Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Property taxes

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:51:06 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/21/2015 10:04 AM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:39:52 -0500, philo wrote:

Just got a letter from the city of Milwaukee and I see that the property
taxes on my house are going up yet again. Looks like about 5%.

Can you appeal the increase? Did you?

Can you deduct the tax on state or federal taxes? Eh?

I have no children in skewl. I dislike having to pay taxes for dumb
teachers and students, and spending money for security at our
community gladiator skewls of heathens and pits of vipers.

Spit!

Gov. Walker is not the problem.

It would be futile to appeal.

....but can you deduct the tax that bothers you?

The Milwaukee school system has been going down hill for a long time.

You can't be serious. Oh Really?! Gosh damn it...

So it isn't Gov. Walker, after all :-/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, it's just what he heard : )

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We sent him to class about Cruz being an American here.

Then he read our Constitution on the matter.

Damn Yankees
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Oren belched:

wrote:

[...]

Speaking of Cruz, did you see/hear him school this guy on a gotcha question

http://www.youngcons.com/hugh-hewitt...a-gay-wedding/

Too bad our illustrious leader doesn't understand the constitution as well
as he does

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/21/2015 01:10 PM, Oren wrote:

...but can you deduct the tax that bothers you?

The Milwaukee school system has been going down hill for a long time.

You can't be serious. Oh Really?! Gosh damn it...

So it isn't Gov. Walker, after all :-/

True that he did not cause the problem
but also true that instead of trying to fix it, he's only doing things
to make it worse.

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
On 04/21/2015 01:10 PM, Oren wrote:

...but can you deduct the tax that bothers you?

The Milwaukee school system has been going down hill for
a long
time.

You can't be serious. Oh Really?! Gosh damn it...

So it isn't Gov. Walker, after all :-/

True that he did not cause the problem
but also true that instead of trying to fix it, he's only
doing things
to make it worse.

But you said he did. So if he didn't, what *exactly* is he
doing to make it worse?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:45:20 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

philo wrote:
On 04/21/2015 01:10 PM, Oren wrote:

...but can you deduct the tax that bothers you?

The Milwaukee school system has been going down hill for
a long
time.

You can't be serious. Oh Really?! Gosh damn it...

So it isn't Gov. Walker, after all :-/

True that he did not cause the problem
but also true that instead of trying to fix it, he's only
doing things
to make it worse.

But you said he did. So if he didn't, what *exactly* is he
doing to make it worse?

He Caucuses with the Republicans! Heck I knew that
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 10:45:23 AM UTC-4, ChairMan wrote:
philo wrote:
On 04/21/2015 01:10 PM, Oren wrote:

...but can you deduct the tax that bothers you?

The Milwaukee school system has been going down hill for
a long
time.

You can't be serious. Oh Really?! Gosh damn it...

So it isn't Gov. Walker, after all :-/

True that he did not cause the problem
but also true that instead of trying to fix it, he's only
doing things
to make it worse.

But you said he did. So if he didn't, what *exactly* is he
doing to make it worse?

Walker just submitted his budget that apparently calls for
reducing property taxes in the next two years. So, not only
don't I see that he's doing anything to make it worse, it looks like
he's actually trying to make it better.
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
On 04/21/2015 01:10 PM, Oren wrote:

...but can you deduct the tax that bothers you?

The Milwaukee school system has been going down hill for
a long
time.

You can't be serious. Oh Really?! Gosh damn it...

So it isn't Gov. Walker, after all :-/

True that he did not cause the problem
but also true that instead of trying to fix it, he's only
doing things
to make it worse.

But you said he did. So if he didn't, what *exactly* is he
doing to make it worse?

Walker just submitted his budget that apparently calls for
reducing property taxes in the next two years. So, not only
don't I see that he's doing anything to make it worse, it looks like
he's actually trying to make it better.

