Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT/Remember Net Neutrality

Remember how Net Neutrality wasn't going to raise prices?

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/1...ign=h aupdate

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 17:26:27 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

Remember how Net Neutrality wasn't going to raise prices?

When the government get its grubby little hands on the money bag, they
will not let go. We still pay taxes to pay for the War of Northern
Aggression ... never repealed, yet that I know of..

Wimpy: ""Cook me up a hamburger. I'll pay you Thursday." In 1932, this
then became the famous "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger
today". This phrase is now commonly used to illustrate financial
irresponsibility..."
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.rec.driving

Default Remember Net Neutrality

wrote:

Remember how Net Neutrality wasn't going to raise prices?

Wimpy: ""Cook me up a hamburger. I'll pay you Thursday." In 1932, this
then became the famous "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger
today". This phrase is now commonly used to illustrate financial
irresponsibility..."

Oren uses "net neutrality" to defend against homosexual attacks in his rear
entrace.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.rec.driving

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Remember how Net Neutrality wasn't going to raise prices?

Wimpy: ""Cook me up a hamburger. I'll pay you Thursday." In 1932, this
then became the famous "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger
today". This phrase is now commonly used to illustrate financial
irresponsibility..."

Oren uses "net neutrality" to defend against homosexual attacks in his rear
entrace.
LOL

Yeah... LOL

--
Checkmate
"Usenet, without a net!" (TM)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Remember how Net Neutrality wasn't going to raise prices?

When the government get its grubby little hands on the money bag, they
will not let go. We still pay taxes to pay for the War of Northern
Aggression ... never repealed, yet that I know of..

Wimpy: ""Cook me up a hamburger. I'll pay you Thursday." In 1932, this
then became the famous "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger
today". This phrase is now commonly used to illustrate financial
irresponsibility..."

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government
programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau
is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Posted to alt.home.repair

What lead to the above boogy man and similar was just some broadband
providers thinking about charging content providers that use a lot of
their bandwith some service fees. Sounds very consumer friendly to me.
I don't stream from Netflix and Amazon, why should my broadband fees
have to help cover the infrastructure that's being consumed by those
other users? It's very much like cell phone companies, where 5% of
the users consume 80% of the bandwith. The cell phone companies figured
out ways to deal with that too.

because the broadband providers happen to be TV providers too.

So they can charge netflix and others so much so no one will have a opportunity to find a competive tv provider
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 8:57:45 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
What lead to the above boogy man and similar was just some broadband
providers thinking about charging content providers that use a lot of
their bandwith some service fees. Sounds very consumer friendly to me.
I don't stream from Netflix and Amazon, why should my broadband fees
have to help cover the infrastructure that's being consumed by those
other users? It's very much like cell phone companies, where 5% of
the users consume 80% of the bandwith. The cell phone companies figured
out ways to deal with that too.

because the broadband providers happen to be TV providers too.

So they can charge netflix and others so much so no one will have a opportunity to find a competive tv provider

That's a valid point, *if* it ever started to happen, ie where those
companies were charging prices that blocked Netlfix. Nothing I've
seen shows that it was though. And if they did, antitrust laws already
exist, or they could have passed something to only address that potential,
narrow, overcharging problem. What they did instead is to ban charging
high bandwith providers anything at all. Which means I'm paying for
the infrastructure to support the streaming video customers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Remember how Net Neutrality wasn't going to raise prices?

When the government get its grubby little hands on the money bag, they
will not let go. We still pay taxes to pay for the War of Northern
Aggression ... never repealed, yet that I know of..

Wimpy: ""Cook me up a hamburger. I'll pay you Thursday." In 1932, this
then became the famous "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger
today". This phrase is now commonly used to illustrate financial
irresponsibility..."

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government
programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau
is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Congress raided the federal CSRS retirement money pot. Spent money
the way they do. Instead of putting the money taken, back into the
system, They passed laws establishing the FERS system. I hung tight.

Net neutrality Mayayana Home Repair 7 July 18th 14 02:02 PM
Net neutrality Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 6 June 13th 11 05:09 PM
Net neutrality Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 0 June 12th 11 06:15 PM
Net neutrality Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 15 June 7th 11 01:55 AM
Off Topic: Net Neutrality [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 12th 06 05:02 PM