Posted to alt.home.repair

Default what is this tool?

Found this in a thrift store and no one around here can identify what
it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9tn3jnvnc..._0763.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uke09735h0..._0767.JPG?dl=0

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/1/2015 8:50 AM, badgolferman wrote:
Found this in a thrift store and no one around here can identify what
it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9tn3jnvnc..._0763.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uke09735h0..._0767.JPG?dl=0

No clue. Wish Rob H was around, with his what is it
web site. He'd know.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"badgolferman" wrote in message
Found this in a thrift store and no one around here can identify what
it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9tn3jnvnc..._0763.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uke09735h0..._0767.JPG?dl=0

Thatsa clit remover. Them ragheads over in the Muddle East use 'em on their
daughters and wives.

Posted to alt.home.repair

badgolferman wrote:

Found this in a thrift store and no one around here can identify what
it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9tn3jnvnc..._0763.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uke09735h0..._0767.JPG?dl=0

Found it! Now if I could figure out how to use it...

http://www.amazon.com/HIC-2-Shrimp-D.../dp/B000I21M8E

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 23:03:23 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

Found it! Now if I could figure out how to use it...

http://www.amazon.com/HIC-2-Shrimp-D.../dp/B000I21M8E

_Shrimp Deveiner and Peeler_

Get easy... _How to Peel and Devein Shrimp_

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_peel_and_devein_shrimp/

I don't need another gadget
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 7:03:28 PM UTC-4, badgolferman wrote:
badgolferman wrote:

Found this in a thrift store and no one around here can identify what
it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9tn3jnvnc..._0763.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uke09735h0..._0767.JPG?dl=0

Found it! Now if I could figure out how to use it...

http://www.amazon.com/HIC-2-Shrimp-D.../dp/B000I21M8E

Good job. I was stumped.

Ah, you do know that's not a vein, right????????????

just saying
Posted to alt.home.repair

badgolferman wrote:

Found this in a thrift store and no one around here can identify what
it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9tn3jnvnc..._0763.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uke09735h0..._0767.JPG?dl=0

Found it! Now if I could figure out how to use it...

http://www.amazon.com/HIC-2-Shrimp-D.../dp/B000I21M8E

Good job. I was stumped.

Ah, you do know that's not a vein, right????????????

just saying

I was stumped too, but I did think it had something to do with cooking /
food preparation.
At least I was in the right category.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2015 05:55 AM, wrote:

Found it! Now if I could figure out how to use it...

http://www.amazon.com/HIC-2-Shrimp-D.../dp/B000I21M8E

Good job. I was stumped.

Ah, you do know that's not a vein, right????????????

just saying

I was stumped too, but I did think it had something to do with cooking /
food preparation.
At least I was in the right category.

I was stumped too.

Probably something I'd have no need for.

When I was in the Army I was told to take all the food I wanted...but to
leave nothing on the plate. Forty-six years later, I find that habit
hard to break.

On my first leave home, after dinner I had a 100% clean plate...but when
I looked at my parent's and sister's plates, I noticed the uneaten
shrimp tails.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 8:17:09 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:

When I was in the Army I was told to take all the food I wanted...but to
leave nothing on the plate. Forty-six years later, I find that habit
hard to break.

On my first leave home, after dinner I had a 100% clean plate...but when
I looked at my parent's and sister's plates, I noticed the uneaten
shrimp tails.

Funny...true or a late April Fool?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 9:17:09 AM UTC-4, philo wrote:
When I was in the Army I was told to take all the food I wanted...but to
leave nothing on the plate. Forty-six years later, I find that habit
hard to break.

On my first leave home, after dinner I had a 100% clean plate...but when
I looked at my parent's and sister's plates, I noticed the uneaten
shrimp tails.

I have some REALLY bad news for you about olives.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2015 08:28 AM, bob_villa wrote:
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 8:17:09 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:

When I was in the Army I was told to take all the food I wanted...but to
leave nothing on the plate. Forty-six years later, I find that habit
hard to break.