Me moved the state to a surplus, reduced debt, took on unions and won
how many elections? Other Republican Governors have done the same.
Look at FL, TX, OH - NV is starting kick a little. First time in
decades Republicans have control in NV.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 11:17 AM, trader_4 wrote:
True that he did not cause the problem
but also true that instead of trying to fix it, he's only
doing things
to make it worse.

But you said he did. So if he didn't, what *exactly* is he
doing to make it worse?

Walker just submitted his budget that apparently calls for
reducing property taxes in the next two years. So, not only
don't I see that he's doing anything to make it worse, it looks like
he's actually trying to make it better.

Maybe he's trying, but like I said, my taxes are going up just the same.

It's no worse than under the Democrats, but no better either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 09:45 AM, ChairMan wrote:
philo wrote:
On 04/21/2015 01:10 PM, Oren wrote:

...but can you deduct the tax that bothers you?

The Milwaukee school system has been going down hill for
a long
time.

You can't be serious. Oh Really?! Gosh damn it...

So it isn't Gov. Walker, after all :-/

True that he did not cause the problem
but also true that instead of trying to fix it, he's only
doing things
to make it worse.

But you said he did. So if he didn't, what *exactly* is he
doing to make it worse?

Fortunately I have first hand info there as I know several teachers.

The Milwaukee Public School system shut down their music program almost
entirely.

A lot more too

here is an article from our right-leaning local paper

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/298500741.html

It's a crime the way education is being cut under Walker,
He's taking what already is a bad situation and making it 100 times worse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 11:11 AM, Oren wrote:
True that he did not cause the problem
but also true that instead of trying to fix it, he's only
doing things
to make it worse.

But you said he did. So if he didn't, what *exactly* is he
doing to make it worse?

He Caucuses with the Republicans! Heck I knew that

So typical:

In the same way that draft-dodging radio talk show hosts favor sending
our young men off to war...

now we have people who do NOT live in Wisconsin telling me...a life-long
Wisconsin resident how great a job Walker is doing.

If you lived here you'd see that he has entirely ****ED the state.
Even those who voted for him are staring to realize they've been fooled.

One more new item from our right-leaning local paper:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...300128921.html

At this rate he'll soon be less popular than Nixon
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:56:03 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/24/2015 11:11 AM, Oren wrote:
True that he did not cause the problem
but also true that instead of trying to fix it, he's only
doing things
to make it worse.

But you said he did. So if he didn't, what *exactly* is he
doing to make it worse?

He Caucuses with the Republicans! Heck I knew that

So typical:

In the same way that draft-dodging radio talk show hosts favor sending
our young men off to war...

What are you talking about, now?

now we have people who do NOT live in Wisconsin telling me...a life-long
Wisconsin resident how great a job Walker is doing.

It happen in most all places. ****, Kali fornicators try to influence
Nevada politics. You can change that.

If you lived here you'd see that he has entirely ****ED the state.
Even those who voted for him are staring to realize they've been fooled.

One more new item from our right-leaning local paper:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...300128921.html

"...Still, the poll released Thursday by Marquette University Law
School found Walker leading the Republican presidential field in
Wisconsin. And nearly two-thirds of GOP-leaning voters in the state
want him to run."

At this rate he'll soon be less popular than Nixon

Polls don't mean squat this early on. Wait 'till early Winter to see
who gets traction.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:45:27 -0500, philo wrote:

Walker just submitted his budget that apparently calls for
reducing property taxes in the next two years. So, not only
don't I see that he's doing anything to make it worse, it looks like
he's actually trying to make it better.

Maybe he's trying, but like I said, my taxes are going up just the same.

Previously I asked if you could deduct this tax on state or federal
tax forms. Well?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 12:21 PM, Oren wrote:
snip

"...Still, the poll released Thursday by Marquette University Law
School found Walker leading the Republican presidential field in
Wisconsin. And nearly two-thirds of GOP-leaning voters in the state
want him to run."

I'm a Democrat and agree with that one. I want him to run too.

Run the hell out of here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:46:27 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/24/2015 12:21 PM, Oren wrote:
snip

"...Still, the poll released Thursday by Marquette University Law
School found Walker leading the Republican presidential field in
Wisconsin. And nearly two-thirds of GOP-leaning voters in the state
want him to run."

