

And I've heard plenty of bad stories with the warranty
companies. When you have it, you're subject to doing whatever
they are willing to do. If you want to do something else,
then what? Suppose you had a basic AC system and 15 years in
it has a bad compressor. The warranty company could decide
to just replace the compressor. If they replace the whole
thing, then you get what they will give you. How about if you
want a more efficient unit, better unit, etc? I'll bet
then the games begin because you're not in any position to
negotiate. So, to each his own, but I'd rather steer clear
of that added expense and drama.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/06/2015 09:44 PM, Joe wrote:
Do you know what it costs just for some one to come out to take a
look? I am keeping track of payments versus benefits and so far I am way ahead. When it comes to all
the appliances and other items in a household you have to be prepared in one way or another. How
many of you will keep that money in a special account for that rainy day? That is why we have
auto insurance and fire insurance too. How many of you can put enough money aside to cover
everything within a reasonable time frame. It would have taken 6 plus years of savings just to cover the
cost of the unit and that does not include the service call or the labor. Just depends on how you
look at the bigger picture.

Phuck those overpriced HVAC ass-clowns.

I got a set of Yellow Jacket gauges, a Robinair two stage vacuum pump, tank of R410a, volt meter,
safety glasses, leather work gloves and a digital thermometer for around $500.

If I bought an old rusty panel van, I could start ripping people off too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/7/2015 9:42 AM, Richard Trethewey wrote:

Phuck those overpriced HVAC ass-clowns.

I got a set of Yellow Jacket gauges, a Robinair two stage vacuum pump,
tank of R410a, volt meter,
safety glasses, leather work gloves and a digital thermometer for around
$500.

If I bought an old rusty panel van, I could start ripping people off too.

True techs train with older guys, and get experience
and skill.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/07/2015 10:20 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/7/2015 9:42 AM, Richard Trethewey wrote:

Phuck those overpriced HVAC ass-clowns.

I got a set of Yellow Jacket gauges, a Robinair two stage vacuum pump,
tank of R410a, volt meter,
safety glasses, leather work gloves and a digital thermometer for around
$500.

If I bought an old rusty panel van, I could start ripping people off too.

True techs train with older guys, and get experience
and skill.

Maybe Richard holds a doctorate in HVAC from YouTubeUniversity?

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Joe, Maggieodae wrote:
You evidently work for them. Pull the other leg. I paid the $75 deductible
plus $1200 for my water heater. They actually don't pay a damn thing.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ct-309311-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 21:44:02 +0000, Maggieodae
wrote:

posted from
hhttp://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/anyone-familiar-with-systemsprotect-309311-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, Mobile and Social Media Interface to
alt.home.repair and other home improvement groups

Somebody make it stop. Please.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Here's a new twist for this scam. My home mortgage company added a 49.95 cost on my monthly mortgage invoice....calling it Optional Insurance/Other Products. Unfortunately, I did not inquire of them....exactly what this was for for a few months. They finally said that I "may have purchased a subscription or optional insurance from a third party vendor." A few months went by and I could not recall purchasing any subscription or any optional insurance. I complained again to them. They said for me to contact Cross Country. Many $ 49.95's were out the window by this time. Later I got referred to SystemsProtect. They MADE UP a brochure with my name on it and claimed that I had a Home Appliance Insurance program with them for many months now. I NEVER saw anything from SystemsProtect before this and had no contract with them. Looks like they dropped the ball right after my mortgage company started to send them my monthly $ 49.95's. I have demanded every nickle back from my mortgage company....because they billed me every month and for many months, I paid them. I am anxious to hear from anybody who has been treated unfairly by either of these companies and successfully recovered their losses. John
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:06:29 -0800 (PST), wrote:

[...]

The flip side of this is my BIL has a service contract like this on
everything in his house and he is screwing with them to keep fixing a
25 year old Kenmore washer. He says they should buy him a new one
after all of the money he has paid them. Got my popcorn, but my money
is on the BIL. I bet he gets the newest old one they swap out after
they refurbish it. Sending him a maintenance hog just hurts them.
He also makes sure any other burp on anything is addressed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

So how much did that $2000 system really cost? How much have you paid
in premiums and continue to pay?

Anyone Familiar with SystemsProtect? JimR Home Repair 2 June 5th 15 09:44 PM
Anyone Familiar with SystemsProtect? Edwin Pawlowski Home Repair 2 July 21st 09 12:29 AM
Systemsprotect mrlochner1 Home Repair 0 July 30th 08 11:58 AM
Anyone Familiar with SystemsProtect? mark Home Repair 2 May 28th 08 07:30 PM
Anyone Familiar with SystemsProtect? Mike Paulsen Home Repair 1 May 28th 08 01:29 PM