On my first leave home, after dinner I had a 100% clean plate...but when
I looked at my parent's and sister's plates, I noticed the uneaten
shrimp tails.

Funny...true or a late April Fool?

100% true and if you don't believe me, ask my wife about my manners.

I'm at the most, five pounds over-weight, but from the way I eat by all
rights I should be 200 pounds over-weight.

On our first date, when she got up to use the bathroom, I finished her meal.

For some reason she went out with me again.

I have three modes: working hard, eating or napping.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2015 08:43 AM, TimR wrote:
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 9:17:09 AM UTC-4, philo wrote:
When I was in the Army I was told to take all the food I wanted...but to
leave nothing on the plate. Forty-six years later, I find that habit
hard to break.

On my first leave home, after dinner I had a 100% clean plate...but when
I looked at my parent's and sister's plates, I noticed the uneaten
shrimp tails.

I have some REALLY bad news for you about olives.

I don't eat olive pits, and if the Army served them, they would not have
expected us to eat the pits. Being in the Army /was/ the pits.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 12:12:56 -0500, philo wrote:

Being in the Army /was/ the pits.

Beats the Air Force where you get to sleep in beds and have hot food.
--
"Never accuse a Soldier of being a Marine"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2015 12:21 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 12:12:56 -0500, philo wrote:

Being in the Army /was/ the pits.

Beats the Air Force where you get to sleep in beds and have hot food.

Much to my surprise the food in the Army was damned good!

As to beds. I got in just at the time they were getting rid of the WW-II
era cots. I think we went from a 2" mattress to a four inch.

Anyway, they worked us so hard we probably could have slept on broken glass/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 13:33:46 -0500, philo wrote:

Anyway, they worked us so hard we probably could have slept on broken glass/

We did the like years ago on prison gun squads. Worked 'em so hard
they didn't want anything but to collapse face down on a bunk bed,
skip meals, phone calls and Sunday service. At least they where
dressed when they woke up. Ready for work. Trust me, they hated the
walkin' boss, John.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2015 01:59 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 13:33:46 -0500, philo wrote:

Anyway, they worked us so hard we probably could have slept on broken glass/

We did the like years ago on prison gun squads. Worked 'em so hard
they didn't want anything but to collapse face down on a bunk bed,
skip meals, phone calls and Sunday service. At least they where
dressed when they woke up. Ready for work. Trust me, they hated the
walkin' boss, John.

No matter how tired I've been, I've never skipped a meal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 14:59:07 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/02/2015 01:59 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 13:33:46 -0500, philo wrote:

Anyway, they worked us so hard we probably could have slept on broken glass/

We did the like years ago on prison gun squads. Worked 'em so hard
they didn't want anything but to collapse face down on a bunk bed,
skip meals, phone calls and Sunday service. At least they where
dressed when they woke up. Ready for work. Trust me, they hated the
walkin' boss, John.

No matter how tired I've been, I've never skipped a meal.

You never worked under the prison walkin' boss at gun point.

Standing at parade rest I fell asleep in a chow line, circa '70. I
needed to eat
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2015 03:29 PM, Oren wrote:

No matter how tired I've been, I've never skipped a meal.

You never worked under the prison walkin' boss at gun point.

Standing at parade rest I fell asleep in a chow line, circa '70. I
needed to eat

Unless I had something to eat, I would not even have enough energy to
fall over.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 16:05:56 -0500, philo wrote:

Unless I had something to eat, I would not even have enough energy to
fall over.

After one experience, I never consumed Army soup.

The first time, a spoon full sent me out the chow hall, ganging on the
nice landscaped lawn. Spit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2015 04:33 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 16:05:56 -0500, philo wrote:

Unless I had something to eat, I would not even have enough energy to
fall over.

After one experience, I never consumed Army soup.

The first time, a spoon full sent me out the chow hall, ganging on the
nice landscaped lawn. Spit.

The food did vary from unit to unit, but in general we had great food.

I am pretty sure we were eating horse meat though.