Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Check connetions and dust first

On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 4:34:35 PM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:

The circuitry of that TV was mostly ICs with lots of legs. Water under
an IC can take a long time to dry. Sometimes I use a little rubbing
alcohol to help get the water out by lowering surface tension.

What can't be washed these days? I wash keyboards in the kitchen sink. I
wouldn't want to get a relay wet.

When I worked in a repair shop (on PC boards for cash registers) we steam cleaned boards and dried them with compressed air. These were Cmos and Pmos design (Rockwell CPU's). I never had a problem with a board...and knew of no one else that had...