Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Anyone Familiar with SystemsProtect?

replying to Joe, Joe wrote:
Joe wrote:

Yes, last year our HVAC unit went belly up. The compressor had an internal

leak
so was not cooling properly. The system was 17 years old. I called the

required
number, late in the day, and within 15 minutes received a call from a local
provider who came the next day. The system came from out of town so had to

wait
an extra day for the unit to be installed. Because of the age of the system

they
installed a completely new condenser unit. Getting a $2000 unit for $75

was a
bargain in my book. Both the SystemProtect and Service persons were

friendly,
knowledgeable and knew what had to be done quickly. The service company was
prompt and performed the work in a professional manner. The system had been
working just fine in our 100 plus degree heat. I would recommend them in a
heart beat.

Yes you are right, so we got a $2000 unit for $75 and another $319.50 in
payments for the plan.
Still better than $2000 plus the service call and labor that I would have
been charged if not for the
plan. Do you know what it costs just for some one to come out to take a
look? I am keeping track of
payments versus benefits and so far I am way ahead. When it comes to all
the appliances and other
items in a household you have to be prepared in one way or another. How
many of you will keep
that money in a special account for that rainy day? That is why we have
auto insurance and fire
insurance too. How many of you can put enough money aside to cover
everything within a reasonable
time frame. It would have taken 6 plus years of savings just to cover the
cost of the unit and that
does not include the service call or the labor. Just depends on how you
look at the bigger picture.