I'm a Democrat and agree with that one. I want him to run too.

I'm very sorry that you are a Democrat. Sad to hear that. This could
turn serious really fast.

Run the hell out of here.

Why don't you move, is you dislike Walker so badly? Plus; you don't
give much evidence he is bad for Wisconsin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 12:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:45:27 -0500, philo wrote:

Walker just submitted his budget that apparently calls for
reducing property taxes in the next two years. So, not only
don't I see that he's doing anything to make it worse, it looks like
he's actually trying to make it better.

Maybe he's trying, but like I said, my taxes are going up just the same.

Previously I asked if you could deduct this tax on state or federal
tax forms. Well?

There was at one time up to a $200 Federal credit. Since my taxes are
way above the cut-off point they could add or subtract thousands of
dollars and that $200 figure would stay the same.

This last year, I don't recall if there still was that #200 credit

and there is nothing from the state at any rate.

Again, if the educational system was a good one and my taxes had to go
up a little bit to support it, I would not be complaining.

Problem is there are record cuts being made to the educational system
at the same time there is a proposal to build a BILLION dollar sports
arena. Guess who is going to be funding that one? It will for sure be on
our taxes.

And...as I mentioned before... the new arena is to replace one that's
only 27 years old and was supposed to be good for 50 years.
(Actually it's still in great shape.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 12:54 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:46:27 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/24/2015 12:21 PM, Oren wrote:
snip

"...Still, the poll released Thursday by Marquette University Law
School found Walker leading the Republican presidential field in
Wisconsin. And nearly two-thirds of GOP-leaning voters in the state
want him to run."

I'm a Democrat and agree with that one. I want him to run too.

I'm very sorry that you are a Democrat. Sad to hear that. This could
turn serious really fast.

My wife and I are both Democrats but that does not mean we 100% vote
that way...I said that because we /mostly/ vote that way. She did vote
to Reagen the first time.

Also: I do not consider myself a liberal either, I think too many people
hearing that I am a Democrat automatically assume me to be a liberal...I
am not.

Run the hell out of here.

Why don't you move, is you dislike Walker so badly? Plus; you don't
give much evidence he is bad for Wisconsin.

Anyone who cuts education is bad

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...any-governor-/

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...ducation-cuts/

I can find dozens of similar links but was unable to find any stating
that his cuts to education are a good thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 12:55 PM, philo wrote:
On 04/24/2015 12:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:45:27 -0500, philo wrote:

Walker just submitted his budget that apparently calls for
reducing property taxes in the next two years. So, not only
don't I see that he's doing anything to make it worse, it looks like
he's actually trying to make it better.

Maybe he's trying, but like I said, my taxes are going up just the same.

Previously I asked if you could deduct this tax on state or federal
tax forms. Well?

There was at one time up to a $200 Federal credit. Since my taxes are
way above the cut-off point they could add or subtract thousands of
dollars and that $200 figure would stay the same.

This last year, I don't recall if there still was that #200 credit

and there is nothing from the state at any rate.

I think I flip-flopped State and Federal

At any rate the maximum credit is $200

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:07:10 -0500, philo wrote:

I can find dozens of similar links but was unable to find any stating
that his cuts to education are a good thing.

You have to check another source. Right?

Is it cheaper to pay a teacher that can teach? Pay money to teachers
for being affirmative action puppets? The "man" owes me. Which is
best in your idea.
--
"Don’t confuse me with any facts".-- Rep. Corrine Brown (D-Fla.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 02:56 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:07:10 -0500, philo wrote:

I can find dozens of similar links but was unable to find any stating
that his cuts to education are a good thing.

You have to check another source. Right?

Is it cheaper to pay a teacher that can teach? Pay money to teachers
for being affirmative action puppets? The "man" owes me. Which is
best in your idea.

Like I said, Walker is gutting the educational system. period

It's bad enough as it is and if he was doing something to fix it...that
would be great...even if heads need to roll.

