Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default What would you use to seal this crack in a homemade manzanitawalking stick?

What would you use to seal this crack in a manzanita walking stick?
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8736/1...0ee6cc2d_c.jpg

Would you just cover the crack with a wrap of leather string instead?

BTW, I tried Elmers white glue (with sawdust) which just shrank.

I tried Durham's Water Putty, but, putty is not a glue, and it just fell
out as the stick flexed over time (it's what my wife uses on hikes).

Note: The business end of the home-made manzanita walking stick worked
out much better than the hand-holding end.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8752/1...46f72bc2_c.jpg

For that tip, I bought a steel sleeve, & a rubber chair leg protector:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8689/1...97bb2f0e_c.jpg

The rubber doesn't last long; but the wife likes it (so I keep replacing
it). If there's a better idea than rubber chair leg protectors, let me
know.

What would you use to seal this crack in a homemade manzanitawalking stick? Danny D.[_15_] Woodworking 51 April 3rd 15 04:16 AM
Bulb Seal/Bubble Seal/O-Seal John Whitworth[_5_] UK diy 3 July 24th 11 02:33 PM
Seal crack roof tile Jethro UK diy 8 September 19th 08 04:39 PM
Cheap peel-n-stick floor tile doesn't stick Mike Home Repair 13 June 5th 07 05:31 AM
To (re)seal or not to (re)seal granite counter tops? blueman Home Repair 11 July 31st 06 04:44 PM