Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Made in France?

I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the
package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little
town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality products.

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

None of that crap from the Orient for me, I'm buying quality from Chine.
French, you know.
Posted to alt.home.repair
JAS JAS is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the
package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little
town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality products.

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

None of that crap from the Orient for me, I'm buying quality from Chine.
French, you know.

I believe Chine is French for China (noun) according to my translator
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Apr 2015 11:16:05 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the
package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little
town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality products.

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

None of that crap from the Orient for me, I'm buying quality from Chine.
French, you know.

In English, 'fabrique en chine' is 'factory in China'

Think outsourcing

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 5, 2015 at 11:33:08 AM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

In English, 'fabrique en chine' is 'factory in China'

Think outsourcing

....more precisely, "fabricated in China".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/05/2015 11:26 AM, JAS wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the
package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little
town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality products.

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

None of that crap from the Orient for me, I'm buying quality from Chine.
French, you know.

I believe Chine is French for China (noun) according to my translator

I'm sure the OP knows that and was posting facetiously.

There was a story ( don't think it was true) that there was a city in
Japan named "Usa"...so products made in Japan could be labeled "Made in USA"

Ironically, after a buy-out I was once employed by the Japanese battery
manufacturer "Yuasa" for five years. They made it clear that it would be
turned over to another company (American) at the end of the five year
period...and they were good for their word.

They gave us Turkey's at Thanksgiving...which none of the American owned
companies I worked for ever did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JAS" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the
package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little
town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality products.

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

None of that crap from the Orient for me, I'm buying quality from Chine.
French, you know.

I believe Chine is French for China (noun) according to my translator

Just a guess but I think Ed knew that

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/5/2015 2:10 PM, JAS wrote:
Frank wrote:
On 4/5/2015 12:26 PM, JAS wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the
package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little
town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality
products.

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine
is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

None of that crap from the Orient for me, I'm buying quality from
Chine.
French, you know.
I believe Chine is French for China (noun) according to my translator

Oui. He knows

je suis désolé

It is funny and most people take at face value that such a label means
the product was made there.

My wife chides me about buying glasses from Zenni optical at one fifth
of what I paid in the US. I show her the US glass case that says, Made
in China.

Just looking at some clip on sun glasses Made in USA bought 20 years ago
in France for 70 francs which I thought was outrageous at the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villa wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2015 at 11:33:08 AM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

In English, 'fabrique en chine' is 'factory in China'

Think outsourcing

...more precisely, "fabricated in China".

Yes, maybe designed in France, made in China.
Same with my high end AC receiver, Anthem.
Designed in Canada, made in China.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Apr 2015 09:44:48 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa
wrote:

On Sunday, April 5, 2015 at 11:33:08 AM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

In English, 'fabrique en chine' is 'factory in China'

Think outsourcing

...more precisely, "fabricated in China".

As I stated: "outsourcing".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/05/2015 09:16 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

It's a little town right next to Usa.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/5/2015 12:33 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/5/2015 12:26 PM, JAS wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the
package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little
town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality products.

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

None of that crap from the Orient for me, I'm buying quality from Chine.
French, you know.

I believe Chine is French for China (noun) according to my translator

Oui. He knows

It was actually a company in Montreal, but I though France sounded
better for my purpose and twisted sense of humor. Quebec has labeling
laws that require bilingual verbiage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/5/2015 1:01 PM, philo wrote:
Ironically, after a buy-out I was once employed by the Japanese battery
manufacturer "Yuasa" for five years. They made it clear that it would be
turned over to another company (American) at the end of the five year
period...and they were good for their word.

Let me guess? They were sold to Italian company,
in the north part of Italy. Now the company is
called Upper Yuasa.

And the computer company that used to be in
Timbuktu. Sold to Mr. Wi San, from Japan.
Now the company is called Wibuktu.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/5/2015 1:32 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"JAS" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the
package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little
town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality products.

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

None of that crap from the Orient for me, I'm buying quality from Chine.
French, you know.

I believe Chine is French for China (noun) according to my translator

Just a guess but I think Ed knew that

Ed worked for an underwear company, Western Innovation
Corporation. Their motto: The soul of brevity is W.I.T.

"gettin' deep in here"

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the
package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little
town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality products.

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

None of that crap from the Orient for me, I'm buying quality from Chine.
French, you know.

Which would you say is better - Chinese tools from Harbor Freight, Chinese tools from HD or Chinese tools from France (where the wimmen wear no pants).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/6/2015 12:42 AM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the
package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little
town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality products.

Damn, wish I had taken French in High School so I'd know where Chine is.
If I ever go to France, I'll visit the town

None of that crap from the Orient for me, I'm buying quality from Chine.
French, you know.

Which would you say is better - Chinese tools from Harbor Freight, Chinese tools from HD or Chinese tools from France (where the wimmen wear no pants).

It really depends on who does the engineering. China is capable of
making good quality, but they can still make cheap junk if specified.

Last time I was in Italy my rental car was the French Citroen. I was
impressed with all the goodies it had in it. Not so sure I'd buy one
though, they do a good job with wine, cheese and bread though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Last time I was in Italy my rental car was the French Citroen. I was
impressed with all the goodies it had in it. Not so sure I'd buy one
though, they do a good job with wine, cheese and bread though.

Even though this thread started as a poke at Chine, it did cause me to
think about the products Made in France that I encounter. Basically,
I came up with your list plus Airbus. But I don't recall actually
buying a MiF product. I've bought some flower pots and frying pans Made
in Italy where the Italianness is entirely incidental. But nothing like
that from France.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/7/2015 3:30 AM, Fake ID wrote:

Even though this thread started as a poke at Chine, it did cause me to
think about the products Made in France that I encounter. Basically,
I came up with your list plus Airbus. But I don't recall actually
buying a MiF product. I've bought some flower pots and frying pans Made
in Italy where the Italianness is entirely incidental. But nothing like
that from France.

I have a copper pot made in France. Mauviel is one brand, but there are
a couple of others. Then it is back to the wine and cheese.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
On 4/7/2015 3:30 AM, Fake ID wrote:

Even though this thread started as a poke at Chine, it did cause me to
think about the products Made in France that I encounter. Basically,
I came up with your list plus Airbus. But I don't recall actually
buying a MiF product. I've bought some flower pots and frying pans Made
in Italy where the Italianness is entirely incidental. But nothing like
that from France.

I have a copper pot made in France. Mauviel is one brand, but there are
a couple of others. Then it is back to the wine and cheese.

I would pay up to $200 for certain things from France.

Gridwatch France The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 29 March 10th 14 09:37 PM
car bulbs in France JTM UK diy 30 August 30th 10 07:21 PM
Other advancements were also being made to improve the durability ofthe wristwatch. The faces were replace with ones made of synthetic plastic.This made them much more durable and resistant to breaking and cracking.Another advancement was in the dial wholesale2 Electronics Repair 0 April 19th 08 08:16 PM
Never buy anything made in France!!! (espec: combi boilers) Jim D UK diy 26 January 15th 07 10:30 AM