What he's doing however is just plain gutting it. Basically saying:

"We don't need no education."

Anyway he cannot fool the idiots too much longer and is not going to
become our next president. Even the Koch brothers have jettisoned him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Property taxes Another siory.

Oren posted for all of us...

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:39:52 -0500, philo wrote:

Just got a letter from the city of Milwaukee and I see that the property
taxes on my house are going up yet again. Looks like about 5%.

Can you appeal the increase? Did you?

Can you deduct the tax on state or federal taxes? Eh?

I have no children in skewl. I dislike having to pay taxes for dumb
teachers and students, and spending money for security at our
community gladiator skewls of heathens and pits of vipers.

Spit!

Gov. Walker is not the problem.

Never had any kidz so my 40 years of taxes is oppresive.In PA new gov Wolf
wants to increase sales other taxes and lower the property tax. I will be
dead and never see any lowering of property taxes; never happen. Just pay
more. The state is responsible in PA to fund the skewlz but doesn't do it in
the sububurbs. Philly & Pittsburgh get $$$$ but still need more and more.

In East PA we have the SE PA Transportation Authority (SEPTA) running thr
publix body moving. Thet need money too. At one place I worked at I always
wondered why the service people that worked on the signals and crossings
would have a new vehicle every year... Never a scratch on a truck. I never
had the nerve to ask why as he was there every other week it seemed. The had
wreck many years ago and I was the first EMS chief o/s. Definition of mad
house. Nobody seriously hurt but a lot of paperwork for me. Never found out
how many "riders" sued...

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:39:52 -0500, philo wrote:

Just got a letter from the city of Milwaukee and I see that the property
taxes on my house are going up yet again. Looks like about 5%.

The Gov. Walker certainly did not keep his campaign promise of lower
taxes...the increase is no better/ no worse than under Democratic
governors. Were the increase going to help maintain the educational
systems within the state I could deal with it.

The news is telling me that funding is being /cut/ for education and a
BILLION dollar sports arena is in the works.

Nothing against sports of course, but the sports arena is to replace one
that was built in 1988 and had a projected life span of 50 years.

I don't think I've ever seen property taxes go down more then a very
tiny percent when some bond ended. Even when the bubble burst and
real values took a nosedive the taxes stay high because it takes
several years for the book value on the tax rolls to drop and in the
meantime they keep raising the rates to make up for it. Virtually
every year my taxes go up anywhere from 4 to 20% cuz these weasels in
gvt just never seem to have enough money to squander.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 posted for all of us...

philo wrote:
On 04/21/2015 01:10 PM, Oren wrote:

...but can you deduct the tax that bothers you?

The Milwaukee school system has been going down hill for
a long
time.

You can't be serious. Oh Really?! Gosh damn it...

So it isn't Gov. Walker, after all :-/

True that he did not cause the problem
but also true that instead of trying to fix it, he's only
doing things
to make it worse.

But you said he did. So if he didn't, what *exactly* is he
doing to make it worse?

Walker just submitted his budget that apparently calls for
reducing property taxes in the next two years. So, not only
don't I see that he's doing anything to make it worse, it looks like
he's actually trying to make it better.

Let me know how that turns out. I like Walker but the gubbermint has an
insatiable appetite for money.

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/2015 2:07 PM, philo wrote:
On 04/24/2015 12:54 PM, Oren wrote:
Why don't you move, is you dislike Walker so badly? Plus; you don't
give much evidence he is bad for Wisconsin.

Anyone who cuts education is bad

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...any-governor-/

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...ducation-cuts/

I can find dozens of similar links but was unable to find any stating
that his cuts to education are a good thing.

Is there any evidence that funding causes better
education? I don't, but my gut sense is that the
kids in a one room school house on the prarie got
better learning than a highly funded school now
days. Especially since socialism and common core
are presently being taught.
-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/2015 2:07 PM, philo wrote:

My wife and I are both Democrats but that does not mean we 100% vote
that way...I said that because we /mostly/ vote that way. She did vote
to Reagen the first time.

