DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sand, portland cement, and gravel calculations (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/382628-sand-portland-cement-gravel-calculations.html)

[email protected] May 1st 15 11:31 PM

Sand, portland cement, and gravel calculations

I can purchase one ton of sand for 35 dollars, one ton of gravel for 25 dollars, and one 94 lb bag of portand cement for 10 dollars.

How much of each material would I need to mix a yard of my own concrete? I am thinking of adding an extension to my driveway and I don't want a ready mix truck to come and plan on doing it a 4x4 section at a time.

I appreciate any help as I am finding different calculations on the net and I am wanting to make sure what I am thinking is right.

I appreciate it!

Bob F May 2nd 15 03:39 AM

wrote:
I can purchase one ton of sand for 35 dollars, one ton of gravel for
25 dollars, and one 94 lb bag of portand cement for 10 dollars.

How much of each material would I need to mix a yard of my own
concrete? I am thinking of adding an extension to my driveway and I
don't want a ready mix truck to come and plan on doing it a 4x4
section at a time.

I appreciate any help as I am finding different calculations on the
net and I am wanting to make sure what I am thinking is right.

Did you try a simple search for that info?

Ralph Mowery May 2nd 15 03:18 PM

Sand, portland cement, and gravel calculations

wrote in message
Generally speaking, redimix will be cheaper than hand mixed from bulk

aggregates and about half as much as bagged concrete mix in any
significant quantity
How much are you mixing? If it is much more than a yard, get a redimix
truck and be done in an afternoon.

Is the delivery charge in that $25 and $35?
Around here they might charge you $75 to bring you that $25 yard of
gravel.

The delivery charge will really eat things up, especially if you have to pay
2 or 3 people to deliver.

I used some of the bagged concrete to pour a yard. It was about what I
could have paid to have about 3 yards delivered for at the time. Took
several hours to mix it. I would have called a truck for that yard and ate
the other cost but where I wanted it was difficult to get a truck to.

Oren[_2_] May 2nd 15 07:26 PM

On Fri, 1 May 2015 15:31:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I appreciate any help as I am finding different calculations on the net and I am wanting to make sure what I am thinking is right.

I'd be thinking PSI for the mix for a drive. Give me 4500 PSI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_O%27Callaghan_%E2%80%93_Pat_Tillman_Memorial_ Bridge

Monolithic pours ...