Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sand, portland cement, and gravel calculations

I can purchase one ton of sand for 35 dollars, one ton of gravel for 25 dollars, and one 94 lb bag of portand cement for 10 dollars.

How much of each material would I need to mix a yard of my own concrete? I am thinking of adding an extension to my driveway and I don't want a ready mix truck to come and plan on doing it a 4x4 section at a time.

I appreciate any help as I am finding different calculations on the net and I am wanting to make sure what I am thinking is right.

I appreciate it!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Generally speaking, redimix will be cheaper than hand mixed from bulk

aggregates and about half as much as bagged concrete mix in any
significant quantity
How much are you mixing? If it is much more than a yard, get a redimix
truck and be done in an afternoon.

Is the delivery charge in that $25 and $35?
Around here they might charge you $75 to bring you that $25 yard of
gravel.

The delivery charge will really eat things up, especially if you have to pay
2 or 3 people to deliver.

I used some of the bagged concrete to pour a yard. It was about what I
could have paid to have about 3 yards delivered for at the time. Took
several hours to mix it. I would have called a truck for that yard and ate
the other cost but where I wanted it was difficult to get a truck to.

How many bags of Portland Cement for a CU Yard? [email protected] Home Repair 16 August 16th 17 01:14 PM
mortar, concrete & portland cement Tim[_4_] Home Repair 1 March 20th 08 08:31 PM
Portland cement George UK diy 5 December 17th 07 08:47 PM
Block paving question. Sand or sand/cement for the gaps? Tim Downie UK diy 17 June 6th 07 08:28 PM
Portland Cement - how to mix???? Al UK diy 2 August 15th 03 10:30 PM