Also: I do not consider myself a liberal either, I think too many people
hearing that I am a Democrat automatically assume me to be a liberal...I
am not.

The people you mostly vote for are mostly liberals.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Property taxes sportz

Robert Green posted for all of us...

http://www.google.com/search?q=deals...+for+taxpayers

I think there is too much emphasis on sports. It is almost cult-like or a
religion. Too late now. Look at sports pages vs honor rolls in newspapers.
Kid scores a point big ta-do but kid that wins a science fair is on page 5
and proceeds to get mocked.

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie® writes:
Never had any kidz so my 40 years of taxes is oppresive.

I had one.

For those of you that had none, do you really want even more
wild kids running around? Think of it as partly for your
own safety.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/2015 9:31 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

Tekkie® writes:
Never had any kidz so my 40 years of taxes is oppresive.

I had one.

For those of you that had none, do you really want even more
wild kids running around? Think of it as partly for your
own safety.

Yes, those kids you educate will be the doctors taking care of you in
your later days. If properly educated, the will be self sufficient and
contribute to society instead of a drain on out tax dollars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 04:10 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
se?

Walker just submitted his budget that apparently calls for
reducing property taxes in the next two years. So, not only
don't I see that he's doing anything to make it worse, it looks like
he's actually trying to make it better.

Let me know how that turns out. I like Walker but the gubbermint has an
insatiable appetite for money.

If you actually lived in Wis you'd think differently about him...

his popularity has dropped quite a bit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie® writes:
Never had any kidz so my 40 years of taxes is oppresive.

I had one.

For those of you that had none, do you really want even more
wild kids running around? Think of it as partly for your
own safety.

Yes, those kids you educate will be the doctors taking care of you in
your later days. If properly educated, the will be self sufficient and
contribute to society instead of a drain on out tax dollars.

Yep, even if I never had kids I'd still have been glad to pay for
education. No one has gutted the system like Walker. It really is a crime.

If Walker wanted to go after the illegitimate -for profit- colleges I'd
have thought differently.

Note: I do not have a problem with -for profit- colleges, I'm
specifically talking about the ones that will automatically graduate
anybody, no matter how poorly they do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 04:19 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Robert Green posted for all of us...

http://www.google.com/search?q=deals...+for+taxpayers

I think there is too much emphasis on sports. It is almost cult-like or a
religion. Too late now. Look at sports pages vs honor rolls in newspapers.
Kid scores a point big ta-do but kid that wins a science fair is on page 5
and proceeds to get mocked.

I have nothing at all against sports, simply the -sports-first- attitude.

De-funding education while funding sports is one of my pet peeves.

https://tobefree.wordpress.com/2013/...not-difficult/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2015 04:09 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

snip

I don't think I've ever seen property taxes go down more then a very
tiny percent when some bond ended. Even when the bubble burst and
real values took a nosedive the taxes stay high because it takes
several years for the book value on the tax rolls to drop and in the
meantime they keep raising the rates to make up for it. Virtually
every year my taxes go up anywhere from 4 to 20% cuz these weasels in
gvt just never seem to have enough money to squander.

During the so called "housing bubble" the city started assessing the
value of houses /above/ actual market value making the assumption the
value was going to keep rising.

That's when my taxes got so high I considered moving.

The city informed us that even though our bills were higher, they had
actually lowered the tax rate. So I have...in a way...seen taxes go
down...even though they went up.

Great Orwellian double-speak.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"philo" wrote in message
I think there is too much emphasis on sports. It is almost cult-like or a
religion. Too late now. Look at sports pages vs honor rolls in
newspapers.
Kid scores a point big ta-do but kid that wins a science fair is on page
5
and proceeds to get mocked.

I have nothing at all against sports, simply the -sports-first- attitude.

De-funding education while funding sports is one of my pet peeves.

https://tobefree.wordpress.com/2013/...not-difficult/

I don't have any thing against sports either. In fact it keeps thousands of
people out of my hair on things I enjoy doing.

