Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is it just me or does your poop never flush down the low flow toilet?

On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 2:15:58 PM UTC-5, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
I know this sounds gross but a simple solution is to reach down into the
bowl with your hand and break up the feces so there's no long thick "boa
constrictor" sized piece to hang up trying to get around the curve in
the trap. Then flush the toilet.

(And then wash your hand.)

Given that the s__t was housed inside you before it came out and good
manners say to wash your hands after pooping anyway, doing that won't
hurt you and you'll solve the problem without having to resort to a
plunger or a "closet snake".

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Horace L. wrote:
Is it just me or does your poop never flush down the low flow toilet?

One of the things I learned during my stays in the hospital and nursing homes is that the human intestinal tract is indeed 30 feet long. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/13/2015 07:24 PM, "Horace" wrote:
It's a Kohler for God's sake. And it's working "properly".

Hi Horace,

My first Kohler about 20 years ago was a flush and plunge.
It hated the thing. It clogged on pee. There are swear
words still floating around in the stratosphere.

My latest ones are also Kohlers -- the Cimmeron series
(I may have that name wrong). They clog about three times
a year. And they are easy to clear.

Tip: top water and dish soap makes them easier to plunge.
Swearing makes you feel better, but it doesn't help
the clog.

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 May 2015 01:20:20 +0000 (UTC), "Horace L."
wrote:

Is it just me or does your poop never flush down the low flow toilet?

I'd say that you're FULL OF ****! *(or were before you clogged the
toilet)*

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/15 9:20 PM, Horace L. wrote:
Is it just me or does your poop never flush down the low flow toilet?

I bought a cheap one in 1996. I thought a toilet was a toilet. There
have been spells when it didn't flush well. I learned what to watch out for.

Normally, it's under 7 seconds from the time I push the lever until it
gurgles. If it seems a little slow, I time it. If it's slow, I'll
agitate with a plunger until it's under 7 seconds. I haven't had to do
it in a long time.

I think less water and smaller drainpipes weren't the only problems with
those toilets. Unlike the visible surfaces, the inside of the drainpipe
may not be smooth or glazed. If you're selling all you can make, why
bother? If paper, fecal matter, or flashlights get stuck to rough,
unglazed spots, you'll have a slow flush.