Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DiY Cyclonic Dust Seperator (Dust Weasel)

Using items from around the house and his burned out shop vac he
created a cheap cyclonic dust collector. Pretty neat and dirt cheap!

Check out this DiY dust control project done by grumpygeek.com...
http://grumpygeek.com/?page_id=105

`Casper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 24, 11:07*am, Casper wrote:
No on likes this guy's home-made dust cyclone??

I have researched it since seeing the post.

Can't find any drink cups big enough to take care of my dust mess.
This includes the Quik Trip Big-****er size.

Pretty cool thought.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 24 July, 17:07, Casper wrote:
No on likes this guy's home-made dust cyclone??

4 hours is far too long. Doesn't the guy have a bucket and a hot glue
gun? That's all our first one used.

The only rule of cyclones is that they're easier to do and work better
than you'd expect. Crude is fine.

Then make yourself a steel one, just so it doesn't break when you
knock it over.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Can't find any drink cups big enough to take care of my dust mess.
This includes the Quik Trip Big-****er size.
RonB

Really? In the beginning I almost thought the top one was actually a
take-out soup container like the kind from a chinese place. I think
they're a bit sturdier and might last longer.

4 hours is far too long. Doesn't the guy have a bucket and a hot glue
gun? That's all our first one used.
Andy Dingley

Heh, yeah. I ended up skipping through the video the first time to get
to the meat. He's definitely a little long-winded on this one.

Still pretty cool he made one so lo-tech. I don't have one in my setup
and haven't felt the need, but I might try this out, with better cups.
I like anything that preserves my equipment and saves me money.

`Casper