I do agree with you on how they are funded. I don't want any of my tax
dollars going to build places for them to play. Charlotte NC built a big
'show place' for sports and later found it could not support its self so
they asked the banks for forgiveness for some of the money. That probably
affects me.

Just saw on the news that some big college wanted to buy a new jet for the
sports people so they could fly around to the high schools to recrute new
players. Why can't they just fly comercial ?

A number of years ago it was said that Michael Jorden got paid more to
advertise a product (think it was shoes) that year than the workers of the
whole factory made that year.
I don't use that product, and hope never to use it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , philo
wrote:

And...as I mentioned before... the new arena is to replace one that's
only 27 years old and was supposed to be good for 50 years.
(Actually it's still in great shape.)

For that to be a viable comparison, you'd have to have an admission tax
for the school and an extra sales tax on everything in the cafeteria.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Is there any evidence that funding causes better
education? I don't, but my gut sense is that the
kids in a one room school house on the prarie got
better learning than a highly funded school now
days. Especially since socialism and common core
are presently being taught.
-

There are a bunch of studies showing an inverse relationship, at least
up to a point. For example some of the Western states (Idaho is one)
that have low cost/student support for education yet have very high
graduation rates, post secondary rates, and average SAT?ACT scores.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
‹ Aaron Levenstein
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 6:25:55 AM UTC-4, philo wrote:
On 04/24/2015 04:09 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

snip

I don't think I've ever seen property taxes go down more then a very
tiny percent when some bond ended. Even when the bubble burst and
real values took a nosedive the taxes stay high because it takes
several years for the book value on the tax rolls to drop and in the
meantime they keep raising the rates to make up for it. Virtually
every year my taxes go up anywhere from 4 to 20% cuz these weasels in
gvt just never seem to have enough money to squander.

During the so called "housing bubble" the city started assessing the
value of houses /above/ actual market value making the assumption the
value was going to keep rising.

That's when my taxes got so high I considered moving.

Then something is apparently very wrong in your city govt,
so why aren't you complaining about that, instead of Gov Walker?
Rising assessments should not affect the amount of taxes you
pay. If a town needs X dollars to fund it's budget, then
they apply whatever tax rate it takes to get that from the
total assessed value of all the properties. If the value of
the properties is higher, then the tax rate just gets set
lower, so that they raise the same amount. What raises
taxes is uncontrolled spending.

The city informed us that even though our bills were higher, they had
actually lowered the tax rate. So I have...in a way...seen taxes go
down...even though they went up.

Great Orwellian double-speak.

Typically some people do wind up paying more taxes
because all properties don't always appreciate proportionally.
Here at the shore people with waterfront properties have
been complaining because when revaluation was done, there
properties went up substantially more than other inland
properties in other neighborhoods. But that isn't the govt's
fault, it just reflects the economic reality. So, they
wind up paying more, some other folks wind up paying less.
For everyone to be paying higher, it would require that
your local govt decided to jump their total spending up.
Again, that would be the local govt, not Walker.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/25/2015 05:48 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[...]

Pretty sure it was shoes.

I do know that a large part of what we pay for products is the advertising.

I find that non-advertised products are sometimes 25% the price of the
advertised brands.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/25/2015 07:04 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Is there any evidence that funding causes better
education? I don't, but my gut sense is that the
kids in a one room school house on the prarie got
better learning than a highly funded school now
days. Especially since socialism and common core
are presently being taught.
-

There are a bunch of studies showing an inverse relationship, at least
up to a point. For example some of the Western states (Idaho is one)
that have low cost/student support for education yet have very high
graduation rates, post secondary rates, and average SAT?ACT scores.

I do agree that quality of education does not necessarily equate
directly to cost.

If the University of Wisconsin had it's funding cut by a few million
dollars, I'm sure there would be plenty of innovative ways to prevent
education from suffering.

However, when over $100 million is going to be cut, I don't predict that
the quality of education is going to get